“Short stay on vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Glenerin Inn

Save Saved
You added Glenerin Inn to your Saves list
Glenerin Inn
3.5 of 5 Inn   |   1695 the College Way, Mississauga, Ontario L5L 3S7, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 10 Mississauga B&B and Inns
Lyon
“Short stay on vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Last month stayed here for 3 days with my wife whilst visiting family nearby. Beautiful hotel and we had a large, recently decorated room styled in keeping with the hotel's cosy charm. Lovely furnishings and bed- very comfortable.
Also it was nice to see the fire lit in the lobby.
We did not eat-in apart from breakfast which was high quality and with service to match.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Beautiful, warm and cozy place perfect for catching up with the girls over afternoon tea. The tea sandwiches, desserts and scones were scrumptious - could have had 5 more scones (although glad I didn't). They were the best part of the Afternoon Tea. The room we were in was very intimate and only had one other family in it with a roaring fireplace in the corner. The background music was soothing and not over powering. The only disappointment I would say is that Im used to going to tea rooms where they offer you the actual tea leaves -this place just offers regular tea bags. But this was quickly forgotten once the delightful sandwiches came. The service was good - nothing over the top, but pleasant. We didnt actually stay there, but now since Ive been there for Tea if I need accommdation in that area, I will definitely think about it.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the fireplace - it really adds to the ambiance.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

3 of my girlfriends and I had a very relaxing getaway at the inn, and had a wonderful time! Everyone loved it... Where to start : The rooms were updated and gorgeous! And, as an FYI, we have high expectations. We booked two suites, each having two queen beds. One suite had two separate bedrooms and and two bathrooms - Room 217. Again, both suites well appointed. We loved our beds, and they were great to sleep on. One thing we commented on was the silence in our rooms. We did not hear a thing from the hallways, and the entire inn had a feeling of peace and serenity. Being girls night in, we bought apps and wine. Staff very accommodating and brought us wine glasses, dishes, cuttlery. We had a wonderful breakfast, served by David, in the late morning. David brought us platters of bacon, sausage, toast, and menu was Extensive. Omelettes made to order, unlimited toast, and just basically whatever we wanted was provided. We would have loved to stay longer and enjoy the grounds, and all the quiet cozy corners of the inn, but real life beckoned. We would recommend it, and we will go again! One thing to note, January,Feb, March is their quiet time, so perhaps a good time to go as staff attentive and polite. But I am sure it would be the same any time of year. Thanks for the great night, Glenerin!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kitchener
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I booked New Years Eve at the Glenerin Inn, Mississauga. Room was lovely and bed very comfortable but the food and service was terribly disappointing. Server was incredibly inexperienced, food was cookie cutter boring and the atmosphere non-existant. Our server rushed us through the courses and cleared the table while we tried to enjoy our dessert (I think she had somewhere to be). We were awkwardly seated across from each other at a large table that would seat 6 (there were 2 of us) in an echoing banquet room along with other couples at similar tables. We felt like we were unexpected guests at a bad wedding and not once did a host or manager ask if we were pleased. No decor, no atmosphere, no service...don't expect what you see or read on the brochure. I emailed the general manager with my concerns and all he did was express his disappointment and offer a brunch or dinner for 2 in only Jan...not even an apology which was all i wanted. I politely delclined his offer as this place is not worth a free anything.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason M, General Manager at Glenerin Inn, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Readers,

The experience that is being described here was very atypicaly of the rest of our guests experiences on New Years Eve. I received many accolades from other guests regarding service, ambiance, food quality and room experience. I did respond to this guest in a separate email highlighting my disappointment that they were not pleased with their food and beverage experience and offered them an opportunity to dine with us again to make up for their poor experience on New Years Eve. They declined and subsequently wrote this review. As an Inn we are taking her comments constructively to improve on our future guests experiences. Also, for the record we do not do bad weddings at the Glenerin Inn and Spa.

Respectfully,
Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I booked a night away for my husband and I to reconnect without the distractions of two kids. I have to say I was a bit embarrassed once we arrived, as I had built the Glenerin Inn up to be this beautiful inn with first-class facilities and service (that's what the website portrays).

Unfortunately the inn misses the mark on both accounts. The inn is, quite frankly, tired and needs a whole lot of money dumped into it. The inn is a series of small rooms and we couldn't quite figure out what some of the rooms were used for. The room where we ate dinner was very odd. It had no windows except for a patio door type thing that was covered with curtains. Dark paneled wood covered the walls, but it just looked dingy rather than stately. There was a large fireplace, but there was one tiny little log burning in it, and it looked ridiculous. The whole dinner was a bit bizarre. We were put at a small table in front of the 'fire'. The atmosphere was non-existent. If there hadn't been a couple of other tables full of people in the restaurant it would have been even worse. The wait staff were o.k., but the two ladies serving us always seemed to be a bit 'not there' when talking with us - hard to describe and put a finger on the problem. The food was inconsistent - I had roast duck which was fabulous, but my husband has a steak that had no flavour whatsoever. His soup was bland, my appetizer - a quinoa-stuffed red pepper was actually quite nice. I guess I got the better of the two meals. The main course took over an hour to come out - when my husband went searching for the waitress to ask where our meal was, he couldn't' find her so he went to the front counter. They said they would find out where it was and a minute later the waitress said it would be out in three minutes. Fifteen minutes later she came out to tell us the chef had an accident in the kitchen. I asked if he had been hurt and she said, no...he's just had an accident. Very strange all around...

The room was not what we expected. It was very small and not as high-end as the website portrays. The floor in the bathroom was slanted so when I went to sit on the toilet my balance was off. The toilet roll holder was falling off the wall. The vanity mirror looked like something you would buy in Walmart. The sink had no where to put anything (the sides were slanted so every time I tried to put something like a hairbrush on the side it would fall into the sink). It was very awkward. The shower however was hot and had good pressure. The decor in the room was odd. They were going for the classic antique look, but the side table was an old dated desk with an even older Walmart lamp plopped on top of it. There was a tiny ice bucket, but no glasses in the room. We had to ask for them, and when my husband went to the front desk to ask for them, the woman looked at him like he had two heads. The bedding was nice, but the bed itself was quite small (my husband is 6'4") so there wasn't much room to spare.

When we arrived we asked if there was a bar where we could go for a drink before dinner. There is no bar. The next morning the front counter staff told us we could have brought our own wine downstairs and had a drink in front of the big fireplace in the lobby. Why didn't they tell us this when we asked about the bar? Very strange.

In the morning we had a sit-down breakfast in this odd little room that had a bar in it (I guess the idea of using a bar to serve drinks is foreign to them...). The breakfast was cold and my 'toast' was literally bread that I don't believe saw the inside of a toaster. My poached eggs were pretty bad (and cold). I couldn't eat most of my breakfast - I was turned right off my food. What made it more unfortunate was the fact we were the only people in the room. How could the food be cold??? My husband had salmon and a bagel. Guess what...? He was sicker than a dog later in the day with an upset stomach and diarrhea.

Anyway, given that we only spent one night there, I don't have much more to report. Would I return? Nope. The Glenerin Inn misses the mark with service, room quality and the food. It's unfortunate because I think there is great potential there. By the way, we only chose the Glenerin Inn because of a Travelzoo promotion that included dinner, the room, and breakfast for an incredibly low price. My assumption is companies offer these specials to attract customers who will spread the word. Glenerin Inn - if you are going to do this, you should really make more of an effort to impress.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Norwich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Enjoyed a family get together over sunday brunch. Beautiful location, we had a room with wonderful views of the surrounding ravene. Food selection and quality was great as was the service.
The only draw back was the lack of parking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I had a great evening at the Glenerin Inn & Spa. We were celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary and wanted to do something special while staying close to town. A friend of ours recommended the Glenerin and we were so happy they did.

We stayed in a suite in the Carriage house which looked fantastic. The room was spacious and the decor and furnishings were very modern and inviting. The Inn was testing Apple TV in the Suite and lucky for us we were able to browse through an endless collection of movies and watched one (all complimentary) after our relaxing one hour couples massage at the Spa.

Dinner was superb! We had the beef tenderloin for two, which was a very large portion served on a two- tiered platter with an accompanying anti-pasto spread, veggies and sweet potato mash. It was 5 star! The wine pairing was also excellent.

Overall, this was a great escape close to the city of Toronto. We will definitely go back again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Glenerin Inn? Share your experiences!