I stayed here twice in one week, between flights. The hotel is conveniently located and the rooms are old-fashioned but ok, given the affordable price. Unlike most reviewers, I found reception staff to be very indifferent.
The reasons I will try to find another hotel for my transits in Toronto are the following:
- there are a number of Comfort Inns in the area, all of whom send badly indicated shuttles to the aiport for pickup. I stepped into the shuttle labled "Comfort Inn Toronto Aiport", never thinking this might be the wrong one. Finally had to take a taxi to the correct hotel for 20$. Politely recommended to reception staff that they should better label their shuttles and/or tell the drivers to confirm with passengers that they have the right shuttle. Reception staff shrugged this off, seemed to think it was my fault for stepping into a shuttle labled with the exact name of thier hotel. They said that someone should have warned me/my travel agent at the time of booking. They did not.
- The hotel rooms are not very well isolated for noise. During one of my stays I could hear the person in the room next to me snoring. On both occasions I heard doors slamming shut and all conversations in the hallway, even in lower voices. This is a bit inconvenient when you only have a few hours to sleep. Highly recommend earplugs.
- Strong soapy smell in the room.
- Very slow internet connection.
- Woke up at 3:30 am during my second stay, with a very itchy foot. Looked at my foot and there were 3-4 bumps on my foot in a perfect row. After this I couldn't stay in the bed, so I packed and left the room. Told the person at reception, who told me they have never had problems, but she "could ask her manager to have the room checked", as if this was my decision to make/would make up for the lost sleep. At this point I just wanted to pay and get out.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your recent stays at our hotel.
Report response as inappropriate
First, I wanted to apologize for the confusion regarding our airport shuttle service. There are a few different Comfort Inn's near the airport which also have airport in their names. We are the only one that is right at the airport and our phone number is listed on our pick-up van. As well, our shuttle drivers confirm that the passenger that they are picking up is indeed scheduled to stay with us. Other Comfort Inn's are separately owned and operator and may not ask guests, which I do believe can cause some confusion. I am regretful that you were not treated respectfully by our guest service staff once you arrived however.
Noise is an issue at all busy hotels unfortunately. We do have fire rated walls, however some guests are loud and this can cause distractions for guests that are lighter sleepers. I am very sorry that you did not get a good night's sleep.
Lastly, we have our guest rooms checked weekly by a registered pest company. This is preventative maintenance, as we have not had pests problems in the past. I hope that it wasn't an allergic reaction that you experienced.
I hope that you will try us again in the future, and let us change your opinion of our hotel.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.