“Excellent service. Average room. Not a bad hotel overall.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center

Save Saved
You added Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center to your Saves list
Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3670 Hurontario St, Mississauga, Ontario L5B 1P3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SUMMER offer: Get 25% OFF
Ranked #32 of 58 hotels in Mississauga
London, Canada
“Excellent service. Average room. Not a bad hotel overall.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently (April) and had a good stay. I would have given it four stars except for some negatives. The room smelt very musty. I stay in a lot of hotels and realize hotel rooms will inevitably smell different than home, but the smell was strong to the point where I almost asked to change rooms. I was also a little confused at the lack of sheets on the bed. There were not sheets on my bed and I didn't realize it until it was very late. I'm not sure if they forgot or if this is by design, but it's a little unusual. The room was also a little small, but the large washroom more than made up for the size. It is a business hotel; not really a place you'd stay on a long trip.

There were also a number of positives. The staff is very helpful and friendly. One of the best staffs I have encountered overall from front desk to the maids. I was always greeted with a smile and a greeting. There are computers available for free use in the lobby with nice big monitors. Note that they are Macs and they are restricted in what they can do, so you may have trouble printing Word documents. There is also an Xbox 360 and some comfortable chairs in the lobby, which overall is aesthetically pleasing.

I would return to this hotel because of it's location. It was a but pricey for what you get, but it was the only hotel in the area that had vacancy. Walking distance to Square One Mall.

I would give it 3.5 stars if that was an option.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Mississauga. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Your comments in regards to the musty smell will be investigated and you may rest assure that the needfull will be done to remedy to the situation.

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
NY/NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Wifi was free. A big plus for us.
I have heard that they have renovated some floors of the hotel. We weren't on those floors.
The hotel room was average, kind of motel like, but I guess they will be renovating more floors as time goes on. When that does happen, I'm sure it will be much better. Can't complain about the rooms though as we were in the rooms only to sleep.

The staff was friendly. Well, they are after all Canadian :-)
The location for us was excellent and suited our needs well. Parking is $12 per day if you are not in a superior king room(?).

Did not visit the pool area or have breakfast, so don't know how it is.
All in all, a good value for the weekend rate that they have.($77USD per night + tax)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this review, April 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Mississauga. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback.

London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here due to a dance competition I the area. The beds are doubles, and the trash can in room could be a bit bigger. Girls had fun burning energy off in the pool. For the price we paid per night it was alright for what we needed.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We were tired and decided to stay an extra night in Toronto so went online and found the Novotel had rooms. Showed up at the desk and were told we could have a room for $179. Should have walked out then - then it was $12 extra for parking. The room wasn't completly filthy but very close to it, a quick look and it was ok for one night. But in the morning light it was obvious it hadent been well cleaned in a very long time. Filth in the corners of the bathroom and along the baseboards, the chair had years of grime so thick the chrome was dull. That was room 111 near the exit to the garage, the garage door was so loud it woke us up several times during the night and the back hall beside our room was disgusting. When I approched the manager in the morning, I was given lots of excuses about there being a lot of kids in the hotel and "they spill things". That's B.S.this was long term neglect. They did cut our bill in half but even at half price it wasn't worth it.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the end of the hahh near the stairs especially on the first couple of floors near the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Mississauga. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We booked two rooms for one night. It is right next to Square one shopping and only 5 min. drive to Living Arts Centre so convenient that way. Staff is helpful and friendly. Room was just OK, not real big but for the money we paid but was clean for the most part. The beds are only double size not queen. In my daughters room, the duvet was all bunched up when we walked in the room making the beds look lumpy....probably a low quality duvet.
Really like the huge lobby area and the bar/restaurant area was well designed and looked updated so thats where we spend alot of our time.
Something I would recommend they change is the fact the pool is only open until 10pm so we didn't even get to use the salt water pool after the theatre....at least have it open til 11pm
I liked that our room price included buffet breakfast...standard fare.
There is a $12 parking fee

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this review, April 25, 2013

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Check in was smooth & quick.Staff were polite and helpful.Pool area was well maintained-those are the only positives of this property.Upon entering our room there was a decidedly heavy chemical cleaning smell. Housekeeping however did not remove previous occupants food from the fridge.I would hesitate to guess EXACTLY when the fridge had been cleaned.Despite room being booked for 3 people there were only 2 bath towels. Toilet paper rolls were not left by housekeeping-it is common practice to leave I extra roll on the counter. Furniture was old and dated-circa 1985.Beds were lumpy and extremely uncomfortable but from reading reviews posted since we returned I suppose we should be thankful we didn't get bitten by bed bugs.

Will never stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this review, April 22, 2013

Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I just recently stayed at this hotel, as I have many times before as it is the host hotel. However this time around we noticed that there were no sheets on our beds and the room had a certain smell. Friends were on our bed and felt extremely itchy to the point that they decided to leave. Furthermore, I woke up with red bug bites all over my hands. After coming home more bites have cropped up. I can only assume that there were bed bugs. I am very upset and will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am terribly sorry to hear the unfortunate incident you have encountered at the hotel and would like to thank you for bringing this situation to our attention.

Let me begin by assuring you that we treat issues of this nature with the utmost urgency.
We have designed a thorough and strict procedure to swiftly address all complaints or potential issues within our hotel. We continually train our housekeeping staff to proactively monitor all guest rooms for the potential presence of bed bugs, and we have standing contracts with professional exterminators to treat affected areas in case any are discovered on our premises. No room gets released until we have an all-clear from them.

Bed bugs are unfortunately a world-wide problem and present a unique challenge due to their highly transient nature, travelling easily in luggage and clothing. Please know that we are on high alert regarding this issue and are mindful to monitor our rooms in order to address, treat and terminate any issues if we discover them.
A pest control company has been on site to eliminate the problem, can assure you that the matter has been resolved.

I would like to reassure you that the presence of bed bugs has nothing to do with cleanliness and does not mean that the hotel is unsanitary.
As much of a disappointment it is for you we are also extremely frustrated when this type of event occur as it varnishes the hotel reputation that we are working so hard to maintain.

We are grateful for the opportunity given to us to work with you and will continue to be dedicated to deliver quality service as we always do.

I would like to reiterate our sincere apologies and hope this isolated incident will not jeopardize the successful long term relationship we have build over the years.

Didier Dolivet

Been to Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center? Share your experiences!