“Staff and shuttle service were great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Toronto Airport

You added Comfort Inn Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6355 Airport Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1E4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in Mississauga
windsor
“Staff and shuttle service were great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Great location, great staff and the shuttle was very fast.
Ziva is the best, she does anything in her power to make sure you are happy.

Thanks Ziva

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Thank-you very much for your review of our hotel. I have passed along your kind words to Ziva, our sales director and she was touched.

We hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Inn as part of a park and fly package, prior to a trip to the West Coast. Hotel is clean and conveniently located right by the Toronto Airport. Shuttle service was excellent with a very entertaining narrative provided by our driver, Cesar. Accomodations are very basic, but suited our needs just fine.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for your kind review about our hotel. We hope that you will use our hotel for future visits through Toronto.
x
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Stayed here at the front and end of a vacation. Had no problems with the airport shuttle. Hotel is directly across the street from the airport and close to many restaurants and banks. Rooms were clean and staff was pleasant.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
York, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

We landed at Pearson airport (Toronto) at 6pm. By the time we had collected our bags it was just before 7pm. A quick phone call to the Comfort Inn and we were told to wait near "pillar S5" on the ground floor. We waited, and we waited and we waited - for 45 minutes. In that time scores of shuttle buses from other hotels had come and gone.
When we eventually got to the hotel we were told the bus goes every hour from the hotel back to the airport - one the hour.
We were up early the next day. Breakfast is served from 06:30 and we wanted the 07:0 free transfer bus. At 06:20 there wer already a sizeable amount of people milling around the lobby area of the hotel. The shuttle driver arrived and told everyone that it was first come first served. He had space for 6 people. The shuttle eventually left at 06:40 and left people behind. I have no idea whether or not he did an extra trip or whether they had to wait an hour for the next one.
The hotel is close to Pearson International Airport. The check-in staff were pleasant and the rooms modern and clean.
We were due to stay at the Comfort Inn a week later but we couldn't risk the farce with the shuttle buses so we cancelled and rebooked at the Hilton. $10 cheaper and we saw their buses leaving every 10 minutes.

Room Tip: Don't rely on the free shuttle for the airport
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
I wanted to write you a quick note of thanks for writing a review about our hotel. I also wanted to take this opportunity to apologize for the confusion regarding our shuttle.

Our shuttle departs hourly from the hotel, however we take multiple trips to and from the hotel if there is a need (more people waiting than shuttle seats available). We would never make a guest wait until the next hour to receive a shuttle.

From the airport, we pick up on demand. We ask guests to call us and we can normally arrive to pick up from the airport within 5 minutes. I am not sure how we missed you, I feel terrible.

We hope that you will try us again, and let us change your mind about our shuttle service, which is normally very timely and efficient.

Again, thanks for your comments.
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

An airport hotel is rarely a holiday destination for any traveller; rather, it's a temporary place of refuge. I am happy to report that this unassuming little hotel offers that and much more.
When you come at the hotel from the side, you might be tempted to pass it by. I have to say, they have done an admirable job in sprucing up this two-storey establishment. The hotel lobby is hip-'n-cool. Yes, the corridors have low drop-ceilings, but any seasoned traveller will be able to get past such details and appreciate the many ways they have polished up this rough little gem. The one night that I stayed there was very pleasant. The room was clean, comfortable, and unexpectedly quiet - a bonus when you have to work seated at the desk through have the night. I appreciated the rooms many appointments: crisp linens, comfortable mattress, black-out curtains, flat-screen television, good internet connection (very important to me) and a lovely bathroom with granite finishes. A continental breakfast was included, and gave me what I needed to start my day.
In the end, however, a good hotel experience hinges on the quality of its staff. Moments after I made my reservation online, I received a call from Ziva, the hotel's Sales Director, thanking me for my reservation, and to confirm the details. The warmth and professionalism that she exhibited both on the telephone and in person, was demonstrated by the entire staff - from the front desk to the shuttle bus driver.
Why did I select this hotel initailly? I chose it because of the incredible parking privileges that it offers its guests. My one-night stay cost me under $100 (incl. taxes) - but it included 7 days of free onsite parking! Add it all up: you get tremendous value for your travel dollar.
I look forward to my next stay there.
Bravo to The-Little-Hotel-That-Could!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank-you for your warm words about our hotel and the staff that work here. I have posted your review on our staff board for all to see.

We hope to see you for many years to come.
COCHRANE, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

We recently stayed before and after our trip to Costa Rica, with the stay and park plan. It was so close to the airport, and the service - from the desk clerk, shuttle driver, cleaning staff, and management - to be so friendly, knowledgable and helpful.
We'll definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Thank-you very much for your kind words about your recent stay at our hotel.

I have posted your review on our employee board and everyone was delighted.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Webster, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night prior to a flight out of Toronto Airport. It was totally adequate for what we needed a clean (albeit well worn) hotel room. The staff was very friendly and accommodating - and when we arrived in the lobby at 4:50am to jump on the shuttle to the airport, they were very responsive when we asked for at least coffee while we were waiting, they rushed and brewed some and much appreciated whereas we were going to miss the continental breakfast put out at 6:30am. This hotel is right across the street from the airport and only took under 10 minutes to get there - a very smooth transition. We took advantage of the "Park and Ride" leaving our car at the hotel during our trip... this worked out great.

I posted a picture of the well worn corner of our bathroom but honestly overall the room was clean and this "wear" was easily overlooked.

The "Pub" on the other hand.... the food was VERY average.... and the drinks very expensive.... I would not recommend, there are many restaurants in the area so go somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!