“much better the second time around” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport

You added Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 3, Toronto International Airport, Mississauga, Ontario L5P 1C4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #19 of 59 Hotels in Mississauga
Peterborough, Ontario
“much better the second time around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I had a complimentary stay at the Sheraton Gateway due to a negative experience the previous year. The manager at the time was very kind and sent us the coupon for a free stay. She put us intouch with the new manager and the certificate was honoured.
Checkin was fast, no line-up, excellent service, fresh fruit and flavoured water available in the lobby, nice touch. Our room was opposite side of airport so no tram noise this time and we had an exceptionally large room, (may have been disability room). It was clean, & the bed was a large king and comfortable.
We had asked for a wake-up call for 3:30 am, but luckily I set the alarm. There was Starbucks in the room which we made in the morning and took with us. Air Transat was literally steps away, never had to get on the tram or step outside.
We did pay $130 for parking and there was a dent in my car from some ignorant guest, but that was not the fault of Sheraton.

We would definitely stay here again if we had an early morning flight or a late arrival. The convenience is so worth it.

Room Tip: ask fo rroom higher floor away from tram noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TimReardon, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for giving us an opportunity to regain your confidence in us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Tim Reardon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

For a very early morning flight out of T3 this hotel has always been a go to choice for my family. Getting a great one-night rate sealed the deal for us. Being a Starwood member we appreciated the fact that our requests were taken care off...our young kids loved the room overlooking the airport and made thier upcoming trip all the more exciting.

The time we were there the monorail service between terminals were undergoing some construction (outside the control of the hote) and althoguh convenient shuttles from steet level were made avaialble, travellers with flights in/out of the terminals outside T3 should accomadate additional time for thier trips.

Overall service was great at check-in, comfy beds and spacious room. We also used the lobby internet service and printer which was convenient and reliable.

Great choice for those who want the convenience of a very short walk to T3.

Will be back!

Room Tip: Higher floor-away from elevators and overlooking airport especially if you have little kids that lov...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
TimReardon, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to be your choice hotel when flying out of Toronto Airport. I am very happy that you and your family had a great stay and you were able to enjoy the great runway views from your room.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Comfy beds. Great night's rest before a flight. Great location. Starbucks coffee in the room. Beautiful lobby. We rented a car, returned it to terminal 3, and were able to stay in the parking garage and get an elevator straight into the hotel. I would definitely stay here again on a layover in Toronto. Did I mention how comfortable the beds were!?!?

• Stayed April 2013
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Like others, we had an early start so it made sense to stay close to the airport - and you can't get closer than this. If you are leaving from Terminal 3 it is a short walk across a covered walkway and then down one flight of escalators (or you can use the elevator) to get into the terminal. Good beds, clean room and bathroom, great view over the runways so you can watch the planes land and take off - but zero noise. I agree a negative is the charge for internet access. A bonus, however, is a swimming pool (small but you can do tiny laps in it!) and an above average for a hotel gym.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the airport rather than the car park.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, I was pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and took the time to relax in our health club.

Our Link @Sheraton does offer our guests complimentary access to our computers and free internet access; I hope that on your next visit you are able to visit the Link.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was on business at Toronto for a night and stayed here.

Positives:
- To begin with, as it is directly connected to the airport, it makes it very convenient if you have work in the towns around Toronto as Airbuses are easily accessible. Plus direct connection to the terminals makes it easy to depart. In my case, after checkout, I left my luggage in the storage, finished my business for the day, came back, picked up luggage and headed for my flight. Very convenient. Though I didn't use the option, the hotel also has a very convenient late check out option with a $50 charge.

- I stayed at the Club Room. Room was spacious and clean. Television had a great choice of channels. Bathroom had all necessary amenities. Minibar had a good choice.

- Free WiFi in the room was stable and decent speeds.

- The evening hors d'oeuvres served in the club room were excellent. I especially appreciate this as in some hotels the evening hors d'oeuvres promised are a joke but not here. Great variety, great taste.

- Lovely view of the airport taxiway.

Negatives:

There were no major concerns and hence I give the property 5/5 but if I were state areas of improvement without deducting points:

- While the minibar had a good range there was no accompanying bar accessories such as wine glasses. There were only two plastic glasses. It would be nice to have some accompanying bar accessories.

- No auto-turn off/auto-turn on lights if you leave the room. You need to manually switch off the lights every time you leave. Hence not too energy-efficient.

- I may be wrong on this one, but when I was in the club room, I could see a guest room across which had it's curtains open and I could see everything in the room which gave me the impression that the room windows are completely see through. Doesn't make sense if you have a great view but can't keep the curtains open.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of properties and I couldn't wait to share the amazing experience I had last night from the moment I checked in. I was greeted and assisted by the bellman, waited in line and one of the front desk staff MJ started giving out water to everyone once she notice the long line up. I was checking in with my daughter and she even offered to assist me with her white I try and check in which was nice. Viviene checked me in and I asked to be put in a room facing the airplanes since I know it would make my 2 year old very happy. She searched hard and tried her best to give us a room and gave us the good news that she found a room facing the airport. My sister had taken my daughter while I was in the process of checking in. When I was done I noticed they were talking to Ann Marie. She was very sweet with my daughter and she had promise to send cookies to our room with milk! it blew me away. it came in the room with a personal card and it was lovely!

I wasent able to turn on the tv and Igor from maintenance was sent up to our room. He fixed it quickly and explained why It did not turn on. He was very funny and gave us smiles!.

We swam in the heated pool and the hot tub was a plus! we decided to eat in the restaurant after swimming with my family before they go on there flight. We were seated and my daughter was given crayons and coloring book.. she was also given a very cute chef hat which is unique and fun since she colored all over it. I was eating with my mother and Aunt before the take there late flight. The food was superb and everyone was happy with there meals. Overall the small details each employee had contributed made our stay memorable. From calling me by my last name at each interaction, smiles and fast service, and for the staff who made my daughter smile. Everyone made my stay special. and I just want to say THANK YOU!

S Cruz - April 19-20 2013.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The hotel is located just at the airport; you can take the complementary transportation service from terminal to the hotel. The service is really good, the people really nice and always willing to help. I stayed at 6th floor. The room was comfortable and with all what I needed to make my short stay a nice experience. For Sheraton the room was not as big as I imagined but it was ok. If you need to take a taxi from terminal to the hotel, it costs 21 Canadian dollars. The person who helps you with your bags at the airport if you need that costs 10 Canadian dollars (so is always better the self-service and the shuttle).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!