“Nice but stay away from the adjoining rooms!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #32 of 57 hotels in Mississauga
St. Catharines, Canada
“Nice but stay away from the adjoining rooms!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I stay at this hotel frequently. We always get a great rate on hotwire, even at the last minute. The free parking is great. The pool is lack-luster. There are no steps going into the pool, merely 2 ladders. If you are in need of steps, you will not be able to use this pool. That is a disappointment as I love to swim but would appreciate steps instead of ladders. The counter staff are fantastic. They do their best to accommodate you. The last gentleman who helped us, actually walked around the counter to hand us our room key. Once we got into our room, her personally called up to see if we were satisfied with our room. One word of advice....ask for a room that is not adjoining with another. The noises you hear under those doors is unbelievable. Toilets flushing, showers and you can imagine what else. God forbid the people have a conversation, you will hear every word of it. On one of our stays, we walked into a room with an adjoining room and I immediately called the front desk to move us. There was a rowdy couple next to us. If we weren't in an adjoining room they would have disturbed us all night, since we were in an adjoining room, the volume was quadrupled. We were moved without delay. Every time we go here I ask for a non-adjoining room. I am granted that. This last time, I forgot to ask for a non-adjoining room. Wouldn't you know it, I was given an adjoining room. There were no neighbours so we were fine. Then they showed up around midnight and I heard everything. Thank goodness they went right to bed. I bet they heard my husband snoring though :)

Room Tip: Non adjoining rooms please
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
fpmississauga, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
•Dear Guest,
We are very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you received from our Staff . We are sorry that we placed you next to an adjourning room, hopefull upon on next vist we can fix that.

Once again thanks for taking the time to write your comment and feedback, its always help us to improve our Services.

Hope to see you Soon!

Best Wishes.

159 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

It is in the middle of nowhere, so if you do not have a car, you are stuck. The hotel said they will drive you to a few restaurants, but that was not the case when another business colleague of mine wanted to go, they said they were short staffed. The rooms are clean, beds are wonderful, tastefully decorated. I do NOT like the fact they do not have soap or shampoo, instead they have dispensers in the shower stall, no tub. My stay here was very short so did not have opportunity to dine here, from a sample menu I saw it did look overpriced. Front desk staff was pleasant and friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
fpmississauga, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Guest, Thanks for taking the time to write a review and pass on comments for improvement. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to imporve on for the future. We apologize for the we could not fullfill your need during this stay. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I arrived late after travelling a great distance and were pleased to be quickly set up in our room. The front desk clerk provided take out menus and directed us to near by restaurants. The room itself was clean and very comfortable. Had a great night sleep. The added bonus here had to be the clean bathroom! For my husband, the work station and comfortable bed were the highlight. Only downside for this hotel is the thin walls, we could hear the toilet flush and someone blowing their nose in the other room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments. Its a always great to know that our guest enjoy themseleves during thier travel. Thanks you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
YYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We got a room for free there through the Air Canada Stopover program. Since our flight arrived in Toronto at 5:35 am, sounded like a good idea to get a room, take a shower, and get ready to go visit our daughter and family before they would get up.

In many ways, the hotel was better than what we had expected, especially for a free room. Shower was nice, room looked OK.

Only down side, location. They are way back compared to the airport. Takes a long time, first for te shuttle to show up, then to get there. Then when you order a cab the front desk guy gets a pal of himself from the same tribe, not an official Toronto cab, to take you downtown. Charges $60, which might well be the going rate, given that the place is actually further away than the airport. But takes no credit card and takes forever to show up.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Hi I stayed at this hotel November 30th, and December 1, 2012. The room was average. The bed was extremely comfortable. Upon check in I told the guest service agent I didn't want to stay in a specific room because it's the same room they gave me last time. The room is in front of the elevator and ice machine. So, you don't get much quiet. The agent would not give me a new room! Luckily it wasn't extremely noisey. I was just disappointed the agent refused to give me a new room. Anyhow, I ordered wings from room service. It arrived in about 20 minutes. The food was not freshly prepared, it was cold, and overcooked. It was not eatable. On the second day I left the room early and went shopping. When I came back my room was being cleaned. So I went and waited in the main lobby. I was eating my lunch. I was told that I wasn't allowed to eat in the main lobby. I could understand if the food was messy, or had a strong odor, but it wasn't. This was my 5th visit to this hotel. Not sure I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
fpmississauga, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value your time and your comments. We take every feedback very seriously and we will take all necessary action to enhance guest experience.

In regards to your experience during your November 30 stay, I was surprised to find out the lack of hospitality you experienced at the front desk and poor service with regards to the room service which are not typical of the service we offer to our guest. WeI will make sure we rectify the situation.

once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and looking forward to seeing you in near future. Please do not hesitate to contact us in making your reservation.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

conditions and design of the hotel was good, cleanliness is maintained. the condition of the rooms ia also satisfy, the pool and the gym were small but well maintained. location passable. free parking.
hotel employees were friendly and professional

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
fpmississauga, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest, We are glad that your stay went well with us. Your comments and your feedback is greatly weclomed.

Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Best regards!
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The shuttle bus service provided by the hotel is terrible. The vehicle is dirty and the driver does not have any customer service skills. Upon arrival at the hotel, there was nobody to greet us or ask us if they could take our luggage inside. Once inside the hotel lobby, again nobody immediately there to greet you and welcome you to the hotel. We had one room with a king size bed and another room with two queen sized beds. The heater unit is extremely loud and prevents you from having a good sleep. The vending machine on our floor did not work. We contacted the front desk and were told that there are vending machines on the other floors if we liked. Poor customer service answer. This is an older building. Overall, we experienced very poor customer service and we will not stay at this hotel in the future. The Sheraton should be ashamed to have its name associated with this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am deeply troubled to hear about your experience at our hotel and it is regrettable that your experience with us did not meet the expectations that a Sheraton hotel will provide for you. We want to apologize for the inconveniences. One of the major purpose of online reviews is to highlight areas of improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future. Please feel free to contact the us.

Best Regards!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga? Share your experiences!