“Unpleasant experience” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Mississauga

You added Quality Inn & Suites Mississauga to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Mississauga
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5585 Ambler Drive | (Hwy 401 & Dixie Rd), Mississauga, Ontario L4W3Z1, Canada (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Toronto - Airport Area)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #35 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Souderton, Pennsylvania
“Unpleasant experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

After entering my room, I almost wiped out in the bathroom since the floor was completely wet. The carpets in the room was wet as well, but assumed that the previous people flooded their bathroom and it was never cleaned. At 2AM, I discovered the culprit as water poured through the ceiling in the room as well as the bathroom. My suitcases were soaked and water was coming on the bed as well. I called the front desk and was told sorry but the people above us was showering. No one checked in to see how bad it was and no solution was given to me. It became apparent that they knowingly put us in a room with a bad situation. I was told the hotel was fully booked and there was nothing they could do. After demanding that they put me up in another hotel, the front desk person finally put us into 2 king rooms since we needed 2 beds. The front desk person was not helpful at all and it was a very frustrating experience. The staff in the morning was more professional and helpful but that was after my experience was ruined.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Mississauga, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Tom M,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for writing a detailed review of your experience. We’re glad to read that our morning staff was able to assist you with your needs. On the other hand, I apologize for the inconvenience regarding your room assignment.

We have taken note of the issues you have raised and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will take necessary actions to improve guest satisfaction and avoid further inconvenience. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Tecumseh, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Having to deal with the rudest front desk was just the start. Having to stay in a room that smelled like someone just smoked a pack of cigarettes and not being given another room was horrible. But finding open condemn packages under bed when packing to leave was almost the worst. The worst was having to deal with front desk again when checking out and made to feel like we were luck typo have stayed there. Never again holiday inn. NEVER

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Mississauga, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Ray Z,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Toronto - Airport Area. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

This holiday inn express is a converted comfort inn facility. Other than signage, there have been few upgrades since it's days as a budget motel. The carpets, furniture, washrooms are old, worn and dirty.

During my stay several transport trucks were allowed to park in main parking lot and remained running on idle the entire night. The noise as bad. Oddly the fumes were distraction from the smells from the dirty carpets.

The Breakfast was the usual assortment of cheap frozen offerings. Never mind find dining, but if you care about healthy eating - you will need to skip the "free" breakfast.

An OK choice if you are looking for a budget "flop" house experience (a bed to flop in); but if you need anything more, look to other hotels in the area.

It amazes me that Holiday Inn Express can include this property in their system; undermines confidence in the brand.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground level and rooms facing the 401; better still - the Hilton Garden Inn is 2 minutes a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HAPPYGEMCalgary, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Mississauga, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are in the airport area and are very busy, due to the heavy traffic it can sometimes get very noisy in the night time. We also apologize as you did not like our breakfast options. We are still working on the improvement of the hotel and service for our valued guest. We appreciate your comments and welcome any opportunity to improve.
Thank you again.
kamloops
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I only stayed one night at the airport the day I arrived. The front desk staff greeted me in a friendly manner, checking was smooth. I found the staff to go above and beyond what I expected offering solutions to minor problems unrelated to the hotel and giving recommendations for restaurants in the area. The rooms are clean very well laid out nice and spacious and very comfortable. The only difference I found at this holiday inn express was the bed was much firmer than I have experienced at other properties in this chain.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Sarnia, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Stayed at this hotel two nights on business, finding the staff friendly, rooms clean and comfortable, while the hotel was also good value. There was nothing about the room I didn't like, finding it met my needs very well, was quiet, well laid out, and inviting. I loved the rain shower head in the bathroom, while the parts of the hotel I saw all seemed very clean and well looked after. The breakfast was standard Holiday Inn fare anymore, and part of the reason quite frankly I booked a Holiday Inn. Parking was adequate, and full in part due to a Truck Show and Hockey tournament going on at the same time. The hotel did feel safe, the parking lot was well lit, and the hotel is only minutes from the 401. While no restaurant is on site, it is within walking distance of several restaurant options, including Kelseys, Montanas, A&W etc. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I travel regularly on business and stay at Holiday Inn Express or similar chains in US & Canada. This location offers very good value in terms of clean rooms, friendly& helpful staff, great location close to Pearson YYZ Airport (10 minutes max.), several Dixie Road area restaurants and/ or Highways #401 & 427. WiFi was fine during my stay (fast & reliable) along with room which was both clean and quiet. Fitness facilities are above-average for this type of hotel. Would stay here again and highly recommend this location based on price/ value, even though not a newer property.

Room Tip: Recommend upper floor away from elevator & vending machines. Always quieter!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Turner Valey, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We have stayed at a few hotels in Toronto on our way through from vacation but this one is the best we have found that meets our needs. We took a cab here. The cab driver either wasn't a legal cab or he was an idiot. He couldn't pack all of our suitcases in his trunk, yet we packed them into a trunk in a rental car smaller than his. So he told us it was going to be $34 to take us to the hotel and an extra $12 for the suitcase he had to put up front because he doesn't know how to do his job. The hotel staff was excellent. We got a nice room to lay our heads for the night and there was even a couple of restaurants nearby (within walking distance) for us to grab a bite to eat. The hotel even gave us a card for 10% off. They also have free breakfast in the morning and the food is all good. It's not just a muffin and a coffee. They had bacon, fresh pancakes, cinnamon rolls, cereal, juice and more. It was fabulous! The morning shuttle was a bit busy so next time we will take the one a bit earlier but we still made it to the airport on time. We will for sure be visiting this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Mississauga? Share your experiences!