“Wow, amazing hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Meadowvale Hotel and Conference Centre

Save Saved
You added Delta Meadowvale Hotel and Conference Centre to your Saves list
Delta Meadowvale Hotel and Conference Centre
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   6750 Mississauga Rd., Mississauga, Ontario L5N 2L3, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #11 of 58 hotels in Mississauga
Ontario
“Wow, amazing hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights to attend a conference with work. As it is quite far from the airport, I rented a car. Parking was free as I was staying at the hotel for a conference, otherwise, I'm not too sure how much it would have been. Depending on when you arrive, the parking lot can be very busy and almost impossible to find a parking spot. As I was on a budget for meals, I could not afford to eat at the hotel and had to go elsewhere. There is a Tim Horton's a short distance away. The lunches that were provided during the conference were very good. But I would have liked bottled water or juices offered as I don't drink pop. There may have been an alternative, but I didn't ask.
The rooms are amazing, very clean and comfortable. My first impression walking into the lobby was "Wow, this is the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in".
The location is very good, especially if you have a car. Close (15 min drive) to lots of outlet shopping and tons of restaurants. I didn't get to try out any of the amenities offered at the hotel, but the pool looked really nice.
The hotel is a little pricey, so I'm not sure if I would stay here on my own, but for anyone who doesn't mind the cost, it is really nice and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
FOMDELTAMEA, Manager at Delta Meadowvale Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear JannyLyn,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at Delta Meadowvale.

We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the service that our team members have provided. We are also pleased that you enjoyed the service and catering during the conference you have attended.

We do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back again in the future.

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Staff are very professional, booking in and paying was zip fast and polite. Rooms are good enough – they are a mix of 1960 style with modern trimmings, loads of brown carpet. The rooms have balcony – so you can get fresh air.
OK - so if you have read my reviews you know I like: fresh food – like fruit, being able to walk around to interesting places and a supermarket or food store nearby. This hotel is out in the non industrial massive office area. The footpaths are empty. The only food you can get is the one restaurant/bar at, what I take as, high prices.
I understand that this place is a conference centre. The rooms are cheap so they make it up in extras – which transfers these cost to the traveller. That’s fine if you expect it. The taxi from the airport is a fixed whopping $60 and a monopoly - obviously the city is not trying to attract tourists.
For the quaint - there is the “SMART Desk” - a half hearted attempt with lots of cables that connect your computer to the TV.
The Wifi internet connection was excellent.
I don’t want to be too hard on them - everyone was very polite. But this is indeed, as they say, a conference centre and they are good at it. Everything is here (as long as your boss in paying) for you to confer. Make sure you have a car.

OK one more general point on hotels in some countries - what is it with hotels and showers. I figured if I am in Canada – a country that is practically immersed for most of the year– the water in the shower should be like a water fall – not spray needle thin water. And never mind the limp greenwashing excuses.

Room Tip: Be friendly to the staff
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear 42_Countries,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

We were pleased to hear that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us. That being said, we understand your disappointment that you were unable to travel by foot to different areas around the hotel, however as you have mentioned in your review it is a conference area. It is also a developing area and more restaurants and shops are coming to the area which will be available to our guests as well. We are also very pleased that you have enjoyed the service we have provided.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to stay with us soon.

London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The hotel was been recently renovated and I found the rooms very clean and stylish. I was there for a conference so lunch was included and the meals and staff were very good. There are many amenities in the area and it is right off the 401.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Rok67,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We are very happy that you had a pleasant stay with us, and also enjoyed the meals as well as the service that we have provided.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I've had the pleasure to stay at this hotel numerous times and each time it is a pleasure. The beds are the most comfortable with down comforters and pillows. The customer service is wonderful, they are very helpful and have great amenities. The area the hotel and conference centre covers is quite large. If you go for a conference and have any issues with mobility I would suggest bring something or asking the front desk for a wheelchair or cane (they do not have any walkers). There is an excellent family owned restaurant close by with excellent breakfast selection.

Room Tip: Majority of the rooms in the south tower face the city (rather than 401) - may want to ask for rooms...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
FOMDELTAMEA, Front Office Manager at Delta Meadowvale Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Bonnie J,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay at the Delta Meadowvale.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Delta Meadowvale, and how much you enjoyed our new beds which can be purchased from Deltahotels.com

I will be sure to share your comments about our service to the rest of the team

I hope we get the chance to welcome you back soon.

Elkin, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

When I am in the area, I stay here for service. This is one of the only hotels that greet me by name when I check in or if they happen to see me. That means a lot to me.

A lot of hotels have lost that touch.

I wish there was more in walking distance, though.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear John L,

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoy the Delta Meadowvale, and the service that we provide.

John I hope we get the chance to welcome you back soon.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My family stayed at the Delta Meadovale the other week as a family getaway. Delta is a fantastic chain and one that should be on the top of everyone's lists - hands down.
There were a lot of opinions on this stay, and I was really confused on if this review should be positive or negative. Some points:
-Bathrooms- must be newly renovated, as they were absolutely stunning. Very beautiful furnishings that are some of the best I have ever seen in a hotel. BUT - the previous guest must have been a hairy man because there was a lot of hair in the tub
-Pool- beautiful sun lights in the room - good sized pool - big hot tub - the slide looks amazing (it was closed when we went on a weekday, but we knew about that beforehand). BUT - there were almost amazingly community swimming classes in the pool for the entire time of our stay. There were Parents coming in to the pool room to watch their kids swimming classes - the Parents were walking in the pool room with their snowy/slushy boots and heavy coats - they didn't care. Plus, 3/4 of the pool (at least) was sectioned off for these community kids
-Restaurant- food was amazing. Fantastic health concious options - for an appetizer, I had a mushroom/coconut soup which was served like I have never seen before. The entire meal was delicious and the selection on the menu was fantastic. BUT- they must have renovated the restaurant recently as it is very small for such a large hotel. During peak meal times, there is not a seat to be found. Also, I went in for a drink after the kids went to bed, and one of the conferences inhouse took up the entire restaurant - not one seat at the bar - and this is like 10pm. On a side note - there is a Starbucks in the hotel. Yes Please.
-Meeting rooms- we were here for a family stay, so I didn't see inside the meeting rooms. That being said, all meeting rooms were clearly marked and easily accessible
-Staff- staff were great. No 'but's here. Everyone we encountered - front desk, restaurant, housekeeping - were very helpful and happy to work for us.
-Rate- a touch higher than I was hoping, but in comparison to rates at other hotels in Mississauga- understandable.

The last thing I want this to sound like is a bad review, because the hotel is great. I do think that Delta has put in a standard to this hotel which is hard to maintain. The quality is absolutely there, but it takes a lot of work to maintain this, and I honestly think that it is hard for the staff to do this. I hope that makes sense.

I will leave it at this point - if you are looking at staying at a hotel in Mississauga - do not look anywhere else. Past all of my small issues, I still think it is definitely the best option in the area for business or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very pleased to hear that you made the decision to try the Delta Meadowvale, and that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms.

We apologize for your experience in the pool area we will be sure that matter is addressed quickly to ensure that everyone has enjoyable experience.

I will be sure to pass you comments about the staff onto everyone; it’s always great to hear such nice comments about our team.

I hope we get the chance to welcome you back soon.

gman305
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This hotel has been around for a long while. They have recently done some nice updates. The rooms have a new decor and desk that is great with lots of connectors. Overall very appealing. You can certainly still tell that they have just updated the "dress". The doors are still old, they have an old Mr. Coffee coffee machine in the room, and the hallways still need updating. The lobby and restaurant area has also been updated. Again, nice decor. The restaurant itself... food closes at 11pm (even bar snacks). The breakfast is very pricey and certainly not worth it - expect $20/person (buffet or a-la-carte with coffee). We had the buffet, pancakes and french toast was dry, mentioned smoothys - but couldnt find them, selection lacking and many items were not refilled. Other than that the hotel is ok.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear gman305

I apologize for your experience in the restaurant I will be sure to pass your comments and concern onto our food and beverage team.

I hope we get the chance to welcome you back soon and show you the we more then “OK”

Front Office Manager

Been to Delta Meadowvale Hotel and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!