“Held true to their word. They promised to make up for a shortfall.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Toronto Airport

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6355 Airport Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1E4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2 Trips, 1 Night Free*
Ranked #17 of 58 Hotels in Mississauga
Hamilton, Canada
“Held true to their word. They promised to make up for a shortfall.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My Wife and I booked this hotel in Nov. 2010. Room and staff were great. The problem was the Wheelchair acessible parking. I contacted them after my vacation and explained my dissatifaction. I was told if I book again with this Hotel, Ziva would make up for this incedent. I just booked this Hotel for an up and coming Vacation. I sent an email and with in minuets she responded. She kept her word and made good her promise to make up for that past incedent. We are happy and looking forward to returning. Truly a great place to stay over night before your vacation. Everthing in one place Room, Food, Parking and transfers to and from airport all at a very reasonable price. John from Hamilton

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
I wanted to start off by thanking you for returning to our hotel, despite issues your first stay. I hate to see discontented guests and though it's hard to admit sometimes, everyone makes mistakes. It was our error on your initial visit which it regretful, however I am happy to see that you were accommodated correctly on your second visit.

Again, thank-you for bringing forth your concerns and allowing us the opportunity to make things right. We hope to see you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Stratford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I booked a Park, Fly and Sleep online one Sunday evening early in January 2013. We indicated that our return flight would be arriving around 2 am, therefore a very late check-in. I printed the confirmation, and the phone rang immediately after. Ziva, the sales director for Comfort Inn was on the phone and informed us that she just received the reservation. She told us she would book a room at the back of the hotel so the early risers wouldn't disturb us. Ziva also told us to make sure we put the do not disturb sign on the door so that the maid wouldn't knock. Then she told us she booked us for a late check-out (noon). I was so surprised at the excellent customer service! When we arrived at the hotel after our trip - our flight was delayed, so we didn't arrive until 5 am. A Toblerone chocolate bar with Ziva's card on it awaited us in our room - very nice touch. At such a crazy time to be getting to bed, a bed never felt so good! The room was very comfortable, with free wi-fi, and a breakfast. The price was excellent as well. Would I stay here again - definitely! One last thing - we arrived after a snow storm and someone from the hotel helped me shovel our car out - what a help that was!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about your stay.

Your comments about our staff were much appreciated. We work hard to make sure that all of our guests are treated with the upmost respect and gratitude. Our guests are the reason we are operating and less than stellar admiration is not an option. I am sorry to hear that this kind of attitude is not common place.

I am also sorry to hear that you were snowed in (this was a fierce winter), but happy to hear that our driver helped dig you out.

We hope to see you soon.
Wasaga Beach, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is our second time using this Comfort Inn as a "Park & Fly" and continue to be impressed with the service. When the manager, Ziva, found out we were taking an early morning flight she arranged for "brown bag breakfasts" for us. Our rooms have always been close to the lobby so we don't have far to haul all our luggage. The rooms are clean, quiet and well supplied. Everyone from the front desk to the shuttle driver is friendly and willing to help with any special requests.
Parking has never been an issue.
When we heard that there was going to be a snow storm in Toronto upon our return flight we phoned ahead and booked a room for that night. Again, Ziva looked after us and there was a room waiting for us upon landing.
The next morning we finally had the opportunity to take advantage of the Comfort Inn's free breakfast. We were expecting a basic breakfast but were surprised to see scrambled eggs, sausage and a wide selection of other breakfast goodies. Impressed!
Will definitely be returning for our next trip and have no concerns in recommending Comfort Inn Toronto Airport.
Disclaimer: we have never met Ziva in person.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Perfect isn't a word that is used often in our world, and I am so pleased that you felt your recent stay warranted that kind of response. It was our delight to serve you.

I am happy to hear that you were able to participate in our new and improved breakfast. All Comfort Inn's are now offering this wide array of items. We know that breakfast is an important meal, especially for the traveler.

I am so happy you will be returning and thank-you for your kind words and recommendations.
Barrie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Don't show up early for your room. They won't let you check in before 3pm. Not even a couple minutes before. The shuttle is very dirty old van. Very cramped. Will try to shove 10 people in a mini van even though they advertise a large new shuttle. The room was ok. I picked this hotel for the parking while away, not for quality. I noticed the Hilton almost next door and I will be choosing that hotel next time I fly. Shuttle took forever to pick us up when we called for pickup coming home. Our car was blocked in by piles of snow. Driver was nice enough to shovel car out but told us to move the car right after. I could hardly understand him. And than stood around for a tip. I was too mad by this point to give him one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
hank-you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review.

I wanted to apologize for the long wait at the airport upon your return from your trip. I am assuming that you came back sometime soon after the massive storm that we had. Over 30 cm of snow fell in less than a day. It did cause some dangerous slow driving conditions. Even though we are minutes from the airport it was difficult for our driver's to get back and forth from the airport. It also caused a lot of havoc and build up of snow, especially around the cars parked at the hotel. I am so sorry that you weren't happy. I am glad however that my driver helped dig you out. The day after the storm our staff worked all day to dig out all guest cars before guests returned, but I guess you came back before this time. I am very regretful that we weren't able to help make your transition home smoother.

I am also sorry that you were unable to check in until 3pm. We don't normally have to have guests wait, however during this time of year we are very busy and the housekeepers work hard to make sure the rooms are cleaned well and in good time, still it is hard to have them all cleaned before 3pm if we are busy the night before, as not every guest checks out before 11am. I wanted to let you know however that if a room if available early our guest service staff works hard to try to accommodate all guests even if they arrive early.

I am sorry to hear that you will not be joining usin the future. I do hope that you change your mind. If not I wish you and your family very happy travels.
Goderich
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in mid-January before our trip. It was too late when we got to the hotel, to find another hotel that including parking. We knew as soon as we walked into the front lobby that this hotel was neglected for a long time, and very dirty. The room was not clean nor was the bathroom. I would not walk on the carpet in my bare feet. Upon our return, we waited over an hour at the airport to be picked up... only to find that the air has been let out of the tires of the vehicle, back at the hotel. Very, very disappointed. I thought the Comfort Inn's would have at least average quality and cleanliness, but that is not the case with this hotel. I will not be back, and I do not recommend it for anyone, even on a budget. I rated the service as terrible due to the long delay at the airport. The weather was clear and it was the last flight, so there was no reason for the delay.

Room Tip: I do NOT recommend this hotel. It's old and dirty and your car is not safe there. I would slee...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thanks for your review of our hotel.

I am terribly disappointed to read that your were so unhappy with our hotel. We have recently done many renovations and upgrades including brand new carpet in the rooms. Therefore you can understand that I am so regretful that your experience was not ideal and that you didn't like the quality of our hotel.

I have passed along your comments to our housekeeping department so that they may learn from this experience and work to make sure future guests don't have a similar experience.

As well, I am very sorry that your tire had no air in it when you returned. We monitor all our vehicles, unlike most hotel in the area and safety and security of our guests and their belongings is of upmost importance. I am sorry we missed this and I will personally look into this to see if I can see anything odd on our cameras or if it was a case of the weather, etc. I hope this doesn't give you a negative impression of the area.

I am terribly sorry that you were disappointed and won't be joining us in the future.
Barrie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here for the "stay and fly package" and I have to say that it was absolutely perfect.
We have stayed here 4 times now and it just gets better.The accommodations were perfect and nobody can beat their shuttle service.Your never waiting for more than 10 minutes for someone to pick you up.Staff is super friendly and always make you feel welcome. They set the standard that everyone else should follow.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank-you for your kind words about our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you are a repeat guest and that you have been satisified with the service you have received.

We hope to see you soon.
borden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Hotel shuttle was waiting for us when we arrived. Check in staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean and quiet. The topper for me was the continental breakfast. When travel with 2 small kids its nice to be able to grab a quick bite before your flight. No waiting for a server or a bill. We left happy, full and refreshed for our long flight. Way better than expected for the price.
Thanks Comfort Inn

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank-you for staying with us and your kind words about our hotel. I am glad that you were able to try our breakfast and that it was a nice addition for your family.

I hope you have a wonderful 2013 and we hope to see you soon.

Been to Comfort Inn Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!