“Needed a kitchenette and very glad I found TownePlace Suites - great rates for a suite in this area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre

You added TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5050 Orbitor Dr, Mississauga, Ontario L4W4X2, Canada (Formerly Sandalwood Hotel And Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Business Package
Ranked #11 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
GreenLeadersBronze level
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I will recommend Towneplace Suites to co-workers and friends, thanks mostly to Megan Knight's responsive action and exceptional customer service.

This hotel is fairly new, it looks really nice, the rooms are spacious. My co-workers were impressed and wondered how we got such nice suites for such a decent room rate. I was having trouble finding a suite with a kitchenette that would be within my employer's approved rates.

We were there on a Wednesday evening and were pleased to experience the Managers hosting a hospitality hour. I have been to other hotels that offer something similar but this one was a little different - the hotel managers were present and they seemed to be the servers. I think this is an excellent idea.

I read some of the reviews about odd locations for tv and robe hooks, but I could understand the logic behind those things once in the room. It works. The tv swivels so you can watch in the bed or at the sofa and there is a towel shelf on the wall near the tub. I have seen very similar setups in other suites like this. The bonus - a clean robe is provided during your stay.

There were many positives to this hotel, comfy bed, fridge with freezer, stovetop, dishwasher, and kitchen sink. The room passed the clean test except for a few issues. Megan took care of it. This is the most reactive and responsive place I have stayed at in a long time. She gave me hope. I was starting to think that Marriott hotels were not for me. I wish the management at the Residence Inn I stayed at last month cared even half as much as she did.

These were the negatives (really only listing these so that management has examples of areas they could improve if they are looking to get all 5's from me):
Found a couple of areas hadn't been wiped down.
There was a throw pillow on the bed - I don't think the bed is clean if a throw pillow that has been thrown on the floor is touching it. (I believe this is a Marriott thing to use throw pillows and those little throw blankets at the foot of the bed. I suggest doing away with those they are gross unless they're changed out after each stay.)

The blanket in between the two sheets appeared dingey, stained and dirty to me, and again seems to be a Marriott thing, not sure that blanket gets changed out after each stay, it sure doesn't seem like it. (I have yet to see a housekeeping cart piled high with clean blankets and throw pillows)

I was actually impressed with Megan's attentiveness because I was trying not to complain and yet she really wanted to hear about my stay. My last experience I spoke up and things didn't improve, I took photos and wrote an email to the manager of the hotel and she was far less attentive nor quick to respond in my opinion. Megan and the manager who took the time to give us tips and directions on places to go eat got you a 5 on service.

Megan, thanks for your help/quick response even after my stay. Keep up the great work - it is the little things that add up and make a person like me come back and tell others this hotel is worth it.

• Stayed April 2013
Dan M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for this very detailed and informative review. I need to tell you that I read it to all of our associates in a daily meeting and Megan was also in attendance. When you I read about Megan's exceptional service the team gave her a round of applause. We are very lucky to have her lead our Guest Service team! It was great to see her recognized for her efforts in ensuring that your stay was of a high standard. You really did a great job outlining what makes our hotel an easy choice in the area. I am glad Megan was the first point of contact for you and she easily handled any and all questions. The robes are nice in the rooms too! We love seeing our customers getting good use of them. Thank you for taking the time to give us this excellent feedback, it truly helps us fine tune our offerings to the guest.
We look forward to seeing you and serving you again soon.
Dan McIlhone, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend. It is an excellent choice for a well-priced, clean, and comfortable stay. The staff is welcoming and helpful, and the rooms (we stayed in a larger studio on the first floor) nicely appointed. Free parking and free in-room Wi-Fi are here. You won't find that in the downtown hotels.

The included breakfast is good, not great, but good. Eggs or French Toast are included, along with fresh fruit, juice, coffee, and the usual assortment of breads, muffins, cereals, etc.

Up the street, two large blocks away, is the Hare and Firkin Pub, a fun place for casual dinner and drinks.

If in Mississauga for pleasure or business, you'll be pleased with the homey comforts of this hotel.

Room Tip: The first floor larger suites, priced equally with the standard suites, are very nice.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review of our beautiful property. You touched on the cleanliness and the associates making you feel welcome. These are two of our daily focus points and I am glad that they are paying off in terms of meeting your expectations. The breakfast is something that we continue to work and have recently been hearing very favorable comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
North Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on March 21, 2013, when I was in town to attend a taping of Big Brother Canada :) The nightly rate was great and because it was so great I didn't really expect much from the rooms - but I was wrong! The rooms are very spacious with a nice bathroom (great hairdryer btw), awesome kitchen area- fridge, microwave, dishwasher---everything you need, fantastic bed, very comfortable -- I even loved the ihome alarm clock!!! Lots of free parking space available, great staff---I could go on and on, but you get the point- this place is a great choice. Only problem is that there are not a lot of restaurants nearby- so transportation would be desirable to have (there are buses), but not necessary -- we ordered take-out and it was delivered quickly.
I would 100% recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dan M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
What an excellent description of your visit. Thanks for posting! You really hit on all the key areas of our hotel. Great room layouts, nice kitchen, fantastic bed, very comfortable and great staff. We couldn't agree more! Please visit us again soon and thanks for the 100% recommendation.
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Excellent hotel and nice location. Staff is also very nice and co-operative.I came here for a short business trip and later it became a 3 months trip. My stay in the hotel was very pleasant. My wife also joined me here after some time and we had some good and romantic time here.Location of hotel is also good as its near to my office and walking distance from the bus stops. I would like to come back here again if I will get a change to visit Canada.

Room Tip: Corner suites have nice view, large and sunny.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thanks for the great review on your extended stay visit. We loved having you with us for 3 months and nice to see you found some time for relaxation with your wife. We are very close to many company's in the corporate park so our location is perfect. We can't wait for your next trip to Canada.
Thorndale, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The Elgin Middlesex Minor Midgets Hockey team stayed at this hotel twice throughout this 2012-13 hockey season and on both occasions has experienced 100% satisfaction. What a fantastic place to stay for what our team required. The two bedroom suites were perfect for the players to rest and sleep, there is a great sitting area and each room is equipped with a full kitchen to prepare meals. The lounge area was great for our team/parent to get together to just relax and play cards:) ... felt like home! The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. I would recommend this Hotel to any team looking for a place to stay.
Penny Brookshaw

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review. We certainly enjoyed hosting the Chiefs as well! I attended the quarter final game and watched as you lost 1-0. It was a shame that 2 of the best teams had to meet so early in the OHL Cup. We have to tell you that you have a great group of parents and kids, the associates loved the interaction with the group. It was nice to see the parents relaxing and enjoying the lounge.
Thanks again and good luck to all the players on April 6th in the OHL Priority Selection draft.
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This hotel is located right in the midst of the airport and business districts on the west end of Toronto/Mississauga. Friendly check-in service, great room with a full-sized fridge, microwave and stove-top. Large desk to work at across the room from the bed so it's easy to get some work done while someone else is trying to rest - if desired. The bed was very comfortable as well.

The hotel is fairly spread out with numerous exterior entry/exit doors so it's easy to park near one of those and access your room that way. There is an additional elevator on the back-side of the property to make that easier as well. Suggest check-in without your luggage first and then park at the door closest to your room.

Complimentary breakfast consists of hot and cold food. The food serving area is separated from the seating area to help minimize congestion.

Overall a great stay and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. It really is a great description of the property and points out many of the excellent features. We are hearing great comments about the functionality of our rooms, spacious and set up for both work and some rest. You are quite right about the many secure entrances to the hotel and the fact that its very easy to check in first, then park close to your room. We feel this is an excellent feature for very quick in and out access. We love our beds too! They are so comfortable that we have had guests want to purchase them!
Thanks again.
Southern Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've stayed here a few times, always on a Saturday night. It has been very reasonably priced, great modern rooms and a good kitchen. The gym equipment was very up to date. It's not close to much so you need a car. It's a bit of a drive to things but it is close to many major highways. Breakfast and wifi was included. Another thing I liked was that it is not a high rise. The elevator is great but you only need it when hauling your luggage, otherwise the stairs are fine. No complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you for this review. We are glad to hear that you enjoy weekend visits and find our rooms sufficient for your stay. We do have many restaurants in the area, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Italian and many pubs and bars to take in a sporting event. We know that an important part in starting the day is a good workout and during the renovation we made sure we had the most up to date equipment. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Dan McIlhone,CHA

Been to TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre? Share your experiences!