“Standard Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale

You added Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2501 Argentia Rd, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 4G8, Canada (Formerly Radisson Hotel Toronto - Mississauga)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #32 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Milton, Vermont
“Standard Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This location tends to draw the business crowd as it's located in a business district and close to many large companies. Pretty decent place, comfortable stay, and good location. Hotel amenities are the usual and good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Denzil M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hi Skydog,

Thanks for your comments. You are right, we are located in the business area and we do very well with business travellers. However, we are not too far from downtown Toronto and we offer attractive competitive prices on weekends.

Denzil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Shanghai China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I'm not complaining for the sake of complaining because I didn't get fluffy pillows or whatever. This place, that night, was awful.. the noise from a party on my floor and the lack of response or compensation by the hotel.... just upset me...and it makes all the other little things just as annoying.. so here you go.

One it was completely sold out.. but it was 175 a night with a corporate rate! Nonsense. There was an ongoing party of noise and screaming and floor stomping. I called the desk....they called the room, but nothing changed. They could not move me to another room but also didn't do anything to compensate this nonsense.. That's just bad business. I almost feel you have to scream and yell yourself to get compensated for the noise.. and first thing in the morning.. I don't want to bother getting upset when the check out guy says " well sorry, there's nothing I can do" BS

I had just stayed in the delta next door 1 week earlier. It was much better in terms of room quality and 150 a night (corporate rate). The room was dated.. bed sheets not big white and fluffy (like the Delta was). No decent drinking glasses or coffee mugs. Not that I saw. Just plastic cups that if you squeeze even a little the water comes out.. what a joke.. for 175 a night!

The bartender was over worked and understaffed.. so getting her visual attention was hard...but she drove me crazy calling everybody honey.. "Heres your dinner Honey.. wanna'nother beer honey " Don't call me Honey.. just serve the food and drinks "Honey"

two good things.. food was great! and Internet was fast

Room Tip: Many restaurants and a Tim Horton's (Breakfast) very close off of Mississauga rd.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hi Shanghai Canuck,

I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered on your last stay with us. I will address your concerns with our front office team and if required, enhance our problem resolution procedures.

Please let me know when you will be in the area next and I would welcome the opportunity to show you our committment to service delivery.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will try us again.

Denzil Miranda
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

This is just a very basic, nothing exciting hotel. It was clean, the restaurant had a friendly staff and the food was decent, reasonably quiet. Location is not conducive to getting out and about without a car.

Stayed April 2013
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is another one of those instances where I am unclear how the "circles" work. Is this establishment anything more than a "3 Star" property? No. How would I rate our experience? 4 stars easy...perhaps even 4.5.

This was my second stay at the property, with the first stay being probably over a year ago under the same circumstances...in Toronto for the weekend to visit my son. Then I remember thinking that the property was a wee bit worn, with just a tiny bit more flash (newly renovated lobby) then substance. Still - to put things in perspective, when "Hotwire" revealed that this was the property we would be staying at, I didn't have any regrets or disappointments, especially at the Hotwire price. I didn't think anything was wrong with the place...I would just say it wasn't exceptional or memorable in anyway...save for a wee bit of snark from one of the front desk staff.

Well, on this occasion I was VERY pleased. The renovations are now complete and the rooms are quite nice. Very chic and modern, from the fixtures and furniture to the flat screen TV. For the price (which you might not get - it was a Hotwire deal) it was an EXCEPTIONAL value...have stayed at far, far inferior places for the same money or more.

Now don't get me wrong - this is not a Four Seasons at Four Point prices. If you stay in hotels frequently and in particular at more upscale properties, you will notices the little things here and there that say both "older property" and "not exactly 5 star". But if you go in with Sheraton Four Points expectations, you will be pleased.

My son (he is ten) described it as a "Toyota on the outside, but a Lexus on the inside". Well, I wouldn't say it was quite a Lexus, but in general that description is indeed spot on. Would absolutely be pleased to stay here again, even at a 50% higher rate (yes, the deal i got on Hotwire was that good...)

Note: One of the reasons why pricing on Hotwire might be so great is because the hotel is not close to ANYTHING besides corporate office parks...so I could see how on weekends they are really hurting for business. That said, if you have a rental car you can get to the action within 30 to 40 minutes, and maybe save as much as 2/3 on your hotel bill...so tourist should even give this place some consideration.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Denzil M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you and a big thank you to your son for expressing the value at this hotel in precise and clear terms. Will love to have you back at our hotel on your next visit.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were only passing through, but found this to be very acceptable. We used the pool. It was cold, but the kids enjoyed it. The room was spacious. Had a microwave, mini-fridge and in-room coffee. And free wi-fi, which I believe every place should offer. We got a deal on Priceline with their Express Deals. I would stay here again if I needed to.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you.
Walnut Creek, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is a really nice option for the Mississauga area. It is clean and has modern furnishings. The room is a pretty good size and the bed is comfortable. I arrived late (after 1am) and was checked in promptly and courteously. There are some eateries, including a Starbucks, about a mile away. Always a plus to have quick access to my coffee stop and an alternate choice for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. The rooms are large with comfortable beds, clean sheets, and a large bathroom. The hotel Wifi is easy to connect to and stays pretty responsive. Other than that I really didn't get to experience much of the rest of the hotel. It is very modern, and has a clean look to the lobby.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you. I hope you get to experience our services on your next trip.