“Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 57 hotels in Mississauga
Toronto, Canada
“Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for a day, second week of April 2013, between connecting flights.It was our first stay here, booked it online, check-in was a breeze, thanks Mike, and all the staff was pleasantly nice. Our suite was ready and very comfortable, bed was a heaven. All the toiletries were updated and of standard, huge bathroom. Ordered in food from the restaurant, quick delivery, nice delicious and warm.
Check out was quick, with a smile and thank you ! Yes, the exterior look dated and needs some uplift, but as soon as you enter the lobby, it is very comforting.Its a small satellite hotel, but very accommodating.
Good budget hotel in the area.

Room Tip: 8th floor, view of the city is beautiful at night.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback! We are delighted to hear we met your expectations and that you took advantage of Rejuven8 Restaurant. Take care!

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Caribbean
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We got a really good rate at this hotel and I was pleasantly surprised...room appeared to be recently renovated; very modern, wood looking tile and coat rack in entry way, bathroom with wall dispensers of shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Large room with long counter top along the wall, mini fridge, coffee machine and free bottle of water. Free wifi and parking were very welcome and the free parking especially almost unheard of. Restaurant in hotel served a nice range, a little expensive but good food. Only negative about the very nice room for me was that it was a little dark, the pillows were too soft and the heater compressor made a lot of noise every time it turned on.
Now the negative..until this point, would have definitely returned to this hotel however we waited
1 hour and 13 minutes for the shuttle on a freezing cold Sunday afternoon. When we first called from the airport we were told the shuttle was already there. 15 minutes later with no shuttle we thought perhaps we had missed it. Called the hotel and receptionist said he is leaving now and will be there in 15 minutes. Another 45 minutes later he arrived and said he had to wait for another customer whose flight was arriving in 5 minutes! We were frozen, upset at the continuing delay and the fact that whilst we had been made to wait 1 hour and 13 minutes, we should be asked to wait perhaps another 30 minutes for the customer whose plane had still to arrive - let alone wait for his luggage or go through customs/immigration! At this point I did lose my temper whereupon the shuttle driver gave me his phone to speak to the receptionist...I explained my dissatisfaction and requested we be transported immediately which they finally agreed to do. While waiting for this shuttle, all the other hotel shuttles had passed by at least twice..including the Days Inn bus - a hotel which is several layers below Sheraton yet seems to offer punctual shuttle service. The shuttle to the airport the next morning left on time. As I mentioned earlier, but for this experience I would definitely have returned to this hotel but very likely will not...unless I read newer reviews that mentioning positive shuttle reviews.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Mississauga/Toronto and thank you also for having taken the time to leave us a review. I am devastated to learn that we have missed our opportunity to impress you while we had a chance to do so, especially with problems that you experience with our shuttle. Please accept my most sincere apologies for this negative experience and I do hope that we will have a chance to redeem ourselves at some stage, when next you decide to visit Mississauga.

May I take this opportunity invite you to contact me personally should your travel plans bring you back to Four Points Toronto Mississauga, so we can make sure, that we will not fail you then next time around.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our circumstances are probably different from 99% of travelers to Toronto. We used 'wood points to get this room for free to use during our 13 hour layover in Toronto before flying to Santiago, Chile later that night (we had a good reason for doing this rather than checking out Toronto). We landed at 10:30am or so and were able to call the hotel from the Information phone in the baggage claim area. Be aware that there are more than one Four Points by Sheraton near the airport, so you need to specify the one on Dixie Road. Anyway, a shuttle came to pick us up from the airport within 10 minutes. On the map, it looks closer to the airport, but it was probably 10 minutes to drive from pick-up to the hotel.

We had contacted the hotel ahead of time to ask for an early check-in time - fortunately, they were able to accomodate us by checking us in at 11am...and we got a complimentary upgrade to the King Junior Suite! We relaxed and recovered from a long work week in their very comfy bed and spacious room for the entire day.

The hotel isn't near much, so we had lunch and dinner at the restaurant in the lobby. The lunch was ok. The dinner was a little better. They seemed to have some Indian specials that aren't found on the menus of other Four Points hotels.

It was a perfect place near the airport to nap the day away. Convenient to be able to shower before a long 12-hour, overnight flight. Can't say much on "Value" because we used points.

The only negative, which is relatively small negative, was the experience with the shuttle back to the airport later that night. After dinner, we inquired about getting a shuttle to the airport around 9:45pm or so. The guy at the front desk negotiated us down to 9:30pm. Fine. When it was 9:00pm, we received a call from the front desk asking if we could come down and get on the shuttle leaving asap. OK. Fortunately, we were ready. It didn't make sense because it didn't sound like the shuttle was picking up others from the airport (nor was it driving anyone else to the airport). And for a place that advertises an airport shuttle that goes late into the night, it shouldn't matter when a guest wants to go, right? Anyway, that was a little weird. Fortunately, the international terminal at Pearson still had open shops and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to hear that you were able to relax with us during your layover and enjoyed your meals at Rejuven8 Restaurant. Our apologies that the shuttle was unable to return you to the airport at the requested time. Take care!
Kanata, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel on business. When I checked in I was asked if I wanted to use the same towels/sheets for my stay - absolutely. LOVE THIS. Love that this hotel is trying to be green.

Also, my room did not receive the daily servicing - which was perfect. Everything was the way I left it LOVE THIS.

The room was small as was the bathroom - but well appointed. The bed was super comfortable. The shower itself was large enough that you could turn around.

Overall the hotel and parts of the room are old and have had some modernization.

Customer service - I personally found the staff to be very accommodating.

Room Service = 10+ - Rima was out of this world. She is the poster girl for customer service.
The menu for room service was also excellent. The food was great, although I think the same sauce is used for the Thai Chicken and the regular stir fry - tasted similar :-)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We checked in around dinner time, and there was only one staff at the front desk, on the phone with another guest. So we waited around 3 minutes for her to finish her phone call. No problem for that as I understand being the only staff there, but she was actually awfully cold during check in, though she's not by any means rude.

Room was very good and spacious, definitely more than 3 stars, I'd say the rooms deserve 4 stars. The bathroom is a North American standard affair.

I tried to order room service at 10:52pm and was told the kitchen has been closed (the menu says room service is till 11pm). I was slightly irritated when I was told last order is 10:50pm, though the guy on the phone was very apologetic.

Free parking is a big plus.

• Stayed March 2013
Manchester, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed here many times as I like the location. Close to the airport but far enough away that you have more dining options and free parking. However on my last visit I was greatly disappointed by the "improvements/changes" they made to the rooms. They took out the closet and added a large piece of furniture which is supposed to do everything - closet, desk, table, etc. But it doesn't work. The desk is completely worthless as a work area (see photo). The whole room is incredibly dark (see pic) and the desk had one light built in, but had a broken switch - so could only be turned on/off by the plug which was impossible to see in the dark. Dim lights throughout. Even with the entry way light on in the middle of the night, I could not read the thermostat to change it. The bathrooms lights are two VERY dim bulbs - unsatisfactory - especially as a business women trying to get ready for the day. Housekeeping failed to notice that the extension cord used to connect the bed lamps and clock radio was missing - so the whole wall was dark (housekeeping should always double check the clock at least). Also ONE tissue fan-folded stuffed into the top of an empty tissue box! Double bedded room but just one individual coffee packet and one water. Disappointing stay....could not work in this room. I did eat in the dining area and the staff were attentive and the food good. So -they need to make several improvements in the lighting, housekeeping, and room work areas. Otherwise it is no longer suitable for a business traveler.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We drove down to Mississauga from Montreal for business and got in a day early (Feb. 7) due to the impending snowstorm. Although our reservation was only for the 8th, I had called the hotel to make sure there would be room for us a night early. We had 3 nights booked under a corporate rate (75$/night) and then ended up having to pay the full price for the early night ($150+tx) I didn't mind if it meant not having to drive during the snow storm. The hotel itself is clean and simple. There's a lobby bar/ restaurant that was very convenient, especially when it seemed the entire city shut down on the 8th because of the snow. We had the rejuvn8 burgers one night, very filling. Another night we shared the nacho plate, wasn't bad. We shared the bruschetta with a bottle of wine another time, also not bad at all.

The rejuvn8 restaurant became our home while the snow crippled the city. Our first night there was a hoot, some drunk lady started complaining about mold in the vents, but she was clearly very, very intoxicated. The staff handled it like pros, and all the patrons in the restaurant had a good laugh about it. Ordering drinks with a side of mold.... (There was no mold btw, clearly she was someone trying to get comped for her alcohol...)

The room itself was a bit small, but more than adequate. The bed was comfortable and so were the pillows. Always a bonus when staying away from home.

We never tried the pool, although it was empty most of the time.

There are a few restaurants in the area, but the options are limited. Some expensive steak restaurant, a seafood restaurant, a burger king...

If you're looking for nightlife, the closest available option is the NEW locomotion....enter at your own risk, although we had a good time there one night.

Would we return? For sure, it was perfect location to where we had to work and the hotel provided all necessities. The staff were really top notch here, and really very nice. Something some 5 star hotels could take note of....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
fpmississauga, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I would like to thank you for your visit and review. I am glad that your stay was a pleasant one and our team appreciates the praise. With that, I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team. I am also glad to hear that we exceeded your expectation . Thank you again and we hope to see you again!

Best Regards!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga? Share your experiences!