“Our home away from home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga

You added Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2125 North Sheridan Way, Mississauga, Ontario L5K 1A3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #37 of 59 Hotels in Mississauga
Port Severn, Canada
“Our home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stay here whenever travelling to the GTA. It is easily accessible to main roads, Go Train station, stores, etc. The staff here go the extra mile when it comes to service and we are on a first name basis with most of them.
The pool and giant sauna are greatly appreciated, and this HI is definitely pet-friendly.
The breakfast buffet is excellent. Not sure about dinner - haven't used the restaurant/bar except for snacks. (We hit the sushi bar nearby.) Others say the burger is the best item on the menu.
We are Gold level HI members, so we are usually on the top floor which has very nicely appointed rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a low-numbered room - they are farther from elevators and road sounds.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel while on a medical related trip with our young daughter. The staff and management were friendly and helpful and ensured that we had everything we needed including a fridge and microwave for her medications. We spent a lot of time in the hotel between her treatments and got to know some of the staff. We were always met with a smile and inquiries on how things were going whenever we met anyone in the hallway or lobby. The breakfast buffet was great and our waitress was very attentive. If you order room service I recommend the Philly Melt it is delicious!!!!!! Will definitely stay here agin!

• Stayed October 2012
Rochester, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I spent on night at this Holiday Inn, and was very disappointed by the cleanliness levels. The lobby was bright and inviting, but as soon as you stepped out of the elevator you were met with dirty stained carpets (3rd floor).. The room smelt heavily of air freshener scent disguising a musty odor. The bathroom was also in need of an overhaul.. The bathroom fan struggled to extract anything through the dust filled cover.
Breakfast was adequate, but the service was lacking. In fact we were chastised by the elderly waitress for asking twice for more juice...
There are plenty of hotels in this area.. Choose one of those for your stay.

Room Tip: Use the Hampton Inn or Admiral Inn on the same street.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HolidayinnGM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your recent stay with us. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us.

Unfortunately it seems you stayed at a time just prior to our cleaning crew coming in to clean the carpets. All of our carpets have been freshly cleaned and are in good condition. I am sure you can understand with the amount of traffic a hotel receives it can take only a day or two for a stain to happen.

I apologize for the service you received while dining in our restaurant. We will take your feedback as a coaching opportunity for our staff.

I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

If you would like to discuss anything with me further I would be happy to hear from you. I can be reached at 905-855-2000.

Front Office Manager
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised by the great customer service and amazing food! From the moment I checked in the man who helped me at the front desk, Matt, was very pleasant and made me feel right at home. This great service continued to the restaurant where my server was very accommodating and the food I ordered from the menu was delicious. While my room could have used a little bit of an update, overall my experience was great. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel. It really is great customer service that makes all the difference.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed here last week with just me and my 3 grandkids for two nights.

I found the hotel very clean and even more impressive check in early was absolutely no problem.

The pool and exercise area were very clean and private.

The dining room/lounge service was excellent!!! Food was delicious and quick! I must say that you don't often find an amazing person like Tony who is in the restaurant/bar attendant. He is so helpful, polite, efficient and all around nice person. My 11 granddaughter was so impressed she said "Nana..we should just come back here just for the service". We've been to a lot of hotels so her word is Gold to me!

Very impressed, will definitely be back again!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Katy, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The hotel hosted a summer camp on 4th and 5th floor and they put my family in a room on the 5th floor that's next to tens of kids. We got repeated phone calls from other rooms (I assume those kids made them) and hotel staff told me they were unable to trace or to stop them. Those kids kept talking and running around at 3:00AM. I had to call front desk at 3:00AM. This was the worst night during our vacation trip.

If the hotel wants to host a summer camp, it should not take regular paying customers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HolidayinnGM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 905-855-5931

Holiday Inn Toronto/Mississauga
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed in this hotel because it is located near the facility I was visiting in Mississauga. Otherwise, this hotel is a little bit outside the main thoroughfares of Mississauga. The drive from YYZ airport in a rental car was 25 minutes and the hotel was easy to find. Parking was free as was in room Wi-Fi.

The room furniture is old, and I'm hoping they upgrade soon as I stay here 3 to 4 times every year. My room had a small refrigerator and a separate sitting area. Both the living room and the bed room had old fashioned televisions in them with generic Canadian Cable packages. The bed was average though a little hard.

The breakfast was the usual Holiday Inn ensemble – scrambled eggs with either bacon or sausage, a few cereals, rolls, muffins, fruit and yogurt. There was a business center and we printed a few pages free of charge.

The hotel has a bar / restaurant and the food I had was pretty good and reasonably priced. John the bar-tender is a really friendly guy and knowledgeable about the Toronto area. The front desk staff were terrific and helpful as well.

I’d recommend this hotel for people looking for no-frills, clean accommodation in that part of Mississauga.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 905 855-5930.

Holiday Inn Toronto/Mississauga

Been to Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga? Share your experiences!