“Not bad for a quick stay and the price is right” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale

You added Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2501 Argentia Rd, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 4G8, Canada (Formerly Radisson Hotel Toronto - Mississauga)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #32 of 59 Hotels in Mississauga
Toronto, Canada
“Not bad for a quick stay and the price is right”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The main things I look for when staying in a hotel are cleanliness, comfortable beds and friendly, knowledgable staff.
I was satisfied with the room and services.
42 inc LCD TV, refrigerator, microwave, kimonos are available in room.
Swimming pool with sea water and the gym is too small.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ann Arbor MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

A hotel this nice in downtown Toronto would have cost us two or three times as much. Instead, we stayed here--about a 20 minute drive from the Toronto lakefront-- and paid $20 to park all day right next to the CN Tower. The rooms were very nicely decorated and the furnishings looked essentially new, including a large flat screen TV. If we do this again we will remember that there is a couch in each room would be very comfortable for a child or not-too-tall adult in a pinch. There was a bit of a communication problem with the front desk staff (we hung out the sign AND asked at the desk to not have our room cleaned, but it was; and one night we called down to ask if the restaurant was still open, they said it was, yet five minutes later we found it darkened--about 30 minutes before it was supposed to close). But there are dozens of places to eat within a few minutes driving distance. Parking and wireless internet are free. The bar, restaurant, and gift shop in the hotel are convenient.

Room Tip: Some rooms that are next to each other have adjoining interior doors, but not all. Ask for that spec...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We were in town for a long weekend for a friend's wedding. The hotel accommodations were what I expected: clean, comfortable and close to the reception. The staff was helpful in making sure that all of the guests of the wedding party were at one end of the same floor, which made catching up much easier. For most visitors, this is an excellent hotel and the price was good.

I was very disappointed with the front desk's knowledge of how to get into Toronto via public transportation. I understand that we were outside the city, but the people at the front desk should be able to tell us how to get into a city, such as Toronto or tell us where we can find the information. I have traveled extensively, especially to areas where it is difficult to communicate. I know from those experiences that the best place to get directions is from the staff at the front desk of a hotel. I went down and spoke to the woman at the front desk, was very clear as to what we wanted, asked how long it would take us to get into the city, asked how much it would cost, etc... She gave me a map of downtown Toronto and showed me where the bus would let us off. She did print Google bus/walking directions.
-She said it would take almost an hour.
-Cost $3.25 for the bus
-Told me where to catch the bus
Well, it took us MUCH longer because she didn't tell me on what corner to catch the bus and the bus stops were not clearly labeled. After walking around the entire intersection, checking all of the signs to see if any of them had the bus numbers we were looking for, I went back into the hotel and asked her to clarify exactly where we needed to be to catch the bus. She mixed up the bus numbers so we were waiting for a bus on the wrong street (the street she told us to go to). Finally, I was able to ask a bus driver and he told us where to catch the other bus. We wasted about an hour just trying to figure out where we needed to be.
Then the correct bus dropped us off to take a GO bus. The cost for a round trip ticket was $14/person. Yes, this is about average for a direct train/bus into a major city, but I was told the trip would cost $3.25/person.
Since it took us so long to get into the city, we only had about an 1.5hrs before we had to get back on the bus to go home. Once we got back on the bus, my boyfriend used his phone to figure out where we were with relation to our hotel. The GO bus dropped us off a 4min walk to our hotel! We could have saved ourselves close to 2 hours (1 hr trying to correct the mistakes that were made by the front desk and 1 hr taking the 1st bus and waiting for a GO bus).
We wasted an entire afternoon on a few buses, paid a ridiculous amount of money to only enjoy the city for 1.5 hrs.
Again- the hotel itself was great, but do your own research when it comes to going into the city.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
denzil1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for your kind comments. I will pass them on to our associates. Your experience with transportation is noted and has been reviewed with all our front desk associates.

Regards,

Denzil Miranda
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is a decent enough hotel at a good price. Average overall, nothing outstanding.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed at this property before an early flight out the next morning. I found a decent rate, better than the rest of the Starwood properties in the area. The hotel has a decent bar and very nice, clean rooms. I had a rented car and free parking helped, there was also a quick shuttle if you don't have a car.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

The location was perfect for our appointment nearby. The room was nice. I didn't receive the usual SPG treatment and was put on a non-SPG floor. It didn't really matter, except the room could have been cleaner. I'm wary about whether the cushions on the bed get changed regularly like the rest of the bedding, so I was very dismayed to see long black hairs on those cushions and got rid of them. I like that there's a fridge in the room (and a microwave).

The pool was nice but it was very full at 9:30pm and about 15 people were kicked out by maintenance when it closed at 10. Maybe longer hours would make sense.

I'd stay here again and probably will if I'm in the area. The price is reasonable on weekends but very high during the week.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. We are in the process of upgrading our rooms and the big bed cushions will not be part of the new bed format. We will also be adding additional floors as our SPG usage is very high. We will be ready to welcome you back on your next visit and will make every effort to have you on our SPG floor.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel! To start, the young man at the front desk was extremely polite and patient answering 101 questions from the man in line in front of me. He was also very helpful with me, honest in advising me that there was a wedding party on the floor that I would be staying on - then making arrangements to have me moved to another floor.

The hotel room is modern, spacious, has a large flat screen tv, comfy bed with lots of pillows and a large desk with the plug in for your laptop, etc. conveniently located on top of the desk - not awkwardly placed underneath or several feet away. The sofa looked like it could use a cleaning, but that was my only issue. The room conveniently has a mini fridge, microwave, coffee/tea maker, free wi-fi or wired internet access and more. Hotel has free parking, a pool and a hot tub.

The guests beside me went in and out of their room constantly, but that's not the hotel's fault. Overall, great stay. Would definitely return to this hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale? Share your experiences!