“nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Ottawa, Canada
“nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

A very good hotel to stay near the airport. The rooms were large, comfortable and clean (we had two rooms). The staff was nice, free internet, free parking. I would rate the hotel as excellent, but, unfortunately, the restaurant was not that great: the service was terribly slow and with very few choices. I mean, does it take 45 minutes to cook pasta with tomato sauce? The waitress was kind of rude too. So, if you stay there, and I recommend it, forget the restaurant and go to the Subway right in front of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

So admittedly being stuck at a hotel near the airport because your flight ran late and didn't land until after midnight isn't likely to engender positive feelings about a hotel, but this hotel did nothing to improve the night and in fact seemed to actively work make the experience far worse.

First, when you arrive after midnight and have the first flight out that morning, and you're staying somewhere for free ("thanks" Air Canada) there's very little the hotel needs to do properly. Pretty much all the hotel needs to do, in fact, is figure out some way of GETTING you to the hotel and back to the airport in the morning. BW Toronto utterly failed at that. Despite being 5-10 minutes from the airport, I, along with the 15-20 others who missed their flight and got sent to BW, had to wait more than 30 minutes for the shuttle to arrive after finally landing and making it through security. We watched group after group leave the airport before the BW shuttle finally showed up -- and when it did, it could only fit 10 people. The rest of the group had to wait behind for the next shuttle. The driver first told us it would be 40 more minutes (IE: not showing up until after 2AM), but eventually agreed to come earlier.

When I finally got to the hotel, the room was very, very cold and I had to strip the other bed of its cover to be comfortable, but that might have been because I waited outside in the freezing cold for an hour for the shuttle to arrive.

In the morning there were also shuttle problems, but this time I wasn't foolish enough to wait around while other people got on the van and instead jumped straight on, leaving others behind. I'm sure they made it to the airport eventually.

Finally, the cherry on the cake, I now have two charges pending of more than $60 on my credit card from this hotel for "incidentals." When I called to complain about the first one, the receptionist explained that the charge was to make sure my account could cover incidentals (not that I purchased anything in my 4 hours in the hotel), and that she would remove it. Instead, somehow, she added a second, greater charge, so now I have two pending. I assume at some point it will get figured out and removed, but I'd really just rather all memory of the experience disappear, and not have the unpleasant experience of calling the hotel again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Whitby, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Hotel room are ok noting special, the lady that work in the front desk are nice but clueless..When we arrive to the Best Western the check-in was fast and quick..The room were nice clean and lot of space..The only thing is that it has this weird smell to it but nothing bad..Me and the wife wanted to go to Jamaica so we stay here for a day so that we did not have to fight traffic..When we got up to go down to get breakfast it was ok, again nothing special...We got to the airport on time and off we go to Jamaica..Now when we were coming back, I called the hotel to get the shuttle bus to come pick us up, they tell me that the the bus will be here in 15 min, so we wait til ten and no bus show up..So I called back again to ask where the bus is??? She tell me that the bus is not coming back for another 45 min...I told the lady at the hotel that I already called and someone told me that the bus will be here in 15 min...The lady tell me again that the bus is not coming for another 45 min, at the time I got really upset and just sat and waited for the bus,,,Now here the good part, so the bus come and pick us up, the bus was pack with people that I guess he picked up and T1..The bus had no were to put are luggage.The bus driver was clueless he didn't even help people put there luggage on the bus, he just sat there and made everyone put on there own luggage..The thing that was so dumb is why buy a bus that has no were to put your luggage,,,The Shuttles service and the Best Western suck big time..They need to come up with a better plan on how to pick up there customer cause the way they did it, is not good at all..I don;t think I'll every go back to this hotel..The reason why is the service of the shuttles bus and the miss communication with the front desk, Oh one more thing, there was other Shuttles service that came twice before Best Western, not going to say any names but for sure I will be booking with some other hotel that has better service..

Huntsville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We popped down twice from northern Ontario during the past week. Once was to pick our boy up from the airport and a week later to send him away again. I see from other reviews that Achal is mentioned often. This is no mistake, as he remembered us upon our return visit and made us feel special. So the staff was great, the shuttle that picked up my son was beauty, rooms were clean meaning our whole Christmas experience was an enjoyable one.

Room Tip: We were on the north side both times, 5th floor, by chance and it was a quiet period but I think the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
BWPLUSTorontoAirport, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Toronto Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted that we have met your expectations, and our staff looks forward to your next visit with sincere gratitude.

Thank you again for posting your review on Trip Advisor.
Dryden, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Had a great stay. The only "mix up" seemed to be that I was booked an extra room and they thought that I did not show when I was in the building with two rooms under my name. A bit confusing for myself and the staff. I trust that I will not be charged the extra room. I was assured that I would not.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWPLUSTorontoAirport, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Toronto Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

Really much appreciated. It was our great pleasure to have you as a guest at the hotel. I am glad we were able to fix the mix up on your reservation.

We look forward to your next visit with us, and thank you again for posting your review on Trip Advisor.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great location ... the staff on my visit was very accomodating ... so much so that the Night Auditor went outside to his car in a snowstorm to get me his brush so that I could remove the snow from my rental car .....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

Great to read you enjoy staying with us. I will pass along your kind words to all the staff. It our goal to make sure every guest leaves our hotel satisfied.

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The rooms and location are great for the value, with excellent amenities and a variety of foods available directly out the front door. The shuttle service to/from the airport is exceptional, as well is the staff! I forgot an unopened and valuable suppliment in the fridge a few weeks earlier, and the staff kept it safe for me until I returned again. Achal is the most personable hotel manager I have ever had the pleasure to deal with. This is my go-to Pearson International Aiport hotel! Happy New Year! - (the not real) Justin Beiber

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. It is always great to hear when a guest has enjoyed their stay with us.

Our aim is to exceed expectation. Great to read you enjoyed your stay. We have great Stay & Fly rates available for your next trip.

Paul Takhar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
#17 of 60 in Mississauga
4.0 of 5 stars 767 reviews
Etobicoke
BEST WESTERN PLUS Travel Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Toronto Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!