“Great price, great spot” 3 of 5 stars

Green Acres Motel
1303 Lakeshore Road East, Mississauga, Ontario L5E 1G5, Canada   |
Ranked #44 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Toronto, Canada
“Great price, great spot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I was a little nervous because of some of the bad reviews i read, however it was easy to find, the staff was very accommodating and friendly, the bathroom was extremely clean. I'm not sure the a/c worked very well, but it worked. Across the street we found the waterfront trail and went for a beautiful walk through some woods to Lake Ontario and on to the Etobicoke River, also an off leash dog park at the end of the trail.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Beautiful drive on Lakeshore Rd from Niagara Fall, NY, glad we went this way. Stayed here in October while touring Toronto. I always try and stay in Mom & Pop motels, of course most are older but all have character. Only problem was the TV had a bad picture & a orange tint, but being my Cuz & I are not big TV viewers, we listened to the news then read our books. But in the morning no one was in office and NO coffee was available..HELP!!! We dressed and looked for somewhere to get coffee...there are no restaurants close and we had to drive a along way . Lady at desk was delightful!!!

Room Tip: Ask about TV!!!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

I do have to travel alot for business and was called into Misissauga to meet with potential clients. The meeting lasted longer than expected and needed to continue onto the next day in order to close the deal. I had not anticipated staying and had planned on driving back to the airport and catching a flight home that night. I needed to find a place that was convenient to get to and somewhere I could relax and prep for the next day. I found the Green acres Motel pretty quick and the staff were great. They could tell I had a long day and needed to just rest. The check in was fast and they helped me find a good restaurant in the area that I could order my dinner from - not being from the area this helped alot to get some good food.

The room was simple but great. The main things I look at are the linens and the bathrooms. All the linens were clean and fresh, the bathroom was spotless. The room was exactly what I needed - A place to get some rest so that I could continue the next day.

Check out in the morning was just as easy as the check in. The rate was great, the service was great and I will be back the next time I have to come back for business.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

this little motel is quite the jem. we originally came to toronto from BC on business nearly four years ago and were looking for something more reasonably priced than what you can find downtown.

because the motel is so super close to the go train, we decided to stay at green acres. we were very pleased! and they have free internet in-room, it helps immensley.

great rates, great people, great place. the rooms were spotless and fresh and having the little fridge sure was a bonus. not to mention, the staff were all very friendly and helpful, even offering suggestions on where to dine locally. we've since returned every year for the past four years.

because this is a family operated business, the 'mom' has even come to recognize us, making it feel lilke we're visiting our auntie.

we will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2007

This place is a dump. The room was not visibly dirty but dirty when you touched something like the dresser or the lamp. The sheets while clean had stains on them as did the chair in the room. Everything is very old. The colors on the walls are too bright and annoying. The carpet is just put on the floor in pieces. Hairs in the bathtub. I was so grossed out I checked out after a couple of hours.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2006

We stayed at the hotel after reading the reviews here. There was nothing really bad about it but we would never stay there again. There are nicer places for about the same price. Everything was old and seemed to be on the verge of breaking down.

• Stayed December 2004
Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2005

The motel is clean and fairly decent for the money. The size of the room was fine. We stayed on a Friday night with three young children and didn't have any problems with the room itself.

The problem - and this was a fairly big one - was that there seemed to be an unusual amount of "activity" during the night, particularly after the local night clubs would have closed. Not wild parties or anything like that, but "energetic" couples finding a place to cap off their night (or so it seemed to our ears).

The walls were a bit thin - my wife and I were thankful that the kids didn't wake up and ask what all the strange noises coming from the next room were!!!! :)

It was more humorous than anything, but something you should consider before booking here.

• Stayed February 2005
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
The Waterside Inn
#52 of 60 in Mississauga
3.0 of 5 stars 4 reviews
Etobicoke
Canadas Best Value Inn Toronto

Been to Green Acres Motel? Share your experiences!