When we walked into the main reception on the snowiest day for years to see a blazing fire and a welcoming smile everything was suddenly better. the snow drifts outside a memory.
The room, somewhat tired but comfortable. we had booked the couples chocolate massage experience. the spa felt crammed in to the basement rooms but the experience itself was amazing and worth ever penny. Friendly and treatment after treatment of chocolate heaven.
And so we looked forward to the included dinner package.
Sadly the food was a real let down.
The special was chicken and bacon on tagliatelle ...which looked exactly that...bAsia and thrown together...and the special"tirimasu " was made of sponge fingers and was a bad sponge cake pretending to be something more.
The toast next morning was burnt and eggs benedict watery and limp.
When we left the whole car park had been cleared of snow...except around our car...fortunately a really helpful member of staff whose job it wasn't came out with a shovel.
The setting ostensibly suburban Toronto. the experience tired but welcoming comfort ..the staff warm and engaging....but the food a poor facade that a second rate hotel chain would be embarrassed to offer.
- Also Known As:
- Glenerin Hotel Mississauga
- Glenerin Hotel
- Glenerin Inn Mississauga, Ontario
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the idyllic Credit River Valley on a lush 2 acre site, the historic Glenerin Inn & Spa provides the backdrop to make any occasion more memorable. We are 35 minutes from downtown Toronto, yet you will feel as if you are a world away. The Glenerin Inn & Spa is ideal for your wedding, corporate meeting, Sunday Brunch or just a weekday or weekend escape. The Glenerin Inn was built in 1927 by Mr. Watson Evans, a lawyer from Toronto. At the time it was used as his summer house. Since then it has had many uses from a English residential girls school during WWII to a recovery home for serious illnesses. It became an Inn in 1986 has become a premiere venue for events since then. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Venere, Tingo and Hotwire so you can book your Glenerin Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.