“Great sleep after long flight” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport

You added Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 3, Toronto International Airport, Mississauga, Ontario L5P 1C4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #19 of 59 Hotels in Mississauga
Sydney
“Great sleep after long flight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Having flown from Sydney to Toronto and arriving at 12am , it was great to be welcomed by friendly staff then to have a very comfortable bed in a room that was quiet. Next morning we picked up renatl car from basement then were on our journey, relaxed and refreshed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TimReardon, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
I was very pleased to know that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed the comforts and convenience of our hotel. Thank you for also acknowledging the service of our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you again when you travels bring you back to Toronto.

Tim Reardon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Lowell, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Ended up staying here on very short notice as I was booked on a 6:30am flight at the last minute. Beautiful lobby with nice exposed wood and a high ceiling. Great customer service, friendly staff, and a nice restaurant made it very pleasant for dinner and checkin.

Disappointed that they charged $15/day for internet, when you are already paying so much for a room, a bit of a rip off, but typical for this class of hotel.

My room had 2 queen beds, desk etc. It was a little cramped between the bed and desk, but my only other complaint is the lack of outlets available near the nightstand. Power is a must-have these days, and Sheraton can do better.

Overall, if I end up needing a place at Pearson, I would come here again, as you can't beat the convenience, even if you have to pay a bit more. And of course, you get a clean, comfortable room and great service.

Room Tip: It is a long way from the elevator to some of the rooms. Mine was a 3 minute walk! You might request...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback following your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed the services and facilities of our hotel. I have noted your comment on the power outlets and I apologize for the inconvenience.

We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you through Toronto Airport.

San Fran
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Ok. I picked this location to make it easy for me to get on an early morning flight. That will work out ok, but given that I ended up staying here two nights in a row, I wouldnt recommend staying here for more then one night. My issue is really simple. I cant go anywhere to eat except for the bar and the restaurant. The food is above average with Toronto prices about 20% higher. The hotel has been updated and is well kept; however, a couple of service issues:

1. No free coffee in the lobby. All the other Sheratons have free coffee.
2. No valet. Really! Need to offer valet for their customers.

Overall, if you have one night and need to be close to the hotel; this hotel is for you.

Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Arrived in Toronto for 01 night, took the elevator to 3rd floor, crossed the sky-walk and walked right into the lobby. Customer service was excellent! Check-in was a breeze! The in-room amenities are a definite plus (bottled water and Starbucks coffee, the coffee is also available complimentary in the lobby). Room service was timely and the food and service were superb. The beds were really comfortable. This property will certainly be booked again whenever a layover in Toronto is required!

Room Tip: Stayed in room 317 which gave a view of the city. We arrived in the evening and left very early the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
TimReardon, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
I am glad that you had a great stay with us during your recent visit to our hotel and enjoyed the comforts and convenience we offer. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Everything you would expect from a Shetaton.... clean and excellent customer service.
Starbuck's coffee is complimentary in the lobby.
Parking charge is a little stiff at $28 but it is the airport so it is almost expected.
Still a good bang for the buck!

• Stayed September 2013
TimReardon, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
I was very pleased to know that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our services and facilities. The parking garage is owned by the airport authorities and prices are set by them. We offer parking packages that have great value; I hope on your next visit you will be able to take advantage of it.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I first started staying at this hotel when it was Suisse. Since the Sheraton group have taken over I have noticed a marked improvement with the service. I probably stay here 5-8 times a year. There price for this level of hotel is always reasonable, the service is very good & the beds are extremely comfortable. For an early departure, late arrival for an overnight or departure anytime I highly recommend the Sheraton Gateway. I rated it a 4 only due to the restaurant. I find the menu limited & a bit overpriced.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
TimReardon, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel all these years. I am pleased that you have enjoyed your visits and our services and facilities for all these years. I am sorry that your restaurant experience has fallen short of your expectations, please reach out to me at the hotel prior to your next visit; we would like to prepare your favourite meal on us.

I look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Gateway Hotel.

Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Booked overnight at the Sheraton Gateway flying in from Chicago on my way to Beijing. Couldn't be more convenient. The hotel is just across the street...by walkway....from the main, international terminal....hardly more than one hundred steps from check-in!

As SPG Platinum I was upgraded to a "suite." Perhaps the meaning of the word is different in Canada, but the "suite" was just a large standard hotel room with a typical, old-style small bathroom with tub, toilet, and small counter with sink. At first I looked around for the door to the sitting/desk area, but then realized that this room was all there was.

But the hotel is well-maintained, the staff is friendly and helpful, and, as already mentioned, the location couldn't be easier at the airport. Just don't expect a "suite" if you use one of your upgrade certificates!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the airport have a great view if you like watching all of the international flights arr...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
TimReardon, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent stay. While I am glad that you enjoyed the convenience of our hotel, I am sorry that you were disappointed with the ‘suite’. I believe you may have been accommodated in our business suite which is slightly larger than our standard room.

Thank you for acknowledging the service of my team.

Tim Reardon

Been to Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!