“Very convenient for the airport, but no lift” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Toronto Airport

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6355 Airport Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1E4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2 Trips, 1 Night Free*
Ranked #18 of 58 Hotels in Mississauga
“Very convenient for the airport, but no lift”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This motel was very conveniently located to Toronto airport, downside was no lift, so if you have heavy cases request a room on the ground floor. They offer to store any cases not needed for the overnight stay, so if you pack everything you need in just one case you will only have that to carry up to the room.

Rooms were a little tired, but were clean, with plenty of hot water, towels etc. staff helpful in recommending where to eat. Shuttle bus to airport and a free breakfast. For the price we paid ( via otel.com) well worth it.

Room Tip: No lift so request ground floor if you have heavy cases, etc
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank-you for staying with us at the Comfort Inn Toronto Airport.

I am excited to hear that you were happy with our proximity to the airport, and value for the money you paid.

It is regrettable that we do not have a lift. Sadly due to the structural design of the building, it would be impossible now to add an elevator. If guests are unable to climb the stairs, we try our best to locate their rooms on the ground floor. Still, we only have so many ground floor rooms. I hope that this ascend wasn't too overwhelming and that it didn't dampen your experience at our hotel.

I anticipate that you will choose to stay with us again in the future, and if you do, please let us know about your heavy luggage ahead of time and we will try our best to provide accommodation for you on the ground floor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We laid over one night after a late flight in to Pearson. We had stayed here many years ago when it was the "Celebrity".

Location ...
Very conveniently located, you could walk from Terminal Three and they have a free shuttle.

Reservations ...
Handled through the corporate web page. All was in order on our arrival.

Check-in and check-out ... no issues. Staff were courteous and helpful (late at night, where can we get a bed time snack).
No issues on check-out.

Mobility challenged people may have issues with the funky lay-out of the place: no stairs to second floor, and once you are up the (narrow) stairs then you have to go down a half flight to access the hallway to your room.

The halls have that "old hotel" look, feel and stale smell to them.

Room ...
Big enough, pretty basic.
It must have been done over in the 20 years since we last stayed there.
Clean enough, passed the dust bunny test.
TV worked well enough; good selection of cable.
Did not notice noise from adjacent rooms.
Good on them, windows actually open, did not run the air conditioner.
No fridge or microwave.

Bathroom ...
Bathroom fixtures looked fairly recently upgraded; everything worked.

Amenities ...
WiFi worked passably well.

Breakfast ...
It is included, in the coffee shop on the premises. Pretty basic.

The coffee shop, late at night for a post-flight bedtime snack, was pretty bare and clueless.

Room Tip: Mobility issues? Get a ground floor room (no lift)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for staying at our hotel and for taking the time to review our establishment.

First, I wanted to say that I am thrilled to hear that you were pleased with our location, helpful and friendly staff, complimentary Wi-Fi service, clean spacious rooms and cable TV selection.

I wish that our breakfast would have also satisfied your needs better. It has been updated recently to a more deluxe offering, which includes, hot and cold cereal, fruits, pastries, eggs, breakfast meat, waffles, yogurt, juice, coffee and tea. I believe that this selection is more accommodating to all of our guests.

In the future I hope that we see you again.
Strathroy, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Like most people we stayed at the hotel to catch our early morning flight and for the park and fly feature.

The hotel is dated but clean and acceptable for it's purpose of the park and fly. The breakfast was surprisingly very good but starts at 630 so if you have an earlier flight you are out of luck. The shuttle leaves on the hour only.

In my reservations I had asked for a crib for my 2 year old. When I had checked in the person at the counter was useless, she essentially took my payment and left. I had to wait for another girl to come to the front desk in order to give me my room keys and explain where to park, how the shuttle works, when breakfast is etc, the standard check in spiel.

Oh, and the crib I had requested, it wasn't in the room, not surprising, but the worst part was it took 3 hours for them to finally bring us a crib, horrible. My 2 year old goes to bed at 730, the crib came at 10.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank-you for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to read that you were unhappy with the staff on your trip to the hotel. Guest service is our number one priority, so it disappoints me to hear that your had to wait so long for a rollaway bed and that our staff did not make you, our guest, a top priority.

I also wanted to let you know that if you are leaving before our complimentary breakfast starts, we can always pack a bagged breakfast for you to take on your flight.

Additionally, I wanted to let you know that we are currently updating our hotel with new bedding, new guest washrooms, new paint and carpets. This is an on-going process and we hope it shows our commitment to guest satisfaction and comfort.

I am so sorry to hear that you were discontented on this stay, I do hope that you try us again and allow us the opportunity to better suit your needs.
Smiths Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is one of the nicest comfort inns i have been to ,It is the only one i have been to thats been redone. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the hotel is spotless.There is a computer you can use at the front desk for free and a little corner shop with a selection of munchies.They also have a guest laundry you can use.

Room Tip: Choose the bottom floor at the back parking lot there is a nice barbeque and picnic area.Pets are we...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank-you for your feedback about our establishment. I am so very happy to hear that you were satisfied with both the staff and the facilities. Thank-you for the high praise and we hope to see you back soon.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Avoid this dump at all cost.
Only plus is it's real close to pearson airport.

Stayed there in July and paid extra for the park n stay option so that I can leave my car at the hotel while my family and I left for our trip to cuba
Arrived at the hotel only to find out there was no available parking for my car. HOW THE HELL DO YOU CHARGE ME FOR PARK N STAY AND THEN OFFER NOWHERE TO PARK MY CAR.

A huge argument followed with the useless girl behind the counter who suggested I park my car at the pearson value parking lot for an additional $90.00 but no offer for a refund on the extra I paid to leave my car with them.

Such a pathetic, worthless, hotel. So thankful to Kelley another guest who happened to hear me arguing and offered to wake me up at 4:00am as she was leaving and offered me her parking spot. So I had to beg the pub bar next door that shares the parking lot with comfort inn to please not tow my car away until 4:00 am. - did I sleep, yeah right forget that I was scared I would miss Kelley's knock at my door - thankfully she did not forget me.

So much stress, such blatant stupidity -- I would expect a whole lot more from a chain such as comfort inn. Learned my lesson - NEVER AGAIN would I put my family through the stress that this poorly trained staff put us through - Sheraton a few doors down offer better service go there.

PS - thank you to the shuttle drivers, they were very courteous and on time.

Room Tip: none really, this is a hotel for travellers going to the airport, There is constant noise in the hal...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
I wanted to take the time to thank-you for your review of our hotel. I am terribly sorry to hear that you were unhappy.

Our stay and fly package is extremely popular and we have never had problems as such in the past. In fact we only are able to sell a limited amount per day, to make sure that there is parking for our overnight guests and for our guests using the parking option. We have two additional overflow lots in case our lot becomes full.

Our staff is well-trained with this package, as it is our best seller. I am hoping that you in fact booked the package, as our regular room rates include overnight parking, but not long-term parking. If you had booked a package, there would have been a spot for you. If there was any confusion I do apologize. I do want you to know however that guests do not pay more to park there car, as it is included in our value package.

Again, I am very sorry to hear about your experience.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The prices are low and the service is a bit wanting, but we were the only customers in the restaurant/cafeteria at the time. The toilets were a bit basic and some of the decor shabby and neglected/in need of repair. Having said that, the pizza was just about ok. Come here if you're on a tight budget, hungry and in a hurry.

Room Tip: i don't think I would want a room here, based on the appearance of the facilities
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank-you for taking the time to review our attached restaurant. I don't have direct operational control over the restaurant as it is leased out. I have passed along your comments to the staff and management of the restaurant.

I would like you to know that the hotel is maintained individually from the restaurant. We are currently updating all of our guest rooms bathrooms, bedding and carpeting.

I do hope that you will give our hotel a try in the future, so you can see these updates.
Kirkland Lake, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

When ever I travel from Northern Ontario to the big city, this is my home away from home. Ziva and her staff take care of me and make me feel like I am home again. I enjoy my stay simply because I know that they care about my needs. This trip was very special for me as a long time friend finally made it to Canada. The stay at the Comfort Inn just made it that much more memorable. The room was clean and comfortable and offered us everything that we needed. We had a good sleep and were refreshed in the morning after a tasty breakfast. I really like the location as it allows me in and out of the airport without any hassle. Ziva, you know you'll see me at the hotel again and again. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: If you have issues climbing stairs, ask the front desk for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank-you for continuing to choose our hotel as your home away from home. I am happy to hear that you felt we truly cared about your needs.

We hope we will continue to see you in the future.

Been to Comfort Inn Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!