“never again!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Toronto Airport

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6355 Airport Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1E4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2 Trips, 1 Night Free*
Ranked #18 of 58 Hotels in Mississauga
Millbrook, Canada
“never again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have never before written a review for trip advisor, but my recent stay at this 'Comfort Inn' was so bad, I am prompted to write in an effort to help others avoid such an experience . The buiilding had a bad smell, there was NO HEAT in the bathroom at all and it was very cold- hot water did eventually come after running water a long time. Heater in the main room was not effective and was very loud. Breakfast was poor, shuttle only once an hour and both coming and going we had to fight for a seat as shuttle was over booked and we were going to be left behind! You have to call from airport to request your shuttle pick up, but then the driver did not seem to know who he was there to pick up and anyone can get into the shuttle whether they have called for pick up or not! When I called to request pick up I told the receptionist I was at Terminal 1, she told me I was wrong but that I was at Terminal 3 and then sent the shuttle to pick us up at Terminal 3... I WAS at Terminal 1! I have another reservation at this hotel but will be cancelling and will never stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I wanted to sincerely apologize for your displeasure with our hotel. I am very regretful that you were so unhappy and I promise that we will take your comments to heart and work on this issues so future guests are not unhappy as well.

I will have our maintenance department look at both the washroom and main bedroom heaters. We use high-quality commercial grade heaters/air conditioning systems for our guest rooms, however as with all mechanical devices, maintenance is important, so I will have my staff look into the efficiency of all of them.

I wanted to apologize for the breakfast you had at our hotel as well. Our complimentary breakfast is comparable to all mid-scale chains and follows our brand standards set out by Choice Hotels. Our breakfast includes, hot and cold cereal, fresh made to order waffles, fruit, eggs, breakfast meat, yogurt, pastries (including muffins), coffee, tea and juices. If anything was missing from this list, while you were here, I am very remorseful.

With regards to the shuttle. It is true that our shuttle goes to the airport on the hour, however we have never left a guest behind and continually go until all of our guests are taken to the airport. The airport however asks for us to be considerate with our shuttle and limit trips, to help with congestion at the airport. I am so sorry that people jumped in front of you. It's very hard to control excited guests looking to get to the airport, or guests that are cold after coming back for a tropic destination. Again, this is no excuse and we are frequently looking into way to make this a better situation for our guests.

I feel absolutely terrible that you had such an negative experience at our hotel. We want all of our guests to be happy, and I would like to make this up to you. Please contact me directly so I can make amends.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Toronto, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed the night before our trip and we were quite pleased. Yes the hotel is older in some parts, but they are renovating and it is very clean. We were up at 3 AM for our flight and Ziva made sure that we had a packed "to go" brown bag breakfast for each of us. How thoughtful! Again, it is the service, cleanliness and proximity to the airport that we will us use this hotel again. Shuttle was on time and picked us up at the airport 5 minutes after we called. Car stays on property for the whole week. Great service and location!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for your candid words about our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to accommodating you in the near future.
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We have stayed here twice, just before or after a Park/Sleep & Fly holiday. Note: if you contact the lovely Sales Manager, Ziva Zahler, she will better the price of your quote! She is very helpful and goes the extra mile. When we told her we were going to Cuba, she gaves us 2 Toblerone bars and kids books to give to a family! She is a very special, warm and helpful person and her good nature and generosity speaks volumes for the character and caring of this hotel.

The rooms are spacious, the bed very comfortable, with choice of pillows.The room was very clean and spacious, and the desk and table area were well appointed with free Wifi. We found the bathroom quite spacious, very modern, clean and up-to-date, with a sink area outside of the toilet and tub/shower.

There is an excellent, complimentary breakfast. The shuttle is very prompt and all the staff including the shuttle driver (Caesar -like the salad! are great too!).
The shuttle seems to run regularly, and very promptly. Being so close to the airport alleviates some of the rush and anxiety in getting there, or returning home in the middle of the night. You will reel relaxed and pampered!

Ziva -Thanks for your Excellent Service, Big warm hug, and chocolate bars and books for the Cuban kids. I promised I would write and review to thank you for the great accomodation and kindness -so here I am! There were 4 of us in mid-February and you gave us each a big chocolate bar! L & M, J & C from London, Ontario. Cheers to Ziva and all the great staff!

We highly recommend this place -give it a try!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank-you for staying with us twice, we hope that you will continue to stay with us in the future.

I wanted to thank-you for your kind words about our rooms and staff.

Best wishes for a happy summer.
brockville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stay in various branded hotels every week including a lot of Comfort Inns but like the Airport Inn and stay there often. The best part of this hotel is the consistent friendly service. It is not a new property but has been renovated. Rosanne and her colleague on the afternoon shift are superb. The early morning staff are great and actually have my bill processed and waiting for me.

I don't use the shuttle van but the drivers always say Hi as does your maintenace person. The pub and restaurant have great service and very good food.

It's clean, friendly and excellent value. DD

Room Tip: Internet service is great but if you need it ask for a room that has good reception. Their breakfast...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
I wanted to thank-you for choosing our hotel to stay in while travelling through Toronto Pearson International Airport. We appreciate your business.

I wanted to also thank-you for your kind words about Rosanne and Cisline (our nighttime guest service agents) and how they offer consistently friendly service.

We are continuing to renovate our guest bathrooms and I am sure you will see the upgrades on your next visit. I hope that they suit you.

Again, we look forward to having you return in the hopefully near future.
Kincardine, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here at the beginning and end of our trip.
Always the best in customer service.
No complaints other then I dont like the pillows but thats me, clean big room. Wifi is fast.
Breakfast had enough choices for us.
Shuttle bus picking us up took longer then normal, usually its like 5 min, was about 15 but thats ok.
They gave us late checkout again because we checked in at 3:30am coming home.
Will always stay here as long as it stays as good

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for taking the time to review our hotel and for making us your preferred choice while travelling through the area.

We just added new pillows (hard and soft) but it's hard to find the perfect pillow for every head. I never get the perfect sleep unless I am sleeping on my pillow at home. I hope that you sleep was restful however.

Thank-you for your remarks about our customer service. It is something we work hard to achieve and I am happy to hear that my staff was able to serve you.

We hope you will continue to choose our hotel, and next time you are in you are able to try the new hard or soft pillows that we have on our guest beds.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We are a group of 12-20 flying out of Pearson airport for the past four years. From the first year we've stayed there we have been so impressed with the excellent service,clean and spacious rooms, personalized treatment, prompt shuttle service anytime of the day or night, and the excellent complimentary buffet breakfast. Not to mention the wonderful staff (Ziva we love you) Location is perfect and a great value for your $.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your business and I wanted to say thanks for continuing to choose our hotel for your travels.

I am glad that you found the service you received to be helpful and that you enjoyed our rooms.

We look forward to having you back next spring.
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

First time we've stayed at the Comfort Inn on Feb. 25th and again on March 11th2013. We left our car for 2 weeks and we were treated like gold thanks to the wonderful staff. We arrived and to our delight had a beautiful suite as there were 3 of us. Most hotels would have just added a cot, but thanks to the wonderful General Manager, Ziva, we were given a separate bedroom with 2 king beds and pull out couch. On our return, we arrived to the shuttle waiting for us, which was a great surprise and got to their restaurant 10 minutes before closure and the cook made us a wonderful pizza, even though he was closing up. I can't say enough about this lovely hotel and especially Ziva, who goes the extra mile for her guests. Perfect stay...perfect location..PERFECT STAFF. Thanks Ziva!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank-you for staying with us and for taking a moment to write a beautiful review about our hotel. I am so happy to hear that Ziva and our staff treated you so well and that you were so happy with the service you received.

We hope to see you back here in the near future.

Been to Comfort Inn Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!