“Not Impressed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Toronto Airport

You added Comfort Inn Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6355 Airport Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1E4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #15 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Windsor, Canada
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We travelled Nov 3-10 on a reverse park & fly. No problems leaving the car for the week and our flight arrived on the Saturday @ 2 a.m. Called the shuttle and it arrived within 5-10 minutes, no issues there. Ziva arranged for us to have a nice room, which they changed on us on arrival. Front desk staff not warm and friendly that early in the morning. Said could only extend our late check out by one hour (we arrived @ the hotel @ 3 a.m.) Maid knocked on the door (with the Do Not Disturb sign on) at 11 a.m. Front Desk called the room @ 11:45 a.m. to make sure we were leaving by 12. Room was tiny, haphazardly renovated and the airconditioner sounded like a freight train. Not sure we would return.

Room Tip: Couldn't find an elevator so had to carry huge suitcase up to second floor room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank-you for staying with us and giving us feedback about your stay. All of our rooms are appointed with the same furniture, etc. I am sorry to hear that you were moved to a room that you didn't request, however I can assure you that all of our rooms, except for the type of beds are identical.

I have past along your comments to both my maintenance and housekeeping department to make sure that issues that you experienced are addressed.

I am very sorry that you felt rushed and disturbed by our housekeeping staff. This is not the case, we appreciate your business and want you to feel at home.

I do hope that you will try us again the future and allow us the opportunity to change your opinion about our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Prince Edward Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

About what you'd expect from a Comfort Inn most places. This one is clean and very friendly, comfortable, and the included buffet-type breakfast is top notch. It's close enough to the airport to be a quick trip on the shuttle service which the hotel runs either all night or at least into the wee hours and, for a hotel convenient to a major airport, it's inexpensive.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you have much luggage ask for a room on the main floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for taking the time to give us feedback about your recent stay. It is true that we run shuttle 24 hour a day to and from Toronto Pearson International Airport for the convenience of our guests. I am glad that you were able to use this service.

I also wanted to thank-you for your comments about our cleanliness, service and newly updated free breakfast. In January all Comfort Inn's started serving a new breakfast that includes; eggs, breakfast meat, waffles, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, fruit, toast and pastries, coffee and tea. I am very happy to hear the positive feedback regarding this new addition.

I hope that we will see you again soon.
Angus, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We are six ladies (3 rooms)who go every fall for executive meeting. Ziva always goes above and beyond to make sure that the Concord Room is ready for our meeting. All the staff are helpful-- on the last visit about 11pm the smoke alarm began to beep, called desk and someone was there within 29 minutes to change the battery. The food for the most part is Ok you are only there for one or two meals and there is something on the menu you can eat. The continental breakfast is one of the better one's we have found
To all the staff ThankYou

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank-you for your review and for continuing to use our hotel for your meetings. We are happy that we can host you when you come.

I wanted to take this opportunity for your wonderful review and kind words about Ziva and the rest of the staff here at the Comfort Inn Toronto Airport.

We hope to see you again soon.
Newcastle, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Ziva was fantastic at responding quickly and getting us booked in and everything arranged.

Room was clean and beds comfortable. Parking a bit of a hassle but I've been to worse.

Had dinner at the adjoining pizza place and the meal was less than acceptable. Pizza was like chewing leather and I had salad but they have one dressing and one only - "Italian" (yuck).

Our bagged breakfast was disappointing (our flight left early so we couldn't have the continental breakfast) Our bagged breakfast consisted of a bag of chips, a chocolate bar, smarties (now does that sound like a leftover Halloween bag) a honey bun and horrible orange cocktail (not even juice) and for the highlight a dried out dinner role with a pat of butter. Since I have to be sugar conscious, it meant no breakfast. By the time we got to the airport checked in and cleared security I was starved and really not feeling well.

Shuttle bus - quick and easy.

I'd probably do it again but I'd make sure I brought my own food along since what's there is pretty horrible and once parked you won't want to squeeze out of the limited spots available.

Having said that - we didn't go there to eat - we went there for a good nights sleep before a flight and have a place to leave the car and not worry. So if certainly filled the order.

Room Tip: Stay on the main floor - lugging suitcases upstairs wouldn't be much fun.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
I wanted to thank-you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I also wanted to thank-you for staying with us.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize as you were not happy with the meals you received. Unfortunately, the pizza restaurant at our hotel is leased and therefore I do not have direct operational control over it. However, I have passed along your concerns to the chef there, with hopes that he can change this for future patrons.

Again, thank-you for staying with us. We hope to see you in the future.
ontario canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

The folks at the comfort Inn are willing to go the extra mile to help. Last Oct we were late arriving & fearful of missing our flight ... we were driven over to our terminal in personal vehicles in order not to miss the flight !! ... This year we choose the Comfort Inn again & were very satisfied with everything.

Room Tip: ask for ground floor ... no elevator
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and your kind words about our staff.

We hope that we will continue to be your preferred choice while flying in and out of Toronto Pearson International Airport.
Kirkland Lake, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My first experience is always with Ziva when making a reservation. She has a wonderful and genuine personality. Ziva took care of all my needs and I know that I don't have to worry about a thing. On my return, I was greeted by Cesar who drove the shuttle. He actually beat me to the post after I called to let them know that I had arrived at the airport. Checking in was effortless and I was able to get to the business of sleeping in a very comfortable and clean room. In the morning, I enjoyed the hot breakfast with a nice glass of orange juice. Checking out was also easy and a pretty young lady recognized me from previous visits. Ziva even came out to make sure that everything was in order, and it was so nice to have a chat with her.

I have recommended this hotel to friends and clients who have also been very happy with service and room. Well done! Thank you again so much. Best wishes, Hendrik

Room Tip: If you have lots of luggage or if you issues with walking, ask for a room located on the ground flo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
I wanted to thank-you for staying with us and for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay.

Ziva is always so happy to help our guests, and she was happy that you continue to stay with us and recommend us to others.

Again, thanks for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Levis, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed here twice in one week, between flights. The hotel is conveniently located and the rooms are old-fashioned but ok, given the affordable price. Unlike most reviewers, I found reception staff to be very indifferent.

The reasons I will try to find another hotel for my transits in Toronto are the following:

- there are a number of Comfort Inns in the area, all of whom send badly indicated shuttles to the aiport for pickup. I stepped into the shuttle labled "Comfort Inn Toronto Aiport", never thinking this might be the wrong one. Finally had to take a taxi to the correct hotel for 20$. Politely recommended to reception staff that they should better label their shuttles and/or tell the drivers to confirm with passengers that they have the right shuttle. Reception staff shrugged this off, seemed to think it was my fault for stepping into a shuttle labled with the exact name of thier hotel. They said that someone should have warned me/my travel agent at the time of booking. They did not.

- The hotel rooms are not very well isolated for noise. During one of my stays I could hear the person in the room next to me snoring. On both occasions I heard doors slamming shut and all conversations in the hallway, even in lower voices. This is a bit inconvenient when you only have a few hours to sleep. Highly recommend earplugs.

- Strong soapy smell in the room.

- Very slow internet connection.

- Woke up at 3:30 am during my second stay, with a very itchy foot. Looked at my foot and there were 3-4 bumps on my foot in a perfect row. After this I couldn't stay in the bed, so I packed and left the room. Told the person at reception, who told me they have never had problems, but she "could ask her manager to have the room checked", as if this was my decision to make/would make up for the lost sleep. At this point I just wanted to pay and get out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your recent stays at our hotel.

First, I wanted to apologize for the confusion regarding our airport shuttle service. There are a few different Comfort Inn's near the airport which also have airport in their names. We are the only one that is right at the airport and our phone number is listed on our pick-up van. As well, our shuttle drivers confirm that the passenger that they are picking up is indeed scheduled to stay with us. Other Comfort Inn's are separately owned and operator and may not ask guests, which I do believe can cause some confusion. I am regretful that you were not treated respectfully by our guest service staff once you arrived however.

Noise is an issue at all busy hotels unfortunately. We do have fire rated walls, however some guests are loud and this can cause distractions for guests that are lighter sleepers. I am very sorry that you did not get a good night's sleep.

Lastly, we have our guest rooms checked weekly by a registered pest company. This is preventative maintenance, as we have not had pests problems in the past. I hope that it wasn't an allergic reaction that you experienced.

I hope that you will try us again in the future, and let us change your opinion of our hotel.

Been to Comfort Inn Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!