Every year, with the best of intentions my friends and family make plans for my birthday. Every year for reasons beyond their control, my special day ends in disappointment. This year I decided to eliminate potential for disappointment and sneak away for a night on my own. I chose to do this at the Glenerin Inn & Spa.
I made the reservation prior to reading any reviews and once I had, and read so many negative ones about rooms and services, I decided to go check it out first (I'm lucky enough to live 10 minutes away).
When I arrived, I was surprised to find the Inn surrounded by condos rather than forestry but once inside none of that mattered. I explained to the GSR that I had a reservation and why I had come by to see the facility first. She was pleasant and showed me everything I asked to see. I did make several specific requests about where I'd like to stay and eat and she happily accommodated. Keeping the 72-hour cancellation policy in mind, I called again three days prior to the reservation to ensure nothing had been changed and much to my delight I learned everything remained as it should be.
I checked in on Saturday and had an incredible massage by Albert who so willingly stayed beyond his scheduled shift to accommodate me. (The spa is barely that - awkward set-up, more like a storage space with everything the hotel didn't knew what to do with crammed in the space...I would caution anybody to book a 'spa getaway' there) I snacked on the wine and generously portioned cheese platter sent to my room by a special somebody. I enjoyed a luxurious sleep (the bed was perfect with the most incredible linens, the bathroom was spacious and had little evidence of the crooked floor as previously described in a review) and woke up to absolute silence.
At 11:30am I met my family in the quaint dining room surrounded by big bright windows and had a great buffet brunch (included the usual 'Sunday brunch' items and a few great additions including shelled oysters and mussels). The server at brunch was very attentive until the end when, consistent with other reviews, I had to go track her down to pay the bill
My only 'complaint' was that the housekeeper used her key to enter my room without knocking and explained she didn't realize the room was occupied. While it was a pleasant exchange, there was no reason for that to have happened. Although it was more of an annoyance than anything else, I did call the front desk and explain the encounter. The GSR was very apologetic spoke with her supervisor and promptly followed up with me again - I greatly appreciated her eagerness to bring resolution to my concern and excellent customer service.
With that all said, it was my best birthday yet and The Glenerin Inn will be my new local escape!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the idyllic Credit River Valley on a lush 2 acre site, the historic Glenerin Inn & Spa provides the backdrop to make any occasion more memorable. We are 35 minutes from downtown Toronto, yet you will feel as if you are a world away. The Glenerin Inn & Spa is ideal for your wedding, corporate meeting, Sunday Brunch or just a weekday or weekend escape. The Glenerin Inn was built in 1927 by Mr. Watson Evans, a lawyer from Toronto. At the time it was used as his summer house. Since then it has had many uses from a English residential girls school during WWII to a recovery home for serious illnesses. It became an Inn in 1986 has become a premiere venue for events since then. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Glenerin Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenerin Hotel Mississauga
- Glenerin Inn Mississauga, Ontario