“A wonderful family experience!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Toronto Airport

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6355 Airport Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1E4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2 Trips, 1 Night Free*
Ranked #18 of 58 Hotels in Mississauga
Ontario
“A wonderful family experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I loved our stay at the Comfort Inn! They treated us like family and made us feel so at home! Our flight left early in the morning and we had to be at the airport by about 3am so they made sure we had some breakfast foods waiting in our room for us to have before we left. Ziva is a wonderful woman who works for the hotel and she is a doll! She went out of her way to help us and to make our stay a good one! She even called when we got there to make sure we were settled in and that everything was good! The hotel was quiet and the parking as just next door, a 3min walk back to the hotel. Our van was safe and the parking lot was clear of snow when we got back! Our shuttle driver to and from the airport was lovely and did an excellent job! I totally recommend this hotel to anyone! They will take good care of you! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank-you for staying with us and writing a review about our hotel. We are glad that you were able to use our "stay and fly" package and that you were happy with the service you received.

We hope to continue to be your choice while travelling out of Pearson International Airport.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is a excellent hotel to stay at before and after your trip, we have never had any problems and the service is very good. Ziva and her staff take care of your every needs.

I highly recommend staying here, the continental breakfast in the morning is awesome and there is a pub to grab a quick lunch or dinner while you are staying there, we ate there on our recent stay on Jan 24th and the food was good.

We love this hotel mostly because it is the closest to the airport, free shuttle service and because Ziva and her staff take such good care of us, we would not stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: We had a room on the main floor close to the front and it was really nice but then any room is nice...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
We are so happy when we hear our guests are satisfied with the service we provide them. We are even more delighted when a guest tells us they will continue to use our service in the future.

Thank-you for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
London Ont. Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We have stayed at Comfort Inn a number of times in 2011 & 20012. We found the rates to be reasonable and the parking on site to be a positive for us. We pre book & requested ground floor rooms as I have difficulty with stairs especially when carrying luggage. Only once did we receive our request as was pre booked. The remainder of the time we had to wait to get a room that was on the lower floors. As we only sleep for a few hours prior to our flights we found the rooms acceptable. The hotel in general is run down. The halls are smelly and not inviting. Desk staff are accommodating . The Shuttle driver Cesar makes this hotel. He is friendly and personable. Drop off and pickups are handled well, never more than 15 minutes usually much less..
Since a lot of flights are very early in the morning a continental break fast starting at 4 might be an idea.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
I wanted to write to thank-you for your review of our hotel.

I am sorry that you had to wait for a room on the first floor. Unfortunately due to the structure of the building it would be impossible to add an elevator. For this reason, our ground floor is very popular and therefore not always ready before check-in time.

I was also sorry to hear that you found the halls uninviting. We recently put brand new carpeting in all our hallways, and I believe they really make the hallways pop. We are looking into changing the hallway fixtures in the summer and I hope that this will also enhance the corridors.

I am delighted to hear that you were happy with the shuttle service. We work hard to make sure our guests are transported quickly, safely and with kindness to and from the airport. I will pass along your comments to our driver.

I hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to better suit your needs.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as a "Park & Fly" option before starting a two week vacation. I must say that I never write reviews but felt I have to let fellow travelers know about this hotel! Our check in was fairly smooth but thats where it ended. The "Non smoking" room smelled like a week old ashtray. The washroom looked like it was painted in 10 minutes with a mop. The furniture is old and the bed is dead! The hotel smells like an old shoe and needs a complete overhaul. We read the reviews prior to booking this hotel. I can't imagine anyone writing a glowing review about this hotel. Have you ever stayed at a nice hotel? I think not! The "historic" shuttle was on it's last legs. The van was full of garbage and hasn't been vacuumed in years. When we arrived back from our holidays we called the hotel twice to let them know we were waiting in the freezing cold. Over 50 minutes later, buddy finally arrived only to get out of the van and open the rear doors. We loaded our own luggage, closed the doors along with the side doors. (This effort was too much for our driver as it was too cold.) We tried to complain to the front desk when we arrived at the hotel but she was too busy laughing and chatting with a friend on the phone. When we returned to our vehicle we found that someone decided to let the air out of our tires on our $70,000 vehicle. We had to find a gas station at 1am to have the tires pumped up......I was much too tired to complain again at the front desk. I just wanted my experience with this hotel to end. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT stay here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I wanted to take this moment to thank-you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. I am terribly sorry that our hotel did not match your expectations.

It is true that we are a small family run hotel. We are not like the big high-rise chains down the street. With this said, we work hard to make sure all of our guests feel like family and I am very regretful to hear that you were unhappy.

We have and will continue to update our hotel as the need arises. We recently replaced all the hallway carpets, re-tiled the front lobby, installed new mattresses and televisions for our guest rooms. We will be doing additional renovations on our guest washrooms in the coming months.

I am very sorry about the shuttle service. It is normally very prompt and I will be looking into this soon to make sure that service does not slip. I can assure you that our shuttle is very well-maintained, and not "on it's last legs". In the winter months, as you can imagine it is hard to continually clean the interior of a vehicle, especially one being used so often, however our drivers work hard to make sure that the van is maintained with car washes, vacuums, etc.

I also wanted to apologize for the flat tire you experienced during your stay. We do regular vehicle checks, however if we missed this I am sorry. I can't apologize for the vandals that didn't take kind to your vehicle, but I can apologize for not noticing and correcting the situation earlier.

I hope that you call the hotel directly, so perhaps we can fix this for you. I tried to look up your information in the reservation system, but I can't find you. We don't offer 2 weeks of parking in the winter, so I hope that you are reviewing the correct hotel. If it is us, please don't hesitate to call me directly.
ST Marys
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Had a Wedding group stay the night prior at the Comfort Inn Toronto Airport & they had cupcakes for the entire party and a table set aside for the party in the adjoining Bar n Grill ...Now that is service with a smile. What a lovely way to start a vacation!!

Thanks to Ziva & her staff!!..we'll be back time and time again!!

St Marys, Ontario

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank-you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate your candid comments.

We wish the bride and groom that were part of your group a very happy, healthy and long life together.

Again, thanks for your review. We hope to see you soon.
London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Dirty, tired and smelly. The sign in the lobby says Rated #1 in 2011. How that happened is beyond me. Waited at airport for more than one hour, for the shuttle - even having called twice for it and being told they were ten minutes away. Will never EVER stay here again. Corporate may want to have a look at this location. Definitely not up to Comfort standards. Shame on you. All of you.

Room Tip: Choose an entirely different hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank-you for your review of our hotel. I am very sorry to see that you were not happy with your stay. From previous reviews you can see that most people are quite happy with our service and accomodations, and therefore I am very disappointed that you were not.

We strive to serve all of our guests and to make their stay is truly enjoyable. I can guarantee you that our hotel measures upto all the standards set out by choice hotels. In fact, choice hotels inspects their hotels semi-annually and our hotel has always received very high marks for cleanliness. Still, I will pass your comments along to our housekeeping department for review.

I wanted to take this opportunity to also apologize for the long wait at the airport. We are located across the street from the airport, however at certain busy times shuttle service can not always be immediate. We are looking into ways to rectify this issue. I am very sorry for the wait.

I do hope that you will give us another chance in the future and allow us the opportunity to serve you better.
Brockville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I are extremely impressed with this hotel, after having stayed here several times. This latest trip deserves a special mention. We used the Park and Fly option, staying one night at the end of the trip, which was for my Mother's Funeral. Much of the stress was relieved by the compassion and attention given to us by Ziva, and the rest of the staff. We were able to get much needed rest in a comfortable bed and had an excellent breakfast next morning, all for a very reasonable price. The shuttle was prompt to and from the airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank-you for staying with us at the Comfort Inn Toronto Airport. I am happy to hear that you have stayed several times, and I hope that you will continue to choose our hotel in the future.

I am very sorry to hear that your mother passed and I wanted to send along my condolences from all the staff here.

Been to Comfort Inn Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!