“terrible start to a vacation” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Toronto Airport

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6355 Airport Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1E4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 58 hotels in Mississauga
Sarnia, Canada
“terrible start to a vacation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

other than being very close to the airport this hotel was very bad.
hallways stunk so bad it was hard to get to the room.
the bar attached to the lobby made me think the car was not going to be safe for the week away.
front desk was rude and no help at all. I told them I will pay cash in the morning and gave my credit card to hold it. no problem until the morning when they charged my card and I had to get them to try and reverse the change at just another hassel.
the free breakfast was terrible, I know it is free but have something that is ediable.
never again. pay the little more and get a good night sleep.
also very, very loud becasue of the planes.

Room Tip: pick another location.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I wanted to take this moment to apologize for your displeasure with our hotel during your recent travels to Toronto.

We all work tirelessly to make sure that our hotel maintains and succeeds the standards set out not only by our franchise company but also by our guests. I am very disappointed to hear that you were discontented.

Our on-site restaurant and pub and privately owned and therefore I have no direct operational control over them, however I have passed along your comments to them and I feel awful that you felt unsafe. I can assure you that this area is extremely secure and our top priority at the hotel is to make sure our guests feel protected.

I do express regret if my guest service staff was rude or unpleasant. I normally receive wonderful reviews about them, so I must say that I am very remorseful this was not the case with you and your family.

I did want to point out that our breakfast is that which is served at all Comfort Inn's across North America and includes; eggs, breakfast meat, waffles, hot and cold cereal, toast, muffins, yogurt, fruit, coffee, tea and juice. I am sorry if this menu did not suit your needs and if possible I will mention your displeasure to head office.

Again, I am very sorry that you were not happy with you stay. If you would like to contact the hotel directly and speak with me, I would like to make this up to you.

531 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Spent the night Friday 3/29/13. The receptionist was cordial and helpful on check in. The room was clean, the bathroom was also very clean, water pressure was outstanding for a hotel. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were substantial. TV was an HD flat screen. I did not try the breakfast so can not comment on that. About the only thing I seen was the whole hotel needs a "facelift". It is starting to show some age, there are exposed pipes and electrical conduits. The carpets is getting a bit worn. The room was just fine, and the hotel is overall good, just a little sprucing up and refurbishing would do wonders ....

Room Tip: Parking can be a bit of a problem. It is right next to the airport and at times the planes taking of...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
I wanted to thank-you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with the accommodations.

I did want to tell you that we are currently undergoing some exciting changes to both the interior and exterior of the hotel. We have already completely redone the lobby and replaced the hallway carpets. Soon we are planning to spruce up the exterior of the building and renovate the guest room washrooms. We are also updating our bedding in the very near future. Like you, I agree that our hotel has good bones and a few minor upgrades would greatly enhance the guest experience.

We hope that you will continue to use our hotel if travelling through the area.
Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was are third year in a row before starting are vacation.We have always had a very good sleep over we like park and fly service they offer. Most of all its the excellent staff that always greet with a big smile and go out of there way to make your stay the best it can be thank you all very much.The front desk staff have ben there for years that says a lot for the hotel. The rooms are very nice and comfy with a flat screen tv and free WiFi.There is a restaurant and bar on site which is very good. We like the free hot breakfast they offer it always hot and fresh great way to start your day.Just jump on the free shuttle and in minutes your at the Airport. I've never had an issue with my vehicle being parked they patrol the parking lot I like that.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank-you so much for continuing to choose our hotel for your travels through Toronto Pearson International Airport. It is true our staff is an extension of our business and I am very happy to say that we have almost no turnover. I believe this makes our guests feel like part of the family and I am happy with the staff we have.

I hope that you continue to use our hotel, and that we see you back very soon.
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We decided to book this hotel and shuttle to Pearson the next morning, rather than fight rush hour traffic in Toronto. We used the Park/Sleep/Fly discount. Reasonable rate. Clean and comfortable room. VERY kind and helpful staff; that was a distinct pleasure. Shuttle driver was on time and knew his stuff. All in all, a good place for a night's stay when traveling.

Room Tip: If you are flying out of Pearson airport at anytime, but particularly if you're taking a morning...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for staying with us. I am happy that you were able to use the 'stay and fly' package. It is a very popular package, and I am glad to hear that you were happy with the price.

We hope to see you again soon.
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This hotel is a good nite stay for a inexpensive stop before your flight out of the city or country. The room was fine, nothing to brag about. It was fairly clean and the staff were generally helpful. The bonus for this place was the Pearson Pub that is attached to it. The disappointment was the shuttle service that is advertised. It was ok when we left but the return was a No Show. We called just after arrival back in TO and waited at the correct door for an hour with no show. We eventually took a cab.

• Stayed February 2013
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank-you for your kind words about our hotel. I am glad to hear that you were able to have a meal at Pearson Pub and that you were happy with the service you received there. This establishment is leased out, but I will make sure to let them know you were pleased with your experience.

I am very sorry that you missed our shuttle service from the airport. I am not sure what happened, but I do feel terrible that you had to take a taxi cab. Normally our shuttle is very prompt, so this is something that I am going to look into.

I hope that you will try our hotel in the future, and we can correct the mistake that we made in the past with the shuttle.
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is an older hotel that is showing its age. Some things work, some don't work that well. This is to be expected in a hotel that is,after all, rated at only a few stars.
However, it is close to the airport, the shuttle service is excellent, they let you leave your car there while you are away, and the prices are very reasonable. The Pearson Pub's not that bad either. The breaky is good and you can get some fill-that-gap grubb at the restaurant attached to the hotel.
The REAL attraction at this hotel is the staff. They are ALL accommodating, friendly, efficient, and organized. The supernova among this cluster of stars is Ziva. She is, in a word, extraordinary!
In my opinion, there should be some five star hotels actively seeking her out. She is the epitome of organization, friendliness and customer-oriented service. We cannot sing her praises loudly or high enough. Thank you Ziva.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
I am happy that you choose to stay with us during your recent travels through Toronto Pearson International Airport.

It is true, we aren't the newest hotel in the area, however I believe that our guest service and warm atmosphere is something that most guests won't find anywhere else. We are also working hard to bring our hotel up-to-date (as it is an on-going process for us). Recently, we starting new renovations to the hotel guest room bathrooms. In the near future, we hope to update the exterior of the building and continue to make improvements to our public areas.

Ziva, as well as, all our staff are valued assets to our company, and I appreciate you pointing this out in your review.

We hope to see you soon, when you can see the upgrades we are continuing to do to the hotel.
Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed here the night before our trip and must say the staff was so accomodating and friendly . We were allowed to check in before and they allowed us to stay an hour later, our flight left later in the day. Ziva(sales manager) was an amazing person who welcomes you as if you were family, the rest of the staff were equally friendly. The price for parking and hotel and you even get breakfast and prompt delivery and pick-up from airport in my opinion was a great deal. The Hotel is older but our room was clean and safe and comfortable.I would recommend this Hotel to all if you want location/comfort/parking and great customer service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I wanted to thank-you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am so happy that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I truly believe that we have the best staff, as a manager I couldn't ask for more from them.

I am also delighted that you were able to take advantage of an early check in and later check out. It is difficult to accommodate this request, especially during the winter months when we are often sold out, however we are happy to offer this when we can.

I do hope that you will continue to use our hotel for your future travels through the area.

Been to Comfort Inn Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!