I will recommend Towneplace Suites to co-workers and friends, thanks mostly to Megan Knight's responsive action and exceptional customer service.
This hotel is fairly new, it looks really nice, the rooms are spacious. My co-workers were impressed and wondered how we got such nice suites for such a decent room rate. I was having trouble finding a suite with a kitchenette that would be within my employer's approved rates.
We were there on a Wednesday evening and were pleased to experience the Managers hosting a hospitality hour. I have been to other hotels that offer something similar but this one was a little different - the hotel managers were present and they seemed to be the servers. I think this is an excellent idea.
I read some of the reviews about odd locations for tv and robe hooks, but I could understand the logic behind those things once in the room. It works. The tv swivels so you can watch in the bed or at the sofa and there is a towel shelf on the wall near the tub. I have seen very similar setups in other suites like this. The bonus - a clean robe is provided during your stay.
There were many positives to this hotel, comfy bed, fridge with freezer, stovetop, dishwasher, and kitchen sink. The room passed the clean test except for a few issues. Megan took care of it. This is the most reactive and responsive place I have stayed at in a long time. She gave me hope. I was starting to think that Marriott hotels were not for me. I wish the management at the Residence Inn I stayed at last month cared even half as much as she did.
These were the negatives (really only listing these so that management has examples of areas they could improve if they are looking to get all 5's from me):
Found a couple of areas hadn't been wiped down.
There was a throw pillow on the bed - I don't think the bed is clean if a throw pillow that has been thrown on the floor is touching it. (I believe this is a Marriott thing to use throw pillows and those little throw blankets at the foot of the bed. I suggest doing away with those they are gross unless they're changed out after each stay.)
The blanket in between the two sheets appeared dingey, stained and dirty to me, and again seems to be a Marriott thing, not sure that blanket gets changed out after each stay, it sure doesn't seem like it. (I have yet to see a housekeeping cart piled high with clean blankets and throw pillows)
I was actually impressed with Megan's attentiveness because I was trying not to complain and yet she really wanted to hear about my stay. My last experience I spoke up and things didn't improve, I took photos and wrote an email to the manager of the hotel and she was far less attentive nor quick to respond in my opinion. Megan and the manager who took the time to give us tips and directions on places to go eat got you a 5 on service.
Megan, thanks for your help/quick response even after my stay. Keep up the great work - it is the little things that add up and make a person like me come back and tell others this hotel is worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marriott's newest all-suites hotel south of Toronto Airport offering complimentary breakfast, Wi-Fi, parking and airport shuttle from 4am-10pm. Hotel offers private courtyard, natural gas barbeque patio, indoor pool and 24 hrs fitness centre. Welcome to Real Living! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandalwood Hotel And Mississauga
- Sandalwood Hotel Mississauga
- Sandalwood Suite
- TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre Ontario