I visited with my boyfriend twice this year. The first time we had a great time overall, the place was nice and had a historic feel and we were happy for the local escape. The only downside was that it was at the start of the summer session and we really could have used some air conditioning on this extremely humid day (and night!) and when we informed front desk, they told us that the air conditioning has not been turned on for the season and to open a window. The window, with stale air, did not help much but did wake us in the morning with garden keeping sounds (mowing) etc.
The second time, in hopes of a better experience, we were disappointed. We were given a room in the carriage house, right next to their office. This meant we heard sounds from the office and people coming in and out of it. It felt a little less private. The breakfast, though a lot better than our first stay, was held in the other room due to a private event. It would have been helpful to have been informed of this when we checked in as we walked right into it sleepy eyed and half dressed (embarassing) while the wedding crowd refused to move to let us pass by.
When asking about the nearby marsh (as advertised), the receptionist said she did not know about this and could not get us there. When we first checked into the room, we also found hair in the bathtub; the bathtub was not cleaned. Reception offered to send someone right away, but the housekeeping seemed less than impressed to be sent to our room. She started the conversation with "I hear you complained about the bathroom" when we showed her the hair she wiped the area.
Overall, I was not impressed with this inn nor the service that typically is associated with one-of-a-kind inns. There are other places that will make your short stay not only memorable but one to rave about.
- Also Known As:
- Glenerin Hotel
- Glenerin Hotel Mississauga
- Glenerin Inn Mississauga, Ontario
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the idyllic Credit River Valley on a lush 2 acre site, the historic Glenerin Inn & Spa provides the backdrop to make any occasion more memorable. We are 35 minutes from downtown Toronto, yet you will feel as if you are a world away. The Glenerin Inn & Spa is ideal for your wedding, corporate meeting, Sunday Brunch or just a weekday or weekend escape. The Glenerin Inn was built in 1927 by Mr. Watson Evans, a lawyer from Toronto. At the time it was used as his summer house. Since then it has had many uses from a English residential girls school during WWII to a recovery home for serious illnesses. It became an Inn in 1986 has become a premiere venue for events since then. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Glenerin Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.