“Likely one of the top Best Westerns out there because of the staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Toronto Airport Hotel

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #21 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Likely one of the top Best Westerns out there because of the staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

After searching downtown toronto for about an hour and a half finally found a room in Mississauga(about 30k northwest from downtown) at a reasonable rate. Friendliest staff ever; even though very busy they were smiling and did not make you feel like they were in a hurry! Very comfortable room if you omit that awful, weak, cfc lighting all hotels have now. Impossible to read a regular book by that light! Very near airport however never heard a thing! Executive King room was good and included a small couch, ottoman, coffee maker and, very comfortable king size bed but no fridge?? In an executive room? C'mon! Unfortunately, every single pillow was way too thick to be properly postured to sleep so I folded a blanket to get comfortable. Please, please, offer at least a normal size pillow as a spare in the closet! Wake up call received as requested and brand of coffee was ok for the 1st morning cup of java. Breakfast buffet(not included) is ok if you are in a hurry but don't expect much in lieu of decor or comfort. Very weird room setup and not so fast service. Hard pressed to get a second cup of coffee(I never got one in over 30 minutes of sitting at the table) and there was a total of 6 people including us in the place while we were there! To top that, I wasn't eating at all so I had to sit there with no coffee, no water and wait until my son finished eating his breakfast. He said the food was ok but no big shakes as far as breakfast buffets go. The waitress conveniently disappears all the time so it's very hard to get her attention. Her saving grace? She was a very kind, smiling person. If you have a choice go eat elsewhere; Subway across the parking lot comes to mind; imagine that! We"d go back but not if it's out of our way; great hotel and staff but they should offer breakfast vouchers to go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Make sure you're on a non-smoking floor if you don't smoke
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

I stayed here as I had an early morning flight I had to take the next morning. I wouid not stay here though if I was visiting Toronto. It would take too long to get to the city especially if one was taking public transport. The room was very spacious and clean. They have a restaurant and some fast food place you can go to right next door. The front desk person was so accomodating when I needed help with my printing so it was appreciated. The shuttle driver however was rude to the passengers. I was uncomfortable taking that shuttle from the airport to the hotel because of how he treated and responded to one of the passengers.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
High River, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Stayed 2 nights on arrival and on departure. Free shuttle was efficient, room was clean, roomy, bed terrific, Dining - food ok but very lacking in decor. We did not have breafast there, only dinner. Restaraunt and front desk seemed understaffed. Front desk staff not very friendly but then again, they were very busy. Had a great rate for seniors and for that reason, would recommend it as a one night stay near the airport. Not much to walk to in the area but there were subway, Lebonese and Chinese restaraunts on the property and a truck stop across the street. Pool and hot tub ok. Fitness room looked good. Free internet. Only complaint was the clock radio which we could not figure out how toprogram and it did not have an illuminated clock. But hotel did provide wake up calls. Allow extra time for check in/out.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Peterborough, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

On the way to this hotel I was lost so tried phoning (5 times) to get directions and each time I called I was put on hold and no one ever came back to help. I ended up going to the sheraton and getting directions from their front desk staff (who were extremely helpful). When we arrived the front desk personnel just gave us the keys and sent us on our way, we received no information at all. The next morning when we went down for breakfast (no complimentary breakfast like most best westerns) I noticed a sign on the front desk saying that you needed to prebook the shuttle and get a voucher, we were not told this the previous evening. The front desk staff are very cold and not at all welcoming, next time I will stay at the Sheraton where their staff is warm and inviting.

When we moved the bed away from the wall to look for a book that had fallen we not only found the book but also an extra tv remote 2 snack bars and an sleep shield for the eyes plus a lot of dust and junk.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Belleville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

My husband and I grabbed a park, sleep, fly package at the Airport West Best Western Toronto. It was our first stay at a BW and we were truly amazed . The room was large, clean and comfortable, the staff curtious, helpfull, and quick to solve our forgotten at home items and the shuttle service prompt and quick to and from the airport. We have always been a Quality Inn and Suites customer but after the Best Western experience we will now be Best Westerners for Life...and we'll convert our travelling friends to BW's too.
Thanks BW.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Welland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Great place, but bathroom door was very hard to close, etc.
Room was very nice and big.
Food near the hotel, not good. So I called Swiss Chalet for a Vegi Burger. Great service.
Good thing I had my laptop computer with me, as nothin was on the tv.
Glad the hotel provided Internet.
I would stay at a Best Western.
The only thing when I checked out is they did not put my full legal name on my bill.
It's almost like saying Oh! Looks like another persons name.
Next time I hope they get my name right. It's on my Visa.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I have stayed here before and it is a good location for flying out early morning. The shuttle gets you right to where you need to be.

Room Tip: Affordable and Clean
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Toronto Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!