“What an amazing hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre

Save Saved
You added TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5050 Orbitor Dr, Mississauga, Ontario L4W4X2, Canada (Formerly Sandalwood Hotel And Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 58 hotels in Mississauga
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“What an amazing hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed here for one night while attending a big brother show. We had a room with 2 beds and a pullout couch. Our room came with a stove, a fridge, a dishwasher, a full sized coffee pot, a kitchen sink, and a nice work area for business trips. It was like home away from home. The bathrooms were nothing special, a toilet, a sink, and the water pressure was not the best in the shower. The hotel is very trendy, clean, and the room was very reasonably priced with the "advance purchase" online. No detail was spared. The cleaning ladies would smile and say hello even if you weren't heading down the hallway they were in. The front desk staff is very knowledgeable about the area and are very polite. The complementarity breakfast ran from 6am to 9am and consisted of muffins, cereals, coffee, yogurt, eggs, sausage patties, fruits, etc... The beds are very comfortable and your head melts into the pillow. The couch is kind of hard and uncomfortable. Even with the air traffic from the airport nearby, I found the noise level to be very low. They had a pool and fitness area that we did not get a chance to experience due to lack of time. This hotel is about a 15 minute drive to a few good restaurants and a shopping center. The only thing I would recommend is stopping at local store for some snacks. It cost $6 for a snack size bag of chips and a drink, a big ripoff. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Pay the upfront cost of the hotel if you know your stay will not be cancelled. The price is better...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dan M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for this review. We think its an "amazing" hotel as well. Nice to see that our associates are taking the time to say hello to guests in the hallways and any area of the hotel. The customer service we provide is something we take great pride in and we will continue to focus on that. Our design team will be happy with the "trendy" comment you made, I will pass it on to them. Thanks again for the review and we hope you visit us again soon.

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed for 1 Saturday night on 10000 points (retail rate ~$90 + tax). Parking lot was very full
Room is 171 - Large Studio
I'm Marriott Silver. Asked for 2pm late checkout and was told OK

The Good
- Room is huge, with courtyard view, kitchen (fridge, all utensils), everything is NEW
- Got 2 free water bottles (drank them all) with a greeting card, nice touch
- Free internet, parking, breakfast
- Breakfast is basic (hot eggs, sausage, oatmeal, apple, yogurt, milk, bagel/toast, ...) but does the job well
- I like the interior decoration and lobby, more than Courtyard down the street
- TownePlace is the cheapest of all Marriott nearby too (Courtyard, Residence Inn), with airport shuttle if needed

The very minor bad
- Room 171 is right beside hotel laundry room, so we heard loud washing machine sounds (spinning up, and down, and up, and down, etc..) at least until 6 pm. Nothing during the night though
- It only has shower, no tub or shower-tub.
- Even worse, it only has Shower faucet, and no tub faucet. So prepare to get soaked in cold water every time you turn on water, unless you can jump out/hide quickly.
My daughter sure got shocked when she played with the shower dial. I hope Accessible-friendly rooms aren't like this

Room Tip: Ask for courtyard room for better/quieter view Check-in first at front lobby, and park near the clo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We have been receiving excellent feedback on our rooms and the design since we opened. We have rooms where we just have the showers and not the typical tub and shower. Many of our clients have been impressed with them and have let us know that they prefer them. Glad you enjoyed the welcome note and bottles of water. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with our family for a hockey tournament in March 2013. We were very impressed with the spaciousness of the room, the layout of the hotel, and the general cleanliness of the hotel. The layout was perfect for team dinners and gatherings at night, because the gathering room was set off from the main concourse where we didn't bother other hotel guests. Also, they had a large screen t.v. on the wall, large island bar (to hold food and beverages), and numerous tables, chairs and couches. The carpets in the hallways were new, so they didn't smell musty (a big pet peeve of mine). The front desk staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Truly the best hotel we have ever stayed at for a hockey tournament. We are planning to go back for a tournament in May. As well, friends have booked it for a summer excursion to Toronto with their family. Last, the price was excellent for the value we received (suite with full kitchen, free breakfast, etc.).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dan M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you so much for this review. We are happy to hear you liked the spacious two bedroom units. They are very nice for a family and the living space is laid out very well. The cleanliness of our property is a very important focus for us and we have been happy with the comments thus far. Our lounge area is a perfect gathering area between games for the parents to relax and watch some sports on our big screen TV. We look forward to seeing you in May.
Dan McIlhone,CHA
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Booked the hotel based on Tripadvisor ratings for a group of 6 people, all in separate rooms. At first I was little disheartened by the exterior appearance on a gray, drab day. It likely was an apartment block at one time. Entering the lobby, though, you quickly see that the interior has been thoroughly renovated. The front desk staff (Dan, if I recall) was able to recommend restaurants and shopping in the area for our group. They were quick to assist with our Marriot rewards memberships, setting up accounts quickly for one of the guys.

The rooms are spacious, clean and modern. The windows open to let some fresh air in if desired. Restroom is well equipped, if a bit skimpy on the provided toiletries. I did not use the kitchenette, but those from my group that did appreciated a fridge that could hold a 2L of Coke.

The selling features of this hotel are the attentive staff and whisper quiet rooms. It's an older building; the walls are not paper thin, the doors are heavy and gasketed properly. I did not hear one door close from the hallway, nor any footsteps. Exterior noise was not a concern.

The included breakfast offering was of higher quality than HIE. Little egg/bagel sandwiches were served, and the fruit was actually delicious. The coffee and tea was running 24/7 in the lobby, and a nice little business center was provided to use the net.

My only recommendations would be to have an optional newspaper delivered to your room. Thanks to the great staff, even I am did not remember the names properly. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on business in the western GTA.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dan M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
What a great detailed review. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this awesome feedback. From the attentive staff, spacious rooms, quality of breakfast, room cleanliness and the 24 hour On Us coffee service you really described our property well. We take pride in providing top notch service and it sounds like you received it during your stay. The point you make about optional newspapers is a very valid and we will look at what we can do to improve on that. We can't wait to read your review at our meeting tomorrow morning and celebrate your comments. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel was convenient to airport offering a shuttle service. We left car here for 2 weeks so that was great. It was in with the price of the hotel which was very reasonable. The room was brand new and clean and very very modern. It has its own kitchen area which was nice but we were there for one night only. Bed was luxurious and comfortable. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant at this hotel only snacks
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your review. It sounds like you took advantage of our airport package for your two week trip. It really is tremendous value, especially since you get to stay in our newly renovated property. The bed package has been tremendous for us and we are continuing to receive excellent feedback on them. We hope to see you soon.
Dan McIlhone,CHA
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Over the course of the past 8 months, I have stayed at the TownePlace Suites Mississauga Corporate Centre on business over 20 different times. The hotel is newly renovated and extremely clean. The beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept on in a hotel. The hotel recently purchased it's own shuttle to increase convenience for its customers and the staff are willing to drive you to the mall, dinner, or the airport at anytime and pick you up. The staff at the hotel are truly an incredible team. It is apparent from the first time that you walk into the TownePlace that you are a truly valued customer. The WIFI in all areas is excellent and I cannot recall ever having issues with it. Any needs in the room are met within minutes of a phone call to guest services. The rooms are very spacious, yet give the feel of home.
The breakfast in the morning is excellent. Staff is excellent at providing options and even driving you to dinner!
I would not stay anywhere else in the Toronto area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dan M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
What a great review Kyle. As much as you loved staying here, we looked forward to your visits and the team visiting as well. Nice to hear that this felt like a home away from home! The nature of the TPS brand is that we want our guests to settle in and have a routine. It looks like the hotel was able to accomplish that for you. Thank you for mentioning our new shuttle. We have received many excellent reviews on it and we look for continued success. I have to point out to our future guests that are reading your review that the picture in your profile is of you and our extremely talented Director of Sales Vijay Pahuja. I know that Vijay looked forward to seeing you and we look forward to continuing the relationship with you and the Soo Greyhounds nest season.
Thank you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I will recommend Towneplace Suites to co-workers and friends, thanks mostly to Megan Knight's responsive action and exceptional customer service.

This hotel is fairly new, it looks really nice, the rooms are spacious. My co-workers were impressed and wondered how we got such nice suites for such a decent room rate. I was having trouble finding a suite with a kitchenette that would be within my employer's approved rates.

We were there on a Wednesday evening and were pleased to experience the Managers hosting a hospitality hour. I have been to other hotels that offer something similar but this one was a little different - the hotel managers were present and they seemed to be the servers. I think this is an excellent idea.

I read some of the reviews about odd locations for tv and robe hooks, but I could understand the logic behind those things once in the room. It works. The tv swivels so you can watch in the bed or at the sofa and there is a towel shelf on the wall near the tub. I have seen very similar setups in other suites like this. The bonus - a clean robe is provided during your stay.

There were many positives to this hotel, comfy bed, fridge with freezer, stovetop, dishwasher, and kitchen sink. The room passed the clean test except for a few issues. Megan took care of it. This is the most reactive and responsive place I have stayed at in a long time. She gave me hope. I was starting to think that Marriott hotels were not for me. I wish the management at the Residence Inn I stayed at last month cared even half as much as she did.

These were the negatives (really only listing these so that management has examples of areas they could improve if they are looking to get all 5's from me):
Found a couple of areas hadn't been wiped down.
There was a throw pillow on the bed - I don't think the bed is clean if a throw pillow that has been thrown on the floor is touching it. (I believe this is a Marriott thing to use throw pillows and those little throw blankets at the foot of the bed. I suggest doing away with those they are gross unless they're changed out after each stay.)

The blanket in between the two sheets appeared dingey, stained and dirty to me, and again seems to be a Marriott thing, not sure that blanket gets changed out after each stay, it sure doesn't seem like it. (I have yet to see a housekeeping cart piled high with clean blankets and throw pillows)

I was actually impressed with Megan's attentiveness because I was trying not to complain and yet she really wanted to hear about my stay. My last experience I spoke up and things didn't improve, I took photos and wrote an email to the manager of the hotel and she was far less attentive nor quick to respond in my opinion. Megan and the manager who took the time to give us tips and directions on places to go eat got you a 5 on service.

Megan, thanks for your help/quick response even after my stay. Keep up the great work - it is the little things that add up and make a person like me come back and tell others this hotel is worth it.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for this very detailed and informative review. I need to tell you that I read it to all of our associates in a daily meeting and Megan was also in attendance. When you I read about Megan's exceptional service the team gave her a round of applause. We are very lucky to have her lead our Guest Service team! It was great to see her recognized for her efforts in ensuring that your stay was of a high standard. You really did a great job outlining what makes our hotel an easy choice in the area. I am glad Megan was the first point of contact for you and she easily handled any and all questions. The robes are nice in the rooms too! We love seeing our customers getting good use of them. Thank you for taking the time to give us this excellent feedback, it truly helps us fine tune our offerings to the guest.
We look forward to seeing you and serving you again soon.
Dan McIlhone, CHA

Been to TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre? Share your experiences!