“Fairy Tale Wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Glenerin Inn

Save Saved
You added Glenerin Inn to your Saves list
Glenerin Inn
3.5 of 5 Inn   |   1695 the College Way, Mississauga, Ontario L5L 3S7, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 10 Mississauga B&B and Inns
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Fairy Tale Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were married at the Glenerin Inn March 31, 2012 and I have promised myself since then to write a review to make sure everyone knows what a fantastic choice this was. We found the Glenerin by accident, but the moment we walked in we fell in love and after Maurizio showed us around all the beautiful rooms there was no going back. We originally were looking at the Old Mill, but the Glenerin had something we couldn't get there - we would be the only wedding! We could have the entire space to ourselves without the need to rush out of the way for another party! On top of that the inn was so perfect there was no need for decorations (if you don't believe me, just go and see). We were married in the Evans Room (extraordinary lighting, I really felt like a princess - silly as that sounds you'll have to trust me) and dinner was served in the Credit Valley Room. After dinner we returned to the Evans Room for dancing. I was a little apprehensive about there being multiple rooms at first, but it ended up being perfect! There were places for guests to sit and talk away from the music which allowed us to turn down the lights and focus on the music and "partying" which is harder to do when everything is in one room. All of our guests beyond enjoyed the stay (we booked more than half of the hotel rooms), the service, the food and the layout. Even our DJ and photographer commented on how perfect a location it was. Guests were dancing until 2am and when the music was turned off the party moved into the guest rooms where they were up until the 4 :) The guestrooms are all completely unique and you really feel like you're transported to some magical place. But despite how happy we were with the inn, the rooms, the grounds and the food the one thing we hadn't expected was the absolutely incredible service we received from the staff. Maurizio was beyond amazing. He made sure everything was perfect for us AND also helped us stay on track throughout the night. Whenever we needed him he was there! He was there to let me know when it was time to walk down the aisle and he was there when my husband requested a special drink (not on the menu) for his sister, which Maurizio somehow found :) We were fortunate enough to have no one book the Friday before us so we were able to set-up that night. Amella (I'm sure I spelt that wrong) helped anytime we needed something and made sure everything was taken care of (which helped calm me down which I REALLY needed and cannot be more thankful for). Even when the flowers I had from the cancer society were not opening, Amella told me not to worry and warmed up the room in hopes of coaxing them to open (which they did!). All the bartenders and servers were also fantastic. I had forgotten my cousin was allergic to tomatoes and when they brought out the salad and she explained she couldn't eat it a few minutes later a new salad appeared without tomatoes just for her! Honestly I could go on forever, but to keep it simple if you are looking to have your wedding somewhere unique where you will be treated every moment like its your special day, this is the place. We really felt like all the staff truly cared about us and because of that they made the day all the more perfect. We can't thank them all enough and we will remember them as part of our day forever. Our anniversary is coming up (time flies!) and we're hoping to be able to return to remember the magic of one of the best nights of our lives.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason M, General Manager at Glenerin Inn, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I am so proud to hear that your wedding day was magical. Thank you for your kind comments and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Poole, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

When we walked into the main reception on the snowiest day for years to see a blazing fire and a welcoming smile everything was suddenly better. the snow drifts outside a memory.

The room, somewhat tired but comfortable. we had booked the couples chocolate massage experience. the spa felt crammed in to the basement rooms but the experience itself was amazing and worth ever penny. Friendly and treatment after treatment of chocolate heaven.

And so we looked forward to the included dinner package.

Sadly the food was a real let down.

The special was chicken and bacon on tagliatelle ...which looked exactly that...bAsia and thrown together...and the special"tirimasu " was made of sponge fingers and was a bad sponge cake pretending to be something more.

The toast next morning was burnt and eggs benedict watery and limp.

When we left the whole car park had been cleared of snow...except around our car...fortunately a really helpful member of staff whose job it wasn't came out with a shovel.

The setting ostensibly suburban Toronto. the experience tired but welcoming comfort ..the staff warm and engaging....but the food a poor facade that a second rate hotel chain would be embarrassed to offer.

• Stayed January 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed here recently one night during a business trip to Mississauga. My room was cozy with a lovely bed. The breakfast in the morning was cooked to order and a nice departure from the normal sterile hotel buffet. Would stay here again if I came through the area and would love to check out the spa.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Booked this through Jaunt program, and ended up staying 3 more nights beyond what we originally booked. The first night we stayed in a small standard room, almost the size of a typical guest room if you were staying with relatives. Changed into the luxury suite for the following 5 nights. The place is immaculate. Clean and really comfy.

The service was excellent, no problems with that.We appreciated all the help we received from the entire team. The pictures on their website are true to form, what you see is what you get, nothing to disappoint. We had breakfast with the program, and it was just as good as most restaurants, if not better.

We stayed in the luxury suite in the Carriage house, and it was nice and quiet. The beds seem as though they were brand new, as we looked forward to sleeping in them each night. We stayed in 2 different rooms, and both beds were equally comfy. Room 305 had a nice seating area, and loads of room. Coffee maker and a jet tub.

We chose this place, as it was central to family and even close to downtown if you really wanted to get there. 35mins max.

If you need to be in the Mississauga , Oakville, Brampton or Milton area, this should be the place for you. Free parking and close to all ammenities.

They do have RMT's that are on site, and since we were there, we took advantage of them. Prices were pretty much the same as anywhere else, and this place was really relaxing.

Good jobs guys!

See you probably in April or May.

Room Tip: Room 202 for standard room and 305 for luxury suite.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason M, General Manager at Glenerin Inn, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your great review! It was a pleasure serving you and we look forward to seeing you again in April or May.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Every year, with the best of intentions my friends and family make plans for my birthday. Every year for reasons beyond their control, my special day ends in disappointment. This year I decided to eliminate potential for disappointment and sneak away for a night on my own. I chose to do this at the Glenerin Inn & Spa.

I made the reservation prior to reading any reviews and once I had, and read so many negative ones about rooms and services, I decided to go check it out first (I'm lucky enough to live 10 minutes away).

When I arrived, I was surprised to find the Inn surrounded by condos rather than forestry but once inside none of that mattered. I explained to the GSR that I had a reservation and why I had come by to see the facility first. She was pleasant and showed me everything I asked to see. I did make several specific requests about where I'd like to stay and eat and she happily accommodated. Keeping the 72-hour cancellation policy in mind, I called again three days prior to the reservation to ensure nothing had been changed and much to my delight I learned everything remained as it should be.

I checked in on Saturday and had an incredible massage by Albert who so willingly stayed beyond his scheduled shift to accommodate me. (The spa is barely that - awkward set-up, more like a storage space with everything the hotel didn't knew what to do with crammed in the space...I would caution anybody to book a 'spa getaway' there) I snacked on the wine and generously portioned cheese platter sent to my room by a special somebody. I enjoyed a luxurious sleep (the bed was perfect with the most incredible linens, the bathroom was spacious and had little evidence of the crooked floor as previously described in a review) and woke up to absolute silence.

At 11:30am I met my family in the quaint dining room surrounded by big bright windows and had a great buffet brunch (included the usual 'Sunday brunch' items and a few great additions including shelled oysters and mussels). The server at brunch was very attentive until the end when, consistent with other reviews, I had to go track her down to pay the bill

My only 'complaint' was that the housekeeper used her key to enter my room without knocking and explained she didn't realize the room was occupied. While it was a pleasant exchange, there was no reason for that to have happened. Although it was more of an annoyance than anything else, I did call the front desk and explain the encounter. The GSR was very apologetic spoke with her supervisor and promptly followed up with me again - I greatly appreciated her eagerness to bring resolution to my concern and excellent customer service.

With that all said, it was my best birthday yet and The Glenerin Inn will be my new local escape!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is one of those hidden gems that you'll enjoy re-visiting once youve sampled what it has to offer!
Spa services are also excellent and reasonably priced.
Can't go wrong with this place, always seems to impress me!

• Stayed December 2012
Lyon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Last month stayed here for 3 days with my wife whilst visiting family nearby. Beautiful hotel and we had a large, recently decorated room styled in keeping with the hotel's cosy charm. Lovely furnishings and bed- very comfortable.
Also it was nice to see the fire lit in the lobby.
We did not eat-in apart from breakfast which was high quality and with service to match.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Glenerin Inn? Share your experiences!