“Great stay once again!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga

You added Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1870 Matheson Blvd., Mississauga, Ontario L4W 0B3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25% off
Ranked #4 of 59 Hotels in Mississauga
Reserve Mines Nova Scotia
“Great stay once again!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Had stayed at this hotel a few years ago while travelling through the area and enjoyed it so we decided to try it again last night. The hotel is very easily accessed and close to the airport. They offer a shuttle service that will get you to and from the airport. The rooms are very nicely done. My wife and I stayed in a suite which is very comfortable and roomy. The hotel was busy but very quiet at the same time. It offers underground parking, pool and onsite restaurant/lounge. check in was very quick and the staff very friendly and helpful. A previous reviewer mentioned they had difficulty finding a restaurant. They missed a wonderful restaurant and lounge directly off the lobby. My wife and I were early for supper so we took advantage of the comfortable lounge. The lounge staff were great and very attentive. We later moved over to the restaurant and had a very delicious meal. My wife had the potato crusted cod which she really enjoyed. I had steak which was done exactly the way I requested. When travelling through the area again, will definitely stay here again!!!!

Room Tip: Spend a little extra and book a suite. Typically a corner room with a great view. Lots of room and c...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

What a great place to stay. We only stayed one night in November 2012 for an event that was right down the street at the Hershey Centre, so very convenient.

Check in was great, the clerk gave us adjoining rooms with another family we travelled with. Cookies were available on check in. Information regarding restaurants was given, would have liked to try the in hotel restaurant because it smelled good but the kids didn't see anything on the menu that they liked. The rooms were clean and the hotel overall was clean and quiet.

Breakfast in the morning had enough choice and the staff was friendly. Good value for the 'bed and breakfast' package.

Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Woodside
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here for 3 days/nights. It is a lot farther from the airport than I thought it was going to be but ended up being just fine. Clean rooms, nice staff. Quiet. On the edge of an industrial/office area. Finding a restaurant was a bit more challenging than I expected.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
DOS2, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your review. Our Amercian Grill restaurant serves breakfast lunch and dinner and is always a great choice!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I travelled to Toronto recently for work in our office in Mississauga and stayed at this hotel. This was my third stay there and each time has been consistently excellent. A real surprise is how good the restaurant is. The food is top notch, fresh, tasty , well presented and great value. The bar and restaurant staff go out of their way to make you feel like you are welcomed. They remember people's names and are very personable. The rooms and decor or quite upscale for the area and value. Once you get back to the hotel after meetings there is no need to look for a nice place for a drink and / or a good meal, it's all right there!

Room Tip: Really no view from anywhere, but all are quiet and well appointed.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DOS2, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your review, we feel our fantastic restaurant and lounge is what sets us apart from other choices in the area!
Cleveland Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I've spent 5 nights in this hotel over a three week period. All in all it is a very nice place to stay but there are little annoying things that tend to drive you to look into other options. For instance, the internet service is painfully slow. Since I'm from the US I count on their internet service to connect for business. The public areas of the hotel always seem too hot. Its 70 Degrees F outside and they have the heaters on inside and it seems like it is 100 degrees in there. There are no towels or wipes for the equipment in the gym. The breakfast is generally excellent however they must get their orange juice from the cheapest source possible. Its terrible.

I admit these are minor things but if you are going to charge me $150/night I shouldn't have to deal with crappy OJ. I would expect that at the best western.

While we like the location fine and the staff are all very nice my colleagues have elected to try somewhere else next time we travel to the area.

Room Tip: i'd ask for a room facing the east so you can see the sun rise.
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Let me just say - Steve at the front desk should get a raise. He had to fix a mess from the woman who checked us in the night before! She made a mess! Maybe she was a new employee. Regardless, Steve saved our stay - he made our experience better - definitely would recommed this hotel now thanks to Steve.
We had booked for 5 people, asking for a cot - we got a room and assurance that the cot was in our room & just to call down if it wasn't there - for one would be brought right up. We got there, no cot so I called the front desk and learned we could not have one due to fire code. What?! The sad part is our friends (guests = 3) received a huge room - two doubles and pull out couch. That doesn't make sense! Who assigns these rooms? I slept on the floor the first night because what else is there to do? The next day I wanted a cot - although again learned we could not get one. I explained that I was assured I could get one & had made the hotel aware prior to our arrival that we had 5 in our room. Maybe we were put on that floor because another family had the same last name as us - what?! We should be given a choice if that was the case - small room/sleep on floor = same floor or big room/right number of beds = travel on elevator. Thanks to Steve, we were given the bigger room & our second night was more comfortable. I'd recommend it thanks to Steve.
The other thing that was good was the breakfast. Nothing fancy - fresh made omelettes were above expectations. There was yogurt/fruit/granola cups, french toast, small pancakes, porridge with toppings, bagels/toast, danishes, croissants, and fresh fruit. Milk, chocolate milk, juice also there. Hot was sausage, scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes. I ordered a side of fried veggies - mmm..they were very good. So, not too bad - with the omelette. Not sure if they also had a breakfast menu.
We had a great stay - the temperature was easy to control. Both rooms were neat and clean & comfy. The tub was slippery - be careful!
They also brought me up an extra set of pillows/blanket when we got in at midnight - that was super great of them. Made sleeping on the floor at least better - I promise I will not leave any of my kids behind if there should be a fire - I'll sign that waiver if I could get a cot - my bones didn't like the floor. Oh well, I'd do it so the kids didnt have to. Thanks Steve for helpping us with all our problems!

Room Tip: hope for Steve! Communication is key! Do not get the rooms attached to the elevator (hum every time...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
DOS2, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad we could turn your stay into a positive one. We will use your important feedback regarding communicating our cot policies.
Clive, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here in October 2012 for the third time in past few months. The hotel is conveniently located from airport (approx 15 minutes) off the 401. Hotel is very clean and welcoming. Hotel staff are excellent and make a point to greet you and offer any assistance. Raj at front desk is especially helpful.
Have eaten in the restaurant every time and the food is great. I have ordered both off menu and the nightly specials and never been disappointed. Be sure to try the warm raisin bread they bring with the meal! The night hostess and waitress are wonderful, they recognize me at this point, know what wine I like to drink and are great at offering menu suggestions or accomodating special requests. Breakfast is also outstanding - they offer a great morning buffet where the chef will also cook eggs/omelets, etc. to order.
There is a small pool/whirlpool, fitness center, and business center available. Close to several restaurants on Dixie Road, everything to fast food to steakhouse. Rooms have always been very clean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga? Share your experiences!