“Clean hotel with free WiFi and free breakfast. Plenty of parking. Close to YYZ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Toronto - Airport Area

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Toronto - Airport Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Toronto - Airport Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5585 Ambler Drive | (Hwy 401 & Dixie Rd), Mississauga, Ontario L4W3Z1, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE between 10-30%!
Ranked #30 of 58 hotels in Mississauga
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Hotel is located close to Pearson International Airport. It is located next to a car dealership and surrounding neighbourhood seems to be industrial area. However, there weren't much traffic. The hotel is close to the freeway. Upon arrival early morning I wasn't sure if I could do an early check-in because I was tired and sleepy (lack of sleep arriving from west). I asked the on duty clerk if I could check-in. He checked the computer to determine if a room is available or not. I was lucky that a room was available and immediately checked in. I was super happy that the on duty clerk allowed me to check in early otherwise I would have taken a nap in the rental car. The room we got was located on the 2nd floor. It was clean as expected. Overall, I am very satisfied with this hotel and would probably stay again if I am in Toronto. Free WiFi and free daily breakfast available. Definitely would recommend this location to my family and friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
North Bay, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Woke up to get ready for early morning flight and felt like I had been bitten. My husband pulled the sheets and blankets off the bed and low and behold there were bed bugs. What a great treat to start off our vacation. The front desk staff pretended to be surprised and told me that their housekeeping staff do regular inspections (riiiight). The mattress was stained and there were adult sized bugs so they had been there for quite sometime. Either they have incompetent housekeeping staff or they are just a bunch of liars. Room 107.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto - Airport Area, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Darlene O,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. Your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I arrived much earlier than I expected on a Sunday morning (just before noon) and requested an early check-in. After a brief wait in the lobby (during which time I honestly think I was forgotten), the desk clerk found me an available room and allowed me to check in. The room was clean and comfortable, and just what you'd expect at a Holiday Inn Express. Nothing luxurious, but no deficiencies. The room is clean, the heat worked without turning the room into a sauna, and the bed was just right.

I planned to head into Toronto that evening and wanted to use public transportation to get there. A different desk clerk gave me directions to Square One where I caught the bus to Union Station. I almost had the feeling that nobody had ever asked for directions to the bus/train before, but the clerk gave me detailed instructions, printed them out for me, and got me on my way.

Breakfast in the morning was (again) just what you'd expect at a Holiday Inn Express. Nothing fancy, but perfectly adequate for taking on fuel at the beginning of the day. The staff was very attentive and friendly.

This hotel was conveniently located for travelers with business in Mississauga. Easy access from the highway, easy to find, centrally located. And if you qualify for IHG Friends & Family rate, it's a bargain.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
St. Catharines, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I booked here night prior to trip and left our vehicle at the hotel for 2 weeks...
Service and room were great. Front entrance is dated...but didn't bother us as they are working on renovating. Rooms are very nice, King size bed, non smoking... Breakfast was also good..wide variety to choose from, and no problems with shuttle service to and from the airport.
Would highly recommend.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Comparing it to another HIE we stayed in, the staff service is not the greatest. I was offered a variety of granola bars/chips upon check in, which was nice. But I find the receptionist is in a rush explaining things to me. I even misunderstood her at one point. After a long drive, all I need is someone rushing things done. There was no reason for it as no one else was waiting in line. Checked in to our room, clean, spacious and tidy, except sheets are a bit less permed. A crisp sheets and pillow covers would have been more appreciated. An empty beer can was hiding in one of the bedside drawers. While we expect bottles of water, these were non existent. Called reception and was told they only provide it to PC members. When I said I am a member, she asked that I can come and pick it up, not a very friendly sounding response. Went down and just before I even approach the desk, this lady in eyeglasses (Asian looking receptionist) placed a bottle of water on the counter with a very disappointing gesture. I sort of expect to receive at a least 2 since we're a couple that checked in but chose not to ask after receiving an unfriendly look. Is it that much to provide 2 bottles in a room? I said thanks and no smile or response was returned that I heard of. We're tired and chose not to bring any of it to their attention. Other than this, the location is convenient and just happy to have Starbucks in the area.

Delta, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night before heading off to a business conference. I got an excellent rate through my CPSA discount that I could not refuse. As I've said in many other reviews, if you expect to stay in hotels a few nights a year it is worth becoming a CPSA member.

This property is easy to get to from Pearson Airport (YYZ) and although very close to the 401 you don't hear a lot of road noise. There are a few eateries close by and additional shopping a few blocks on either side of Dixie Road. The lobby area, breakfast bar and hallway carpets appear to be recently re-done. There is ample free parking and the lower level has sliding doors so you can walk right out to your car. The desk staff is quite friendly and helpful. In recognition of our Priority Club status we were offered water and snacks.

The building itself is noticeably dated. The bathroom is quite small and the fixtures, tiles and caulking need to be repaired and/or replaced. The walls are thin and we could hear casual conversation in the room next door. The furniture is clearly dated and the room is quite crowded between the desk, bed, chair and TV stand. There are a lot of stains on the ceiling and the wallpaper is beginning to separate at the seams.

None of the negatives are a deal-breaker for me on a 1 night stopover for such a great rate. If you can handle a room that needs some TLC then you should be fine staying here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor walk out to parking
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto - Airport Area, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Allan A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Leamington, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel is an average hotel. The price was good for a Friday and Saturday night at approx.: $70 each. The front lobby and dining room are still under construction. The only thing you could get for breakfast was a $12 buffet. What happened to getting at least a complimentary breakfast? We went to Tim Horton's for a much cheaper breakfast since we were going out anyways. They advertise a pool. We had taken our bathing suits and went to look at this pool. If there were 6 people in the pool it would have been over crowded! The Jacuzzi was roped off and not working. In our room there was a large bottle of water we thought was complimentary, Nope. Mind you the rooms were clean and tidy. We had an excellent view right close to Highway 401 out our window Fortunately the room heat/air worked fine. Would I recommend this to anyone. No. It was average and offered no perks to stay there over any other hotel. Too bad for Holiday Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto - Airport Area, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear John H,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the pool and tub. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Toronto - Airport Area? Share your experiences!