“Staff hospitality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center

You added Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center to your Saves list
Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3670 Hurontario St, Mississauga, Ontario L5B 1P3, Canada   |
Ranked #33 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Staff hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

My daughter attended a youth conference in January and became very ill at 1:00am. The desk staff were amazing, bringing her what she needed, fielding my calls and helping with accessing a hospital. They let her return and stay to rest before her flight that afternoon. Without your guidance and support, I don't know how I would have managed from 8 hours away. Thank you.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Carp, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

Good location, close to Square One. Quiet rooms, except for this one night where a screaming kid kept waking us up. Comfy, though sheets and towels felt a little rough. Wireless reception was spotty, with bandwidth issues (a few times we could not even get to the splash screen). Parking is for a fee, which was not mentioned ahead of time. In short: basic. I have had better at that price, in the Greater Toronto Area. No complimentary paper available daily. Gym is OK and pool looks nice, though we did not try it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

I have stead regularly at this hotel over the past 10 years and i know what to expect. THe hotel is clean and has friendly staff which is a major plus point. THe air-conditioning is noisy and the TV's are ancient, the downside. THe hotel is frequented by air crews and they are seemingly put together on one of the lower floors. I note that they are usually on a smoking floor too, if you want to avoid them. I avoid the first floor at all costs as it is a rat run to the parking lot and i imagine that it could be noisy. THey have two types of bathroom facilities, rooms that have been refurbished and thos that have not. I prefer the old type with a tub, ( the new ones are shower only) as when your stay is more than a couple of days its nice to lie back and count your toes. I rarely eat breakfast as it is overpriced for what it is, there are plenty of places nearby to get breakfast more cheaply. THe hotel is surrounded by many good restaurants and only a 10 min walk from Square One. THe new whole foods shop is on the other side , but worth a visit. THe hotel is linked to the Sussex centre where you can find the "West 50 " bar. I think it is worth eating here, particularly if Nicky is working she is excellent at her job. CAr parking at $12 per night is not cheap, but they will deal on this if pushed. All in all, the hotel is great for business, handy for the airport, but not somewhere for a vacation; and it can usually be booked cheaply as a package with airline bundles.

Room Tip: High floor facing the rear, the prevailing wind in the winter on the other side can make the rooms c...
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

This hotel is about 20 mins from the airport and about 40 mins (depending on mode of travel) from down town Toronto. We stayed here as our client was only 5 mins walk away.
The hotel is well located within Mississauga with a good range of restaurants within 5 mins walk - important when temperature is minus 10 degrees! The Square One shopping centre is also only 5 mins walk away too , with its wide range of shops.

Transport options to down town Toronto include the Gobus from Square one, which with only one stop before Union Station, is the quickest route. Given its low frequency check the times first. The alternative is a local bus to Islington Metro station and a train to Union Station ( 1 hour in total) or a taxi USD 60 – 80.

The bar/restaurant/ lounge areas are well furnished with a range of sitting, drinking and eating areas to choose from to suit the mood and occasion. The service was very friendly, buffet breakfasts good and dinner well presented with a reasonable range to choose from, in line with the Novatel’s mid-range market position.

If you need to be within reasonably close to the airport ( air crews stay here) or in Mississauga, I can recommend this hotel. If your focus is sight-seeing then staying down town will be easier.

As a place to visit, I can recommend Toronto. It has a very cosmopolitan mix of cultures, friendly people and good restaurants, especially the steaks and seafood. I hope to return when the climate is more inviting.

Room Tip: Good views from the upper floors.
Quebec City, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in December for a business trip. Overall this is an acceptable hotel well located in Mississauga.

I was booked through my company on a standard room, two double-beds. The room had basic features - no flat-screen tv and minimal space/furniture to work in the room. The beds were acceptable, not overly comfortable. But it was clean OK. I have used the pool once; it is of a fair size, enough for laps - and better than what you usually find in three stars hotels such as this one.

When I checked in - since I was booked on a basic room, I have asked for an upgrade to a larger/king size room - so I could benefit from more space/comfort as I needed to accomplish a lot of work in my room at nights. I was willing to pay an upgrade from my pocket. It seems the hotel staff were really committed to cost savings, as when I asked, the agent looked at me, almost horrified and told me a better room would be more expensive. I repeated I was willing to pay an extra charge from my pocket (not on the company bill), if the extra charge is fair. She then reluctantly looked - and told me only an executive room was available. I said I could consider it, so I have asked her for the price difference. She went to speak with her manager - and came back nervous, saying that after all no better room was available. I then asked how late they offer room service for dinner (as I needed to work in my room) - and she politely suggested me to use the restaurant downstairs, although she told me they do offer room service until 11 PM. I ended up having dinner at the restaurant near the lobby - and the service was really poor. I must however note that the service for breakfast was very friendly and the breakfast buffet was overall fair.

This was quite a strange experience, as it seems they really did not want to get more money from my stay than the rate negotiated by my company - which they did not.

Room Tip: Most likely the executive room or king size room is much better than the basic room.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Leamington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed several times for business, first visit had a lovely room however T-V remote did not work, took 24 hours to get a working remote. This room was very nice almost spa like.
Stayed several times after original visit, room was behind the elevator very noisy and small. Was not overly impressed with this room, seems every time since I stay in the same room just a different floor.

Room Tip: Do not accept room behind elevator
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Le staff est super sympa et les chambres sont rénovées. Nous avons eu un super accueil et les restaurant est vraiment bon avec des spécialité indienne. Le buffet petit déjeuner est aussi un bon rapport qualité prix.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center? Share your experiences!