“Again no complaints!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 59 Hotels in Mississauga
Cardiff, Wales
“Again no complaints!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2008

This is the second time we have stayed in this hotel. Again we found it suited our needs very well. The rooms are ample and clean. The bathrooms are clean and tidy, maybe a little curling up of the wallpaper in places, but not to the point of being scruffy. The breakfast (included in our rate) was the usual buffet. Fresh fruit, bacon/eggs/cereals/bagels etc. Eat as much as you want. Staff are always courteous. We regularly travel to Mississauga and would not bother looking for another hotel. They is always a stage show to go to. This is a dinner/show.

• Liked — Rooms are large suites. Can accommodate a larger family
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2008

I stayed at the Stage West Hotel for Two nights and have enjoyed staying here for the last 10 years. After reading some reviews I thought I would let people know that it is a great place to stay.

The rooms are very large for the price you pay. Stayed in some that have seperate bedroom/living room and others that are a large open L Shaped. Very Clean bathrooms, Pool was always great. They have a 3 story waterslide and jacuzzi.

There is a Theatre located in the Hotel and is very good. Great restaurant in walking distance. Sketchy Strip Club not reccomend people visiting. Hotel Staff are very polite and really want you to enjoy your stay which is always good. There is a games room, variety store, restaurant with bar (not the greatest) on the main floor hallway and a lounge area on the 2nd floor. Fast Elevators and normally don't wait for one aswell as a great parking garage.

RE: Negative reviews

Being able to stay in your hotel room an extra 3 hours is very good as most would never let you do that. I played in hockey tournaments there and they would always let us stay abit longer.

My negatives - The location is not the greatest for tourists planning on being in Toronto late as it is far and traffic in Toronto is very bad at times however, the hotel is located off Hwy 401 and is not bad getting there.

• Liked — Price and Quality you get
  • Disliked — not much to do around the hotel
  • Stayed May 2007
Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2007

We stayed at Stage West one night Sept. 16th. We booked the dinner theatre package. The hotel is nice, the room was large and clean, although a little dated. Front desk personnel were good. The theatre performance was good, but the dinner buffet was horrible. Most of the hot food was cold, and not of good quality. We were very disappointed. Also, we asked our server for coffee, but she never did bring it.

The buffet breakfast included with your room rate was okay, but again the food was not hot just warm.

We would stay at this hotel again, but would not waste money on the threatre dinner buffet.

• Liked — Lobby
  • Disliked — food
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Halethorpe, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2007

I don't usually base my hotel experience on one inicident or shortcomings. However, the problems should not have occured if proper maintenance was performed on a regular basis. In August 2007, I stayed at the hotel for two days. The first night the AC died on us and we endured sweltering heat through the night. The Manager moved us to another room only to experience a failed AC again. They finally moved us to a third room which actually had a working AC. Moving from room to room would not have been a problem if it wasn't for the manager's excuse of two rooms in a row to have failed AC. She "attempted" to explain this was the first time the ACs were getting a workout and they are starting to break down. Um, LADY - it's August!!!!!!!! You mean to tell me no one performed maintenance on the ACs at all for the summer???? Other than that everything else was fine except for the angry resturaunt bar tender. Fortunately, his nasty disposition was more funny than annoying or crude.

• Liked — The performance theatre and size
  • Disliked — Poor maintnance of rooms
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
Blackpool, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2007

I recently had the pleaure of staying at Stagewest for a convention. From my first contact from the UK to the minute I left I was made to feel special and appreciated. As a hotel manager myself (in the UK) I was perhaps more aware than others of possible shortcomings, but couldn't find any.
The rooms were spacious, clean, and well serviced. All the staff (receptionists, waiters, bar staff, room attendant) were friendly and obliging. The value is fantastic, rooms terrific for the price and the breakfast and lunch buffets superb (although the breakfast was that good I didn't really do the lunch buffet full justice!).
Our convention was well serviced by the staff, who couldn't do enough for us.
If you want an hotel that's easy to find, welcoming, terrific value and with great service, look no forther than StageWest.
I hope to return for a vacation some time.
Steve James, Blackpool, UK

• Liked — Great value on rooms and food.
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2007

STAGEWEST HOTEL, MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO
I wouldn’t recommend a stay at this hotel; it was one problem after another from the moment we checked in. All the negatives mentioned in other reviews that I’ve read are on the money. We actually received a gift certificate at Christmas for the Stage West Hotel and Dinner Theatre but because of the price of theatre tickets we thought we’d get more bang for our buck by just having a little one night getaway at the hotel to enjoy the pool facilities, water slide and restaurant. We are two adults and two children 12 and 14 years old.

Check In:
Slow and unfriendly, almost like we were bothering them by standing at the counter for a room. I told them when we called to reserve that we wanted to book the special $119.00 per night that includes 2 children and 2 adults with breakfast the next morning but when I showed up at the desk they attempted to charge me a higher rate because one of the kids (14 years old) was too old for the special rate!!!! They never asked over the phone for the age of the children and I was not a happy camper when they decided to pull this stunt. After much complaining and time wasted they agreed to the previously promised rate. Why should we have to do battle, customer service sadly lacking.

Room:
The website boasts family friendly suites, sitting room areas separate from the beds. The rooms are tired looking but adequate for a family of four to share. Our view was of the top of the adjacent roof a/c unit but we were barely in the room anyway. There was one television set in front of the two double beds and one other set in front of the pull away couch.

Leisure Activity Area:
There is an area just across and down the hall a bit from the main restaurant that has three pool tables, one pinball machine and two of the arcade driving games. As well I think there was a dartboard but I didn’t see any darts for it. In addition there is a television in the corner and a walk out patio area with furniture. Our complaint with this area is that you have to pay to use the pool tables. At any other establishment we’ve been to with billiards, you get this as just part of the deal…a nice way to spend an hour as a family. It was $1.25 per game, we lost money in the table twice and one of the balls was missing from one of the tables. There was no beverage service available when you’re sitting there so we brought down some cans of pop from our room. It just seemed tired, tacky and unprofessional.

Restaurant:
The food was ok, nothing terrific but not terrible either. Prices were reasonable and the breakfast the next morning was both hot and cold options. Only complain from the kids was no pancakes.

Pool/Water Slide/Hot Tub (or I should say “cold tub”!!!):
This is my HUGE pet peeve about this place. When I completed our last minute hotel booking I told them that we were planning this as a night away with the kids to have fun in the pool, on the waterslide and in the hot tub. We got there at check in (3:00pm), made our way to the pool and found it ICE COLD, not just cold but FREEZING! As well, the hot tub was cold and the lifeguards on the water slide just plain lazy and not paying attention. The kids were troopers and dove in regardless but my husband and I couldn’t even put a toe in the water. I approached the incredibly bored looking teenage lifeguard and said, “Wow the water is cold” and was given the pat response “It’s not my fault”. I asked if perhaps he could elaborate with some details as to why it was cold, what was being done to fix it, etc. and was told “talk to the front desk, the heater is broke”. I asked him if a repairman had been called and got the response “I think they fixed it but it will take a day to warm up”. So much for using the pool all evening. The kids were already cold half an hour into the stay! I went to the front desk and they said that the heater had indeed malfunctioned and would be replaced within the hour. I voiced my discontent and once again had to battle them for a discount. We did discount the rate after my continuous complaints about the spoiled family time. We returned to the pool area, spent another hour and a half with the shivering but still having fun kids and were told at 6:00pm that the pool would be closing immediately for repairs, not to be opened till 10:00am the next morning!

I went back to the front desk, my new home away from home, and asked for a late departure time since we were out of luck for activities for the kids for the remainder of the night and wanted to use it in the morning instead. They agreed to a 1:00pm departure (oh so kind....whatever!) and my husband and I went in search of things to keep the kids occupied. We had obviously assumed that the pool, slide and hot tub would do the trick! We settled on a trip into Toronto to visit the waterfront and a movie at the local movie theatre. More money we hadn’t expected to spend!

The next day we returned at 10:00am sharp to the pool, found it warm again, the hot tub hot again and the water slide slideable….a miracle at the Stagewest Hotel ! The kids enjoyed the final 3 hours of this disaster getaway but the lack of customer service, excuses by the staff and the fact that we had to battle for every little thing made it an experience we wouldn’t attempt again!!!!!

Lastly, I have to mention the lifeguard staff again. They were the laziest, most uninterested pool staff we have ever set our sights on. There were multiple groups of children (not mine) riding down the slide together, some very noisy teenage boys standing on the slide for the entire ride down and just downright dangerous behaviours. I approached the lifeguards sitting in the corner and pointed out that someone was going to get hurt if they didn’t start to control the situation! They just said “yep” and kept talking amongst themselves! I again voiced my displeasure at their supervision techniques and only after this second complaint did one of the lifeguards actually leave her white chair and instruct the kids on the correct way to ride the slide. This was an accident waiting to happen. Have never seen such bad lifeguard techniques!!!!!! Incredible!

We wrote a long, detailed complaint card upon our departure at 1:00pm the next day and have yet to hear word one from any management. My suggestion, stay away from this location ! A nightmare stay!

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — Customer Service, Facilities, Response to problems
  • Stayed June 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2007

We just came back from our stay at the Stage West All Suites Hotel. We were part of a convention and I was extremely impressed with this hotel. The rates were reasonable and the rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable. The staff was very accomadating in everyway. I highly recommend this hotel for business travelers, couples amd families (everyone).

• Liked — spacious
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sandman Signature Mississauga Hotel? Share your experiences!