“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2125 North Sheridan Way, Mississauga, Ontario L5K 1A3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #37 of 58 hotels in Mississauga
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel during a one week visit to the Toronto area. We chose this hotel because it is pet friendly, close to the Go Transit, offers free parking, and has local eatery nearby. The hotel is situated right off the expressway which was ideal because we traveled to Niagara Falls on two separate occasions. The ride into the city is about 15 minutes, 20 w/traffic-but I would recommend taking the train GO Train at the nearby Station and using the city streetcars or bus system. Parking in the city is costly-$3-4 per hr on st. Or $15.00 daily--est only.
Back to the hotel....the pool is heated and large and has an excellent sauna. The weight room is spacious with an exercise machine, treadmills and a few free weights. However the treadmills appear old and the weights could be updated (a few lighter lbs were missing). Clean towels were available at the pool location and weight room.
The hotel has an on-site full service restaurant which offers a good selection at breakfast. The executive floor also offers free contential breakfast during the week. The staff was friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnGSM, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback for your stay with us. I have passed along your comments to the team members that were working as they work very hard to make our guests stay enjoyable. We hope to see you again in the future.

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Steinbach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We'd never been to the Toronto area before. The clerk at the front, when we checked in was VERY HELPFUL. We got settled and took the train in to city Center and caught a Blue Jays game that night. The hotel is close to transportation and grocery stores (in case you're tired of restaurant food). The breakfast included was great and the dining staff are uber friendly! Almost felt like home! We'd stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012
HolidayInnGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I hope your time in the Mississauga and Toronto area was very enjoyable and you had a good time at the Blue Jays game. We look forward to providing you the same level of service every time you come back and stay with us.
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We recently returned to this hotel while my wife had surgery. This is our “go-to” hotel whenever we are in Mississauga. Close to QEW, shopping, and restaurants. It is a little “dated’, but otherwise the usual Holiday Inn expectations…clean, comfortable and with friendly staff.
The breakfast (included) is the usual HI type but we must remark on the friendliness of the breakfast staff. Lina, has worked there many years and always welcomes us as family. She goes out of her way to make you feel welcome and appreciated. Well done, Lina. !!!
Matt on the front desk was great to deal with and was very helpful in suggestions on room set up that would help my spouse after the surgery.
Special thanks as well to our housekeeper,Tao, who helped set up the room for the wife’s return from hospital on recovery day.
All went very well both in surgery as well as the usual attentiveness of the hotel staff mentioned. Thanks so much….and we’’ see you again on our next visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It is very nice to hear that our employees made you feel so welcomed and comfortable. I will be sure to pass this on to all the employees you mentioned in your review and to all other employees to see. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Grand Blanc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Loved my stay here. Convenient Location right off QEW, with many amenities nearby. Public areas, hallways, and my room were all clean and well-maintained. Nice pool and workout area, with a working sauna. Staff was very pleasant; I liked that they smiled and said hello when they saw me; this was a nice touch. Breakfast buffet and serving staff was great; hot food was hot, cold food was cold, and there was a nice selection. I opted for a slightly bigger room with a seating area, and what a treat! Room was very spacious, and I liked the added security of the 6th floor, which needed a room key to access the elevator. Enjoyed a great sleep, with no noise heard from the hallway or from other rooms. By far my favourite thing about this visit was my check-in. I arrived at about 11:30 pm, and was greeted by Sabir. This was no typical late check-in; Sabir took the time to be polite, and was very professional. I often find my late check-ins to be less than pleasant, with tired and less than enthusiastic staff. But, Sabir was wonderful, and I especially appreciated that he did not say my room number out loud for all behind me to hear, and he held the key holder so that another guest behind me could not see it. This may seem insignificant to some, but as a woman traveling alone, this courtesy and concern for my safety was noticed and very much appreciated. This location is now top of my list for future trips to the area. For the price, this was excellent value, with service rivalling most 5* plus hotels I've stayed at over the years.

Room Tip: 6th floor is more secluded and quiet. Wireless internet signal wasn't so great, but was suffici...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
HolidayInnGSM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Greengal traveling,
It was wonderful to read your comments about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Toronto/Mississauga.
Our staff strives to provide great service and to be sensitive to the needs of every guest. I am so pleased you acknowledged the courtesy and concern of the staff.
It was our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to town.
Saint John, NB, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Overall sleep quality was good. Receiving my wake up call one hour late on the Monday morning after the Saturday night spring daylight savings time change was frustrating. The business center computer is a real dinosaur and the printer made loud growling sounds and would not print, which was essential for me. The staff accommodated by letting me use another dinosaur computer in the office but I did not look forward to having to do that for the next several weeks so I moved to another property for the next weeks. The TV reception was poor in my room and occasionally the picture would disappear completely for a brief period (on both TVs in the suite) but this may be a room specific issue. Coffee and tea in the lobby would be nice. One of the pros for this property is that the exercise room and pool area are very nice and nicely equipped with free weights and lots of room!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Crtoole,
On behalf of the entire team, I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. At Holiday Inn Toronto/Mississauga we strive every day to provide excellent customer service. I am sorry we were not able to do that for you.
We have acted on your feedback and implemented improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future. The business office computer system and printer are being replace with a new system as well as the back office computer. We have also repaired the television signal in the room. We now have a coffee station in the lobby with to go cups for guests.
Thank you for providing your feedback and allowing us the opportunity to change.
We hope you will consider staying with us again in the near future,
Cynthia Romanyk,
Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have been going to this Holiday inn for the past 8 years and it is always a pleasure to go.
The staff is really friendly and the turn over of their staff is very minimal, so they recognize their customer as they walk inn. They make everybody feel like home from the front desk to the bar staff.

Room Tip: For business take the 6th floor, it is a secure floor with a lounge for meeting and if you travel wi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Marc b,
Thank you for taking time from your busy day to send us the wonderful comments about the staff.
They strive every day to provide excellent customer service and enjoy remembering our guests and making them feel at home.
It is our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to seeing you again soon,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

So i typically stay at holiday inns.....this one is an older property....dated....house keeping is subpar for holiday inn...there was a stained towel on my jacuzzi when i arrived....moved to another room (first one was booked and couldnt stay on it) and it has been smoked in....bummer...overall not bad i just expect move...holiday inn has gotten loser on the chains latley

• Stayed February 2013
HolidayInnGSM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Ryannkc,
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your recent stay with us. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, and welcome any opportunity to improve. This enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Thank you again for your review. I hope we have the opportunity in the future to provide you with a better experience.
Cynthia Romanyk, CHA

Been to Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga? Share your experiences!