“Quick stay- very impressed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga

You added Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1870 Matheson Blvd., Mississauga, Ontario L4W 0B3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Quick stay- very impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed for one night attending a family reunion, and had to be close to the airport. The Hotel is a typical HGI layed out like most of the others. We ended up with an Accessible Room and it was very large, clean and comfortable.

Everyone was friendly and we enjoyed our stay. Only complaint was a fire alarm at 10 am on a Saturday morning. Everyone had to evacuate for about 40 minutes. Still not sure why, but there was obviously NO fire. six or seven fire trucks responded and we had to wait out side.

I thought the hotel mgt could have done a better job explaining what happened and maybe bringing out waters or something.

All in all, a great property, and a great stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and have been pleased with every stay. The hotel is easy to find and parking is not a problem. The check in was easy and the staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and have been well kept over the years. There is a fridge and a microwave in the room. This is helpful because there is a wonderful grocery store beside the hotel. There is a user friendly business center. There is a pool that I have never used but it looks great.

In the lobby there is a small restaurant. I did not eat here so I can not comment beyond telling you that it is available. In addition, there is chilled fruit infused water available in the lobby at all times. This is a nice touch. There are also fresh cookies available late in the afternoon every day.

The hotel is central to everything. You can walk for two minutes to a bus stop to take a mainline bus directly to Square One Mall. It is $3.25.

I would recommend this hotel. Enjoy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I wish all of my hotel experiences were this great. I used to be a diamond member (I no longer can pick my hotels most of the time), but this hotel made me feel like I still was one. From the insanely friendly check-in (With the goody bag), to the room upgrade, to the fruit and cheese plate waiting for me in my room (Thanks, Sonia!), it was amazing.

The hotel itself seems new - The room was immaculate with everything working well. No complaints. It seems as if management really took the time to take care of the little things that make a stay go well (I wish more hotels put channel guides on the exercise equipment - A little thing, but nice to have).

I didn't explore the area, so I don't know what's around - It's near the airport, so I imagine there are restaurants to drive to.

The Canadian branch of my company is close by - I'm looking forward to staying here the next time I visit!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Nice, newer hotel grounds with a great gym. Good service and clean, convenient rooms with comfortable beds.

I would have given all categories a solid 4-star review if breakfast on either of my two days would have been more convenient and satisfying. The hotel advertises a hot and cooked to order breakfast, but neither day had any cook to be seen. I was stuck eating a limited (and very non-healthy) continental and buffet-tray breakfast that I really didn't want, after standing at the breakfast window without being acknowledged for several minutes.

• Stayed May 2013
DOS2, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Im glad that overall you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel. We appologize for the inconvenience of not having our breakfast chef front and present to prepair your breakfast, if you do stay again feel free to ask your waitor/ waitress to place an order for you and he or she will be happy to do so!
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

There is nothing to fault with the facilities of this hotel and it is obviously a good base for those doing business outside of downtown Toronto. However we booked in as an overnight stay while transiting through Toronto airport on our way home. We arrived early evening but after waiting in the cold for an hour for the hotel shuttle our patience wore very thin, especially as we watched shuttles for other closer hotels go past every few minutes.
To the credit of the hotel staff they whisked us through check in and also upgraded our room, including breakfast by way of apology.
The room, a suite, was spacious and well equipped and would be very comfortable as a base for a business trip. The breakfast buffet was of reasonable standard with all the usual options.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at our hotel. We appologize for the experience with the courtesy van. We do provide airport service to and from the hotel however our courtesy vehicle runs on an appointment only basis and we encourage scheduling your airport pick up or drop off 24 hours in advance by contacting the hotel directly. Without pre booking the van you may experience delays as it is available to our patrons on a first come, first serve basis.
London, On
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I'm really not sure why this hotel only gets a 3 star rating, but it's clear why they get such great reviews! We had an excellent stay. Dinner in the restaurant was good and the service was great. The room was very clean and looked new. The staff went above and beyond when we left behind a valuable item. I have already recommended this hotel to others.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your great review, and thank you for telling your friends!
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Close and convenient airport hotel, the rooms are quiet enough and the on-site restaurant is pleasant too. Staff are friendly and professional, the airport shuttle is a great option. The breakfast buffet is basic but good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga? Share your experiences!