“Three Minus- Not Impressed by any means” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2501 Argentia Rd, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 4G8, Canada (Formerly Radisson Hotel Toronto - Mississauga)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #30 of 58 Hotels in Mississauga
Kirkland Lake, Canada
“Three Minus- Not Impressed by any means”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Husband and I had business meetings, company assigned us to this Hotel, we were here for 3-night stay and were not impressed for the price of $190.00 a night. We checked in, entered the room and noticed the sofa had a huge round stain in the middle of the cushion, it physically looked like somebody had diarreha all over it, we called the front desk to have it changed but housekeeping couldn't find another one. The manager showed us another room directly in front of this room, it smelled like somebody had done a nasty in the bathroom prior to our arrival in the room, awful smell (the first room was very pleasant smelling) We refused this room and told housekeeping to take the cushion and have it cleaned, a clean one was put in our room the following morning-much nicer. We asked the manager why there was only one bottle of water in the room as they advertise that they supply bottled water to all rooms, we were told only specific category rooms get 2 bottles but due to the couch cushion she had a few more bottles sent to our room and also went out of her way to give us breakfast voucher for the next morning on the house. I went to breakfast at 9:38 (breakfast buffet closes at 9:00 a.m.) I ordered the Sheraton Breakfast-basic bacon-eggs and homefries, my eggs were cooked over hard and were crusty instead of medium, the fruit they garnished my plate with had rotton spots all over them, the homefries were the left-overs from the buffet and were disgusting! There were only 3 people in the restaurant, I had to ask my server for ketchup, then flag her down again for jam, then flag her down again to have a coffee refill, not good service in any way shape or form from the kitchen to the serving staff. Also our bathroom floor had alot of hair on it when we entered the room, it was not what I expect to see when we pay over $200.00 per night with taxes. I did have lunch in the restaurant one day, a french onion soup and a caesar salad, this was excellent and ANN the server did an awsome job even refilled my coffee three times in the one visit without my having to flag her down. So not all thumbs down, but I would never tell anybody to stay here unless they dropped the price about a hundred dollars, then your getting okay value for the buck, but the buck was stretched way too far for what we got. Sorry Sheraton, but you just dont measure up to the competition in the Mississauga area at all, you have left an extra large margin for improvement.

Room Tip: If you want a GOOD room, go somewhere else!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is my first time staying at the Four Points Mississauga and unfortunately will be my last. My colleagues and I typically stay at the Holiday Inn directly across the street during our monthly business trips but decided to stay at this hotel due to noisy renovations at the Holiday Inn.

The upside: The hotel is modern and clean with nice rooms. My 5 colleagues and I relaxed in restaurant/bar each night during our stay and were very happy with the service there.
Unfortunately, I left a travel bag in my room when I checked out. It was not until the next day that I realized that my bag was missing. I called the hotel on late afternoon 1/18 and spoke with a kind gentleman that worked the front desk and explained my situation. He explained that the Housekeeping Manager was the only person who could manage any lost and found questions/concerns and mailings and that I should call back the next day to get in touch with her. I explained that I would at the very least like to know whether or not my belongings were found and in a secure place. Frankly, I was surprised to hear that this was not a normal practice at the hotel as front desk at other hotels that I have visited have been empowered to mail lost and found items. He went above and beyond the apparent practices at the hotel to deliver on my request. He took my name and number, got in touch with someone who could confirm that my belongings were there, and called me back in a short time to confirm. Thank you very much for your great service and for taking care of this request. From there he asked that I call the Housekeeping Manager back the next day to set up mailing and payment thereof.

The downside: The next day (1/19) I called the hotel back and spoke with the same young man at the front desk who recognized my voice and kindly forwarded me to the voicemail of the Housekeeping Manager. I did not hear back from the Housekeeping Manger after about 4 hours and decided to call back. At this time a female front desk agent answered the phone and even in writing this I am STILL in shock with her rudeness and complete lack of customer service skills and how blatant she was in demonstrating it. I asked whether or not the Housekeeping Manager was still on duty to which she responded that she was not. I explained to her that I had tried calling the Housekeeping Manager several times. She responded that the Housekeeping Manager does not "regularly check her voicemail or go to her office because she has to be on the floors". I ask who I could speak to live in order to take care of things. She told me that only the Housekeeping Manager could help and to call back the next day because she is no longer at work...at this point I am truly confused about why, according to her explanation, lost and found is in the hands of someone who irregularly checks their messages. I asked her if she could take a message to give to the Housekeeping Manager and have her call me. She "yes, OK I will, thank you for calling" and proceeded to end the call. I was shocked because she had NOT taken my name and number to give to the Housekeeping Manager along with the message. I called the hotel back, got the same young lady and asked why she hung up the phone without getting any of my contact information. She said, "I already have your number to give to her" (apparently on the caller ID). My next question was whether or not she had my name to give along with my number so that the Housekeeping Manager knew who she was asking for. She responded "no, I'm just going to do the same thing that you did and leave her a message anyhow". Still I asked whether or not she was at least going to take down my name to pass along with that phone number (I had zero confidence that she was going to pass this message along nor that she cared to). Her response was that she would take my name and give it to the Housekeeping Manager along with my number "if that is what would make me satisfied". (Wow!!)

I will continue to attempt to contact the Housekeeping Manager and hope for a call back so that I can get my belongings mailed to me. I am appalled by how I was spoken to by your front desk agent and her the degree of bravado. After reading another review from September 2012, it seems that this is not the first time that a customer's post stay experience was unsatisfactory. It is not just one stay that matters but the ability to retain repeat customers at your hotel. I will not stay at this hotel again and will not recommend it to any of my business colleagues who visit our Canadian HQ in Mississauga. Frankly I would rather endure the renovation noise at the Holiday Inn across the street where for my past year of monthly visits the service has ALWAYS been friendly and consistent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Denzil M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Hi Llcaz,

I apologize for your post stay experience in regard to lost and found. I will review the current procedure and make changes as necessary. We will also include your comments in our next coaching session.

If possible, could you contact me directly at 905 363 2442 or dmiranda@fourpointsmeadowvale.com or send me your full name and date of stay. This will help speed up the return and also ensure we send out the correct articles left behind.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and I look forward to hearing from you.

Denzil Miranda
General Manager.
Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Good business hotel. Sleep and go. Breakfast was average and seemed a little thrown together. Upscale continental at best. Rooms are clean, comfy and fairly spacious. Good location to 401. As far as business hotels I would return. And perhaps grab a double-double and bagel around the corner instead of the breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Denzil M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Once again stay at this hotel and got a room upgrade from traditional to dulux room. On the same floor just different room, this time to get a room in the corner.
My experience for this time in the room number 608 includes pretty good but there are some things that are less satisfactory.
Room size is smaller than the room I occupied before, wifi in the room is not very good (difficult to connect and always disconnected).
Services provided during check-in pretty well, swimming pool and fitness facilities are very limited but well-preserved.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Denzil M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Hi Albertusgunter,

Thank you for your feedback. We will review our wifi services and make changes as required. As you have given us the room number, we can now determine if we have specific areas with this issue.
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

HINT: There are 3 Four Points that provide shuttles from airport and you need to make sure you get on the right one. The driver does not ask you what address you are going to - so don't just look at the town ,but also the STREET. Upon arrival, I called the hotel, shuttle bus came 20 min later and took me to the wrong hotel. The hotel suggested that I wait again for the next shuttle, go back to the airport, and wait for the right shuttle. Funny....I'm here on business and don't have time for this nonsense. A taxi from the wrong Mississauga Four Points to the right Mississauga Four Points cost me $30 USD. Not a great start to my business trip.

Once I finally made my way to the right hotel, the room itself was nice. The bed was very nice and clean. The only point for management is that I don't like having the comforter between sheets, it does not stay put and I hope the comforter is cleaned with every guest? It did look clean and hope so. The heating system is loud and the room was hot, even with the heat off. The A/C would not come on to make the room more comfortable. The lights are those energy saving lights which I usually love but when you come in at night, they are not the instant on lights and takes a while for them to warm up so you come into a room with what would be a dim night light. Overall lighting in room was dim, even once they warmed up.

I called the front desk to ask if there was coffee in the lobby, was told no so I ordered room service each morning for coffee. On the last day of check out, I noticed a coffee pot in the lobby....really? That just annoys me that I spent the money on room service when it wasn't necessary.
Seems the hotel is transitioning into full service hotel, staff was not trained in food service and the quality of food was barely OK. For example, having corporate business buffet lunch in the restaurant, there was no silverware provided, no small plates, no glasses for ice, no water, etc. The table was completely empty and the buffet had a few cans of soda out with no glasses or ice. I guess we were suppose to drink the soda from the can?

So the hotel room itself, was OK. The board room was nice but the bathroom looked like it had just been redone but not finished. There was grout on the walls/floor. The granite had been broken, overall no one took the last hour to finish the job properly and just looked messy.

Next time my group travels to Mississauga, we will stay someplace else....sorry Sheraton, you still have a long way to go to meet expectations of the business traveler.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hi Diverlinda,

I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered on your way to the hotel and during your stay. I have discussed the issues with my management team and corrective action will be taken. Unfortunately, we do not provide airport shuttle service, however, we do provide area shuttle service. If you could contact me directly, I would like to get additional information.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Great location if you are doing business onthe area, only 20 minutes from the main airport and close to all the local business.
Very friendly and helpful staff, they even found me te F1 on te TV in the lobby as it was not available in the room!
Food is good, but with a strong Asian influence. The Pad Thai was great, but beware the wings if you like Buffalo because these is a strong Indian cumin flavour to them.
Lots of other eating options locally within a 5 mon drive.

• Stayed November 2012
Fort McMurray, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

When planning where to overnight from Europe, I booked this hotel through Hotwire total 129$ for 2 nights. It is advertised as an airport hotel, its not; being 20 kms from Pearson, no airport shuttle although I noticed air crew checking out. Easy to get to;, 20 minute drive Airport Rd to Derry turn left takes you to the hotel. Need a rental car to reach the hotel. Rooms are large, my room in Rome would have filled less than 1/4 of this room. Rooms has a microwave, fridge, friendly staff, great food in the restaurant; service a bit slow. Nice flatscreen, free internet, no password required. Turn right on Argentia, reach a shopping area, restaurants a bit of a drive. Next time I decide to overnight on a trip I would stay at this hotel again. Free bottled water in the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale? Share your experiences!