We were married at the Glenerin Inn March 31, 2012 and I have promised myself since then to write a review to make sure everyone knows what a fantastic choice this was. We found the Glenerin by accident, but the moment we walked in we fell in love and after Maurizio showed us around all the beautiful rooms there was no going back. We originally were looking at the Old Mill, but the Glenerin had something we couldn't get there - we would be the only wedding! We could have the entire space to ourselves without the need to rush out of the way for another party! On top of that the inn was so perfect there was no need for decorations (if you don't believe me, just go and see). We were married in the Evans Room (extraordinary lighting, I really felt like a princess - silly as that sounds you'll have to trust me) and dinner was served in the Credit Valley Room. After dinner we returned to the Evans Room for dancing. I was a little apprehensive about there being multiple rooms at first, but it ended up being perfect! There were places for guests to sit and talk away from the music which allowed us to turn down the lights and focus on the music and "partying" which is harder to do when everything is in one room. All of our guests beyond enjoyed the stay (we booked more than half of the hotel rooms), the service, the food and the layout. Even our DJ and photographer commented on how perfect a location it was. Guests were dancing until 2am and when the music was turned off the party moved into the guest rooms where they were up until the 4 :) The guestrooms are all completely unique and you really feel like you're transported to some magical place. But despite how happy we were with the inn, the rooms, the grounds and the food the one thing we hadn't expected was the absolutely incredible service we received from the staff. Maurizio was beyond amazing. He made sure everything was perfect for us AND also helped us stay on track throughout the night. Whenever we needed him he was there! He was there to let me know when it was time to walk down the aisle and he was there when my husband requested a special drink (not on the menu) for his sister, which Maurizio somehow found :) We were fortunate enough to have no one book the Friday before us so we were able to set-up that night. Amella (I'm sure I spelt that wrong) helped anytime we needed something and made sure everything was taken care of (which helped calm me down which I REALLY needed and cannot be more thankful for). Even when the flowers I had from the cancer society were not opening, Amella told me not to worry and warmed up the room in hopes of coaxing them to open (which they did!). All the bartenders and servers were also fantastic. I had forgotten my cousin was allergic to tomatoes and when they brought out the salad and she explained she couldn't eat it a few minutes later a new salad appeared without tomatoes just for her! Honestly I could go on forever, but to keep it simple if you are looking to have your wedding somewhere unique where you will be treated every moment like its your special day, this is the place. We really felt like all the staff truly cared about us and because of that they made the day all the more perfect. We can't thank them all enough and we will remember them as part of our day forever. Our anniversary is coming up (time flies!) and we're hoping to be able to return to remember the magic of one of the best nights of our lives.
- Also Known As:
- Glenerin Hotel Mississauga
- Glenerin Hotel
- Glenerin Inn Mississauga, Ontario
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the idyllic Credit River Valley on a lush 2 acre site, the historic Glenerin Inn & Spa provides the backdrop to make any occasion more memorable. We are 35 minutes from downtown Toronto, yet you will feel as if you are a world away. The Glenerin Inn & Spa is ideal for your wedding, corporate meeting, Sunday Brunch or just a weekday or weekend escape. The Glenerin Inn was built in 1927 by Mr. Watson Evans, a lawyer from Toronto. At the time it was used as his summer house. Since then it has had many uses from a English residential girls school during WWII to a recovery home for serious illnesses. It became an Inn in 1986 has become a premiere venue for events since then. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Glenerin Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.