“"STRESSFUL SPA DAY"” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Glenerin Inn

You added Glenerin Inn to your Saves list
Glenerin Inn
3.5 of 5 Inn   |   1695 the College Way, Mississauga, Ontario L5L 3S7, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #1 of 10 Mississauga B&B and Inns
North Bay, Canada
“"STRESSFUL SPA DAY"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I listened to people dropping things, a woman walking around in high heel shoes and children running back and forth for my whole 1 1/2 "relaxation" spa time. The massage hurt and my upper back was sore for 3 days. My room looked NOTHING like the rooms advertised on the site! and I mean NOTHING!!!! My room must of been decorated in 1927 with yellow wallpaper and curtains. It had not been dusted and was so very hot in there that I had to leave two windows open all night. This was my birthday present and I am sorry that my relatives wasted their money on it. I was given a card and told that if I returned the inn would see about giving me a discount. DON'T BOTHER I WILL NEVER EVER RETURN.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jason M, General Manager at Glenerin Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
My apologies for your disappointing experience. I know efforts were made with you upon check out to try and please you and apologize for your overall experience. If there is an opportunity for you to speak with me directly I would love the opportunity to win you back as a customer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is a very comfortable Inn, staff was very pleasant, the room was very comfortable, Linens are nice and love the organic soap and shampoo. This is a wonderful little spot. Great location and in my opinion this is a very well run Inn. The free coffee in the morning is a nice treat too!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dundas, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed at the Glenerin Inn this past Sunday. We had Sunday brunch there (great deal with the 2 for 1 offer). We had a Travelzoo offer for the room as well. Nice comfortable room on the second floor overlooking the wooded area. Did not have a coffee maker but within 10 minutes of phoning the desk to ask for one, one was delivered to our room. Apparently they are only usually supplied in the suites.
The dining room was comfortable and the food was very good. Great service in the restaurant. Breakfast was served in the bar area as there were very few overnight guests. Very tasty breakfast.
Above all I have to compliment the staff on a great job. They were welcoming and friendly and very efficient and obliging. They did everything they could to make the stay and pleasant and comfortable one.
Very close to shopping if you want to go out.
Only 40 minutes away from home but a really nice break from routine and a chance to relax.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2nd floor as it is quiet up there and no one walking above you. Also the view of the wo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Massena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We spent the night at the Glenerin Inn after a wedding. The staff was just fantastic and more than willing to answer any questions or do what it took to make minor changes to have our stay be memorable. The place has lots of charm and the food was very good. It amazed us that an inn such as this could exist in the middle of a large metropolitan area. I would recommend this Inn to anyone who is looking for a great quiet getaway.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jason M, General Manager at Glenerin Inn, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope your travels bring you back to Mississauga in the near future.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were married at the Glenerin Inn March 31, 2012 and I have promised myself since then to write a review to make sure everyone knows what a fantastic choice this was. We found the Glenerin by accident, but the moment we walked in we fell in love and after Maurizio showed us around all the beautiful rooms there was no going back. We originally were looking at the Old Mill, but the Glenerin had something we couldn't get there - we would be the only wedding! We could have the entire space to ourselves without the need to rush out of the way for another party! On top of that the inn was so perfect there was no need for decorations (if you don't believe me, just go and see). We were married in the Evans Room (extraordinary lighting, I really felt like a princess - silly as that sounds you'll have to trust me) and dinner was served in the Credit Valley Room. After dinner we returned to the Evans Room for dancing. I was a little apprehensive about there being multiple rooms at first, but it ended up being perfect! There were places for guests to sit and talk away from the music which allowed us to turn down the lights and focus on the music and "partying" which is harder to do when everything is in one room. All of our guests beyond enjoyed the stay (we booked more than half of the hotel rooms), the service, the food and the layout. Even our DJ and photographer commented on how perfect a location it was. Guests were dancing until 2am and when the music was turned off the party moved into the guest rooms where they were up until the 4 :) The guestrooms are all completely unique and you really feel like you're transported to some magical place. But despite how happy we were with the inn, the rooms, the grounds and the food the one thing we hadn't expected was the absolutely incredible service we received from the staff. Maurizio was beyond amazing. He made sure everything was perfect for us AND also helped us stay on track throughout the night. Whenever we needed him he was there! He was there to let me know when it was time to walk down the aisle and he was there when my husband requested a special drink (not on the menu) for his sister, which Maurizio somehow found :) We were fortunate enough to have no one book the Friday before us so we were able to set-up that night. Amella (I'm sure I spelt that wrong) helped anytime we needed something and made sure everything was taken care of (which helped calm me down which I REALLY needed and cannot be more thankful for). Even when the flowers I had from the cancer society were not opening, Amella told me not to worry and warmed up the room in hopes of coaxing them to open (which they did!). All the bartenders and servers were also fantastic. I had forgotten my cousin was allergic to tomatoes and when they brought out the salad and she explained she couldn't eat it a few minutes later a new salad appeared without tomatoes just for her! Honestly I could go on forever, but to keep it simple if you are looking to have your wedding somewhere unique where you will be treated every moment like its your special day, this is the place. We really felt like all the staff truly cared about us and because of that they made the day all the more perfect. We can't thank them all enough and we will remember them as part of our day forever. Our anniversary is coming up (time flies!) and we're hoping to be able to return to remember the magic of one of the best nights of our lives.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so proud to hear that your wedding day was magical. Thank you for your kind comments and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Poole, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

When we walked into the main reception on the snowiest day for years to see a blazing fire and a welcoming smile everything was suddenly better. the snow drifts outside a memory.

The room, somewhat tired but comfortable. we had booked the couples chocolate massage experience. the spa felt crammed in to the basement rooms but the experience itself was amazing and worth ever penny. Friendly and treatment after treatment of chocolate heaven.

And so we looked forward to the included dinner package.

Sadly the food was a real let down.

The special was chicken and bacon on tagliatelle ...which looked exactly that...bAsia and thrown together...and the special"tirimasu " was made of sponge fingers and was a bad sponge cake pretending to be something more.

The toast next morning was burnt and eggs benedict watery and limp.

When we left the whole car park had been cleared of snow...except around our car...fortunately a really helpful member of staff whose job it wasn't came out with a shovel.

The setting ostensibly suburban Toronto. the experience tired but welcoming comfort ..the staff warm and engaging....but the food a poor facade that a second rate hotel chain would be embarrassed to offer.

• Stayed January 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed here recently one night during a business trip to Mississauga. My room was cozy with a lovely bed. The breakfast in the morning was cooked to order and a nice departure from the normal sterile hotel buffet. Would stay here again if I came through the area and would love to check out the spa.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Glenerin Inn? Share your experiences!