“Don't judge a book by its cover. There's real value here. And it's friendly too.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Toronto Airport

You added Comfort Inn Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6355 Airport Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1E4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #15 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This place is surrounded by a vast landscape of peripheral enterprises supporting Toronto International Airport. At first glance, it appears somewhat forgotten, scrunched as it is amidst office buildings and larger hotel blocks. I planned to leave my car here while heading for a European vacation. Parking at the Comfort Inn is considerably cheaper than at the airport garages, provided you stay at least one night in the hotel. Its proximity to the airport terminals (directly across the highway) makes it extremely convenient and is one of its genuine assets.

I have to confess that I had some apprehension about leaving my car in a motel parking lot for three weeks. But the management assured me that they provide 24/7 surveillance and that their shuttle drivers sweep past the cars on every trip. All of the staff, incidentally, went out of their way to be welcoming, helpful and friendly.

So at the end of the vacation my friends and I arrived back in Toronto at 9:00 p.m. on a Sunday night.They still had to catch a 2-hour plane ride to Chicago after a long trans-Atlantic day. I, on the other hand, had a clean, quiet, comfortable room waiting for me at the Comfort Inn--two minutes from the terminal. In addition, even at that late hour, I was able to get some pizza from the hotel restaurant. After a great night's rest, I felt refreshed, and headed on my way early the next day. There's something very civilized about all of that.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank-you for taking the time to write a review.

Our small hotel sometimes gets lost in the landscape of the airport, but what we lack in size I believe we make up for in personality.

First, I hope that you had a wonderful European vacation. It is true that we regularly monitor our parking lot. Many of the larger hotels can't say the same thing. But we think it is important to make sure our guests feel safe and secure at all times.

I hope that we will see you back again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Pefferlaw, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

we stayed here with another 2 couples prior to our flight out of Toronto airport. the website photos and information showed a clean, well maintained hotel. By choosing a hotel that was on the low end of prices, I didn't expect the Hilton. I did expect clean smell, tidy, and half decent food. we found the opposite, the rooms smelt like wet towels, the hotel was old looking and the food in the 'pub' was either not available or what was less than average.
The shuttle to the airport was an old van that couldn't accommodate everyone, he had to come back and get us (even though they had said no problem ). the sign for the shuttle was TAPED to the van door!
I would not go back to this hotel nor would I recommend anyone stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank-you for staying with us. I am so sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the hotel. I can assure you that we work hard to maintain and surpass the standards set out by Choice Hotels Canada.

We are an older hotel, but we are working to update the building both inside and out. We will be repainting the building and shingling the roof this summer. As well, we are working to update all of our guest bathrooms and bedding.

I do hope that you try us again in the future, so you can see our updates.

Again, I am very regretful that you were unhappy with your stay, however I hope that you had a wonderful vacation overall.
Corner Brook, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Hotel is on a busy street, rooms are very cramped, very difficult to find a parking spot. First night there we found dirty bandaids in our ice container, the next day we found a set of used ear plugs on the floor that we can only assume came out of our bed??? (they werent ours). Not only that we found another used ear plug on the floor (of another type) by the other bed. When complained to front desk the clerk was argumentative and rude and did nothing about it. Would recommend staying away from this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
I wanted to respond to your review, as it very upsetting for me to hear that our rooms were not up to the high standards we strive to reach.

First, I am terribly sorry to hear that your room was not cleaned properly, and can assure you that this is not something I take lightly. I have spoken with my housekeeping department (whom which normally delivers exceptional results) and emphasized the importance of overall guest room maintenance.

Secondly, I was sorry to hear that you felt that the guest service staff did not address your needs.

I hope that this doesn't deter you from staying with Comfort Inn in the future. Again, thank-you for your comments.
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed here for one night before our early morning flight out of YYZ.

I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted by the friendly lady working the front desk. She was quick and efficient and had us in our room within minutes.

The rooms are clean and updated, with very comfortable beds! This hotel is the perfect choice for a budget minded traveller.

There is also two restaurants on site which is very convenient.
The hotel offers complimentary breakfast which includes eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, pastries, etc...more than enough!!

Our shuttle had us to the airport within 5 minutes in the morning and we were off. Overall a great stay, and I will book this hotel again prior to my next vacation!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank-you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am glad to hear that you were so happy with the service and accommodations you received during your recent trip to our hotel.

I am also delighted to hear that you will be staying with us again in the future.

Best wishes for a safe and joyful summer.
Brighton, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We recently took advantage of the Comfort Inn Toronto Airport's park and fly package offer. Our trip to the airport from the hotel at the start of the trip went smoothly but the return to the hotel at the end of our vacation was delayed for well over an hour as we waited for the shuttle. Calls were made to the hotel as instructed, but no shuttle arrived. We eventually took a cab, and the front desk person did refund our taxi fare. In the Inn's defense, it was a confusing night because of canceled flights and travellers without reservations, but at midnight after a long day of traveling, it was not a pleasant experience. Given the extremely good rate for the park and fly, I expected the room to be more than a little rundown, but it was in surprisingly good shape. The included breakfast was more than adequate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for staying with us. I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize for the absent shuttle service and for the way in which you were treated by my guest service staff.

I am not sure what happened, but I promise that it is not a regular occurrence. Shuttle service should be prompt and reliable, and therefore I am very disappointed.

I hope that you will choose to stay with us again, and hopeful see that our service is normally top notch.
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here because the hotel was close to the airport and the price was right. Next time I think we would pay a little more somewhere else. The staff were pleasant enough and the bed comfortable. Because we had an early check in we had a room that was all by itself in an annex of the hotel. It was a nice size room with a king size bed. It looked like they are trying to update an old hotel and have done a fair job but still need to go farther. The doors and doorways need to be updated and something should be done about the floor in the bathroom. I found an ant in the corner but it disappeared in the cracks. We had trouble securing the safety lock and had someone (a male staff) with a key try to come in. We had lunch in the restaurant and found the food good then had supper in the pub. The food was made by the same restaurant and still good. The shuttle picked us up after a phone call and then dropped us off at the airport the next morning. Both drivers were very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank-you for staying at our hotel. Thank-you also for your kind words about our staff, shuttle service and on-site restaurant.

I wanted to let you know, that yes we are an older hotel, however we are currently working on updating some of the things you mentioned in your review.

During the summer months, we will be repainted and shingling the exterior of our building. In the fall we will be working on updating all our guest bathrooms and guest room bedding. I hope this commitment shows that we are concerned for the guest comfort and are determined to keep our hotel current.

Again, thanks for your comments and I hope that you will come by again in the future so you can see our changes.
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had a group of 14 travelers, booked in to this hotel for a night over on our way back from Ukraine. The hotel was extremely clean and very close to the airport. We enjoyed a free shuttle, free breakfast and wonderful rooms. It is truly a "comfort" hotel. Thanks to Ziva, who made our stay an excellent experience for tired travelers. We will stay there again.

Room Tip: Did not get time to see the swimming pool or spa, so cannot comment there. We had a very comfortabl...