I have had the pleasure of staying at this property many times over the past few years, but a recent stay (April 2-4) has prompted me to write this review.
My accommodations were booked on the Sheraton SPG Club Floor, where the wired and wireless internet (in the club lounge) is free, and you get free bottled water as well as Hors D'oeuvres during the business week in the lounge. The rooms are pretty much identical to the rest of the hotel, except you are on the top floor, and you are well taken care of.
My stay this time was notably different, in a positive light. At check-in, my request from my booking to have an airfield/airport view was already taken care of, as well my keys and breakfast vouchers for the restaurant (to which Club Floor accommodations come with on the weekends) were already prepared. Past stays have had me asking for the breakfast vouchers, which just added an extra step. This was a nice touch, as it eliminated me having to ask the Front Desk staff for help a second time.
After getting up to the 8th floor, I noticed a selection of the days papers were laid out in the hallway on a nice dark wood table, so that customers could just pick up their paper at their leisure. This also was something new, and I found this to be particularly thoughtful.
The rest of my stay was very comfortable. One thing I have come to like about the Sheraton Gateway is just how helpful their staff is, and how friendly they are. the Housekeeping staff is always smiling and saying hello to me in the hall.
One final touch that really impressed me was a Waiter in the restaurant. The gentleman's name was Angel.
To my surprise, Angel remembered me from a visit a few months prior, and even remembered my order, right down to the incredients in my breakfast omelet! This is absolutely an amazing feat, considering the number of people they serve in the restaurant!
To sum it up, this hotel is very convenient as a stay-over for business as well as a nice place to stay for a pre-trip snooze. I have stayed at this property for over 10 stays now, and have yet to be disappointed once.
The only negatives (to be fair), to this property are:
- the expensive over-night parking charges (28.00$ I believe, but you are allowed in and out access)
- The restaurant and room service appear to be very costly
- Not much in the area with regards to alternative food / entertainment, unless you have a car and can travel just a short distance from the airport.
PS -- If you are staying on the Club Floor, don't forget to check out the Club Lounge in the late evening.. No one usually is in there, and there's a hidden gem - a relaxing massage chair hidden in a far corner!
Thanks to the staff at the Sheraton Gateway for a memorable time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only hotel located inside Toronto's International Airport. It's the perfect choice for comfort and convenience. No shuttle required. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Starwood, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hotel Toronto Airport
- Toronto Sheraton
- Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport Mississauga, Ontario