“It was good for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Sandman Signature Mississauga Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5400 Dixie Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4W 4T4, Canada   |
Ranked #41 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Toronto, Canada
“It was good for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2006

We stayed at the Stage West Hotel for one night - Feb 11, 2005 - 2 connecting rooms at 129.00 Canadian each.

For the price of 129.00 each the rooms were very good - a living room area with amoire, television, couch, chair, coffee table and a separate bedroom behind french doors with another TV. There was also a good size desk, mirrored area, bathroom, microwave, coffee maker and lots of windows. The two rooms were mirror image of each other and connectedat the living room. This rate also include a buffet breakfast at the Haida Garden Cafe the next morning.

We arrived at 5pm to a line about 30 deep at reception and only 2 staff members checking guests in. It took a good 30 minutes to get to the desk. The hotel is looking a little run down and needs some freshening up of carpets & wallpaper.

The next morning breakfast was plentyful, hot & fresh with good service.

• Stayed February 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2006

We have not actually stayed at the Hotel but are subscribers to the Dinner/Theatre. We have always had wonderful dining service and the food is great.
I will tell you that we had a bad experience with our vehicle on the way to the theatre one evening and upon our arrival, we went into the main lobby to ask for assistance and the staff could not have been more helpful about how we were doing.
Just want to say "thanks so much" for the concern shown by your maintenance staff members and especially the front desk personnel. You guys were terrific !
Cheers -
Arnie and Carroll Hall

• Stayed July 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2005

I regularily stay at the Stagewest for business & personal travel from Winnipeg.
I have had mostly good experiences, ie. early check-in, upgrades to a suite, great food experiences.
Reservation system (on-line)is not very user-friendly & can use improvement.
Staff are always friendly.
Reservations made via the 1-800 # yesterday evening for today were very poor. The staff member (male) did
not understand/speak English well enough to make an accurate reservation. When I arrived,I found out he made many mistakes....frustrating because I spelled my name & contact info. several times!!
But, once I arrived at the hotel, the front desk personnel "fixed" the problem fast (much appreciated).
I will continue to stay here.
Also, the staff do not seem at all knowledeable about their "rewards program". Management needs to meet this need, as it reflects badly on the hotel.
Thanks,
C. G.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
Porto, Portugal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2005

My name is Maria de Lurdes and I'm from Portugal. This holidays I went to Canada, Toronto and I spent the night at this hotel. Due to the Canada day and some other events happening in Toronto at the time, no others were available. The agency finally booked me this one.
I have no complains about the room, the front desk and about the breakfast service.
However the hotel didn't offer the conditions to rest. At the middle of the night I was waken up by the noises of people fighting in the corridor. The noises didn't stop for MORE THAN ONE HOUR, and I must confess that I was afraid because no one from the hotel staff interfered to solve the situation. Some other guets tried to calm the things down, but they weren't succeed...
I honestly hope that this review improves something in this hotel; I especially expect this not to repeat.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2004

I did not have a good experience staying at Stage West. We were told in advance we'd have free shuttle service to the airport and that an early morning check-out would not be a problem. That was not the case! Several families were attempting to leave early and there wasn't a person around to assist us. You could have stolen the entire lobby because no one was at work. A janitor finally resurrected someone who ended up taking forever to get us out of there and then we were informed there was no one to drive us to the airport. A taxi was called but we had to pay for it -- and it was costly! We almost missed our flight because of the staff -- or lack of it. And good luck trying to get the management to even respond to a complaint. Frankly, I think everyone can do better than this place.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2003

I stay at the Stage West regularly while in the western Toronto area on business or in advance of flying out of Pearson Int'l Airport. This all-suites property is pristine throughout. The rooms are spacious and well furnished. The rates are reasonable. The hot & cold buffet breakfast (included with room) is terrific. I've not used the adjoining pool/aquatic centre, but it looks very good. Room service is very good. The hotel also boasts a large dinner theatre that offers a wide variety of performers. It is in walking distance of a half dozen good eateries and a few minutes drive to one of Toronto's largest malls, Square One. There is ample covered parking at the hotel and a no-charge van service to the airport.

Been to Sandman Signature Mississauga Hotel? Share your experiences!