“two nights stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2501 Argentia Rd, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 4G8, Canada (Formerly Radisson Hotel Toronto - Mississauga)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #31 of 58 hotels in Mississauga
Fort McMurray, Canada
“two nights stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

When planning where to overnight from Europe, I booked this hotel through Hotwire total 129$ for 2 nights. It is advertised as an airport hotel, its not; being 20 kms from Pearson, no airport shuttle although I noticed air crew checking out. Easy to get to;, 20 minute drive Airport Rd to Derry turn left takes you to the hotel. Need a rental car to reach the hotel. Rooms are large, my room in Rome would have filled less than 1/4 of this room. Rooms has a microwave, fridge, friendly staff, great food in the restaurant; service a bit slow. Nice flatscreen, free internet, no password required. Turn right on Argentia, reach a shopping area, restaurants a bit of a drive. Next time I decide to overnight on a trip I would stay at this hotel again. Free bottled water in the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We actually checked in at 1am in the morning. The hotel staff is nice enough to let us do that. Getting to the hotel is relatively easy once u get off Highway 401 at Mississauga Road and follow the instructions on their website. It is about a 5-min drive once you're off the highway. There really is nothing around the hotel in terms of dining and shopping so you really do need a car if you wish to go anywhere. The room is decent enough even though they forgot to put a pair of toothbrush/toothpaste in our room. Our room is relatively cheap so it doesn't come with any slippers. Overall, the room is nice and big and the bed is very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Arriving early from Toronto Airport (1pm) I asked to get a room early. Thankfully they were very accommodating. The room was on the 8th floor and comes with a decent sized fridge and flat screen TV. Plenty of channels to keep you happy. The hotel has a bar and restaurant, good sized pool, whirlpool and decent gym. The staff seemed very pleasant, including those in the bar/restaurant area. The food is plentiful (good bang for your buck) in the hotel itself, but it is a drive to go anywhere else to eat.

If you have a vehicle then this is a fine hotel for a few days. If you don't have access to a vehicle and want to be close to daily amenities such as restaurants, malls, stores etc, then this may not be the best option for you.

Taxi from Toronto Airport = $45-$50.

Room Tip: It seemed my room (814) was in better condition than some of my other parties rooms (on the 2nd floo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Playa Samara, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Location is in a business area so it is to be expected that you need a car to get anywhere.The hotel bar and restaurant benefited from a renovation a few years back and is now a stylish place to eat.The food and service were excellent,although the front desk staff were extremely slow and there was a long line up on check in.The rooms themselves were well decorated but very small.My advice would be to book a suite and pay the extra or ask for an upgrade as the larger rooms are much nicer and more spacious

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Streamwood, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I thought the hotel was fine enough to start - we were staying in the Toronto area, finishing up our annual week-long trip to Canada from Cottage Country by being closer to friends in the city. Hotel was clean enough, I suppose (although I am generally picky) - things I noticed were some brownish red spots on the cream-colored comforters topping the bed; white-colored spots on the red pillows adorning the in-room couch (gee, I wonder what THAT is), and two temperatures for the central air system: freezing and humid.

I actually looked past all that and decided it was still a decent stay. Until today. NOW, customer service is now my prime issue.

We checked out today (Sept. 9, 2012) around 10:30AM local time to meet with a friend for breakfast. We did our rounds, but of course, we forgot something in the refrigerator (which is a nice touch, along with the microwave as well). I called maybe 40 minutes later once we got to the restaurant (avoiding roaming charges, of course) and spoke with a man at the front desk (who had a distinct Chinese accent and was also present when we checked out), letting him know we had left food and tupperware (which belongs to my boyfriend's mother) but we would like to pick those up as we will be able to stop by in two hours - he confirmed he would let housekeeping know and we can pick it up.

We stop by two hours later, and even though it is off the 401 which takes us to the Sarnia border cross, it is still a few minutes out of the way there and back (you have to exit the highway and then take a side road for about five minutes past industrial parks). We get there and the front desk attendant I spoke to is no longer present but now another male along with an older female with a European accent are at the counter - I am almost positive that this female is the one I actually checked out with earlier in the day. I explain my plight to the male first, who then decided to defer to the female. The female said that she didn't understand, but would call Housekeeping - she then proceeds to page Housekeeping and then teach the male about their new 'paging' system using a series of walkie-talkies.

Apparently, the male had stopped working at this location for two months because he now lives in downtown Toronto due to attending school. Another of the staff, presumably housekeeping at first glance due to the uniform, joins them to chat. She asks how he is doing and they chat about what he plans to do with school and what he will do with his time downtown. I am telling you this because I am still standing at the front desk, waiting for some sort of confirmation from the female about the status of my belongings - that's how rude the staff were becoming. Possibly realizing I was 'eavesdropping' on their conversation, the female states that the newly joined party member is from Housekeeping and asks me to explain my plight to her - I do so and she says she has no clue but will check. She then turns BACK to the conversation and discusses the male's situation downtown again and after a few moments walks away. A fourth party member, presumably Housekeeping again, comes up to introduce himself to the front desk male attendant and to chat about the male's endeavors as they had never met.

At this point, I know more about this male, who I believe his name to be Devon (pronounced Devan), than I do about my items.

Finally, the female attendant, who was inspecting the walkie-talkie systems while making idle chatter addresses me and states that Housekeeping presumed we left it on purpose and threw the items away - when she found the time to get that confirmation, I have no idea as she was staring at the walkie-talkies and not holding them to her ear in any way, shape, or form. When I irritatingly state that I called less than an hour after leaving and was reassured that I would be able to retrieve the items, she merely stated that she was not sure there was anything they can do. No apology, no sympathy, nothing - instead, back to explaining the walkie-talkie systems for the apparent celebrity of a male front desk attendant.

I understand that the items were not of significant value to her or even to me as tupperware can surely be replaced, but the principle of the matter is that as a member of customer service, you give your utmost attention to the CUSTOMER - not to a pretty boy coworker, not to new-fangled technology you may have never seen before - to the customer. The lobby was DEAD, no less; my boyfriend and I were the only ones in the room, staff couldn't wait until after a customer was no longer present to teach him new things or to chat about personal life?

This experience left a horrible taste in my mouth for this hotel and I will be sure to avoid this location from now on. I give it two stars because I am still impressed with the free wifi, microwave and refrigerator, but otherwise, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
denzil1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Kippie 111,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a detailed account of your experience after check out. I sincerely apologize and assure you that this is not the normal standard of customer service at our hotel. We have had a coaching session with all the front desk agents and your comments helped them understand more clearly how our valued guest feel. I request you to consider staying at our hotel in future, thereby giving us an opportunity to deliver our customer service.

Denzil Miranda
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Booked in for 2 night with as we had provincial for my son's baseball team. We got put into a handicapped room as there was no other rooms available and it rocked. Lots of space in the bathroom which are usually small. Very clean. We were near the back door entrance so there was the odd hallway noise when people came in but otherwise no complaints.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a night ... Rooms were nice except for the nasty couches and the bathtubs are kinda gross. The air conditioning isn't very good. There are 2 settings; freezing and warm. The Staff was great!

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale? Share your experiences!