“Disappointment in the rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2501 Argentia Rd, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 4G8, Canada (Formerly Radisson Hotel Toronto - Mississauga)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #31 of 58 hotels in Mississauga
Vancouver, Canada
“Disappointment in the rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed 2 nights at the Sheraton to attend a series of all day business presentation. The meetings took place at the hotel, so there was no options for my choice where to stay.

The hotel appears to fairly recently renovated, but still has many of the older 70's style hotel attributes. While the overall look of the hotel and rooms appears good, as I got into the details I was quite disappointed.

Check in was efficient and the staff were reasonably friendly throughout my stay. I did not eat in the restaurant on site, but the meetings were catered by the hotel and the food seemed reasonably good.

My main issues revolved around my room. It's slightly smaller than average, and a contradiction in many things. It did have a modern flat screen tv, and a nice large work desk area with outlets, and free wifi.

There was a horrible couch by the window, which looked like 3 pieces of plywood stuck together with a thin mattress on top. It was stained, smelly, very uncomfortable, and the position made it very hard to use, and impossible to watch tv from. it really looked like a cheap after thought.

The bathroom was cramped particularly at the toilet where you could not sit without touching the shower stall. the lighting was very dim, 2 tiny mirror lights, and a small overhead light. It took an average of 4 minutes to get hot water each time I tried.

The beds where ok, but were essentially roll away beds on wheels. The would move if you got into them at the wrong angle.

The heating/cooling is the old style external mount unit, and would blow in your face if you slept in the bed closest to it. The temperature control had a hard time staying consistent. it either stayed on all the time, or never came on.

Overall, the room quality was much less than I would give it based on initial look. As there are a number of options in the area with much newer hotel, I can't really recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Denzil M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a response. We have changed the couch in all our rooms. Lights have been changed to energy efficient with a higher lumen value. I hope you would try us again on your next visit and experience the changes.

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

This was a last minute Valentine's Day getaway - I know, super romantic. However, we were pleasantly surprised! For the rate, it was an exceptional value. We had room 225 and the room was well appointed, modern and most importantly, clean. The room had a nice queen sized bed, a mini fridge, a microwave and a day bed/couch. The linens were all clean, and I did not feel totally disgusting walking around barefoot. A word of warming, for those who like firm beds I found the bed to be too soft.

This is the second Four Points I have been to (one in Niagara) and I have to say, that for the Four Points you can always count on free wifi, free water, cleanliness, adequate staff and a comfortable stay. Nothing out of the ordinary but for the price, it's great!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks you. At Four Points we ensure we meet our guest's expectations and add value such as free wi-fi, parking, mini fridge and microwave.
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I was in town in a business trip, and this hotel was chosen by our corporation. I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It's clean, quiet, close to restaurants, grocery stores, etc. The room was modern and very clean. Room has a mini fridge and a microwave. The staff was great, particularly Dan (at Reception) who is an example of customer service. The rate includes free WiFi, free bottle of water, free parking. The Business Centre is very handy. Didn't try the restaurant, but looked decent. If in the area again, I won't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments. I have personally passed your comments to Dan at our front desk. Our hotel does have advantages as we include ammenities such as wi-fi, parking, mini fridge, microwave in our rate. This makes it easier for our guests as there are no hidden costs.
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

The Four Points Sheraton in Meadowvale is a quasi renovated hotel.
I would rate the hotel as a 3 start establishment.
Some rooms are very clean others need some TLC.
Showers do not all work very well so check your room before actually 'moving in'!
Breakfast is good and rates are reasonable but not lowest in the area.

Room Tip: Check that shower works and heat / air can be adjusted.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We have addressed the shower issue and all the rooms have now been renovated. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I was in town for a one night business trip. I chose this hotel because the rates were much better than other local hotels. I was pleasantly surprised from the moment I entered the lobby. The lobby is very modern with nice designer touches. The room was really modern and very clean. The staff was great and very efficient during check in. My rate included free wifi, free bottle of water and in my case, breakfast. That is much more than I get at other nearby national chains. Way to go Four Points! I will definitely be back. I also ate in the restaurant and it was wonderful!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a response. I have shared your comments with all our associates.
Saint Thomas, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have driven by this property hundreds of times and never thought I would stay there. This past weekend I decided to give it a try because I did not want to stay in downtown Toronto and it was conveniently on the way cutting much driving time off of my trip.

It is now my new goto hotel for day trips to Toronto. Price was so much lower than being downtown, free parking, a saltwater pool that my daughter enjoyed and according to my girlfriend, the best buttered chicken ever. I was not there for supper so did not get to sample it, but next time.

All staff were friendly and made you feel welcome.

Room itself was typical size. Not too big, not too small. I was comfortable in it with two young kids and the girlfriend. Refrigerator and microwave already in the room. Free bottle water.

The extra 30-40 minutes it took me to get to my destination the next day was easily offset by the convenience of getting to and from this property on the highway.

Fairly quiet sleep, heard a few planes pass over now and then, but not overly disturbing.

Well done Four Points.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your honest review. We are an option if you want to visit downtown Toronto as you do save on the room rate and parking.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Pro's:
- room was clean enough to walk barefooted (they actually used one of those "schtiky" rollers to pick up hair and what not)
- one day (out of the 5) the room was made amazing, absolutely gorgeous, other days is was made OK
- staff is very friendly
- decent room furniture and décor
- decent amenities - small business center, hot tub, pool, exercise room

Con's:
- lack of attention to detail (chipped elevator plaques, some random maintenance issues visible here and there, etc.)
- room was not soundproof enough, you can easily hear the people next door and walking down the corridor
- service, albeit very friendly, could have been faster

Thank You.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale? Share your experiences!