“Wonderful, upscale and delightful food and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga

You added Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1870 Matheson Blvd., Mississauga, Ontario L4W 0B3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Wonderful, upscale and delightful food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I travelled to Toronto recently for work in our office in Mississauga and stayed at this hotel. This was my third stay there and each time has been consistently excellent. A real surprise is how good the restaurant is. The food is top notch, fresh, tasty , well presented and great value. The bar and restaurant staff go out of their way to make you feel like you are welcomed. They remember people's names and are very personable. The rooms and decor or quite upscale for the area and value. Once you get back to the hotel after meetings there is no need to look for a nice place for a drink and / or a good meal, it's all right there!

Room Tip: Really no view from anywhere, but all are quiet and well appointed.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DOS2, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your review, we feel our fantastic restaurant and lounge is what sets us apart from other choices in the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Cleveland Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I've spent 5 nights in this hotel over a three week period. All in all it is a very nice place to stay but there are little annoying things that tend to drive you to look into other options. For instance, the internet service is painfully slow. Since I'm from the US I count on their internet service to connect for business. The public areas of the hotel always seem too hot. Its 70 Degrees F outside and they have the heaters on inside and it seems like it is 100 degrees in there. There are no towels or wipes for the equipment in the gym. The breakfast is generally excellent however they must get their orange juice from the cheapest source possible. Its terrible.

I admit these are minor things but if you are going to charge me $150/night I shouldn't have to deal with crappy OJ. I would expect that at the best western.

While we like the location fine and the staff are all very nice my colleagues have elected to try somewhere else next time we travel to the area.

Room Tip: i'd ask for a room facing the east so you can see the sun rise.
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Let me just say - Steve at the front desk should get a raise. He had to fix a mess from the woman who checked us in the night before! She made a mess! Maybe she was a new employee. Regardless, Steve saved our stay - he made our experience better - definitely would recommed this hotel now thanks to Steve.
We had booked for 5 people, asking for a cot - we got a room and assurance that the cot was in our room & just to call down if it wasn't there - for one would be brought right up. We got there, no cot so I called the front desk and learned we could not have one due to fire code. What?! The sad part is our friends (guests = 3) received a huge room - two doubles and pull out couch. That doesn't make sense! Who assigns these rooms? I slept on the floor the first night because what else is there to do? The next day I wanted a cot - although again learned we could not get one. I explained that I was assured I could get one & had made the hotel aware prior to our arrival that we had 5 in our room. Maybe we were put on that floor because another family had the same last name as us - what?! We should be given a choice if that was the case - small room/sleep on floor = same floor or big room/right number of beds = travel on elevator. Thanks to Steve, we were given the bigger room & our second night was more comfortable. I'd recommend it thanks to Steve.
The other thing that was good was the breakfast. Nothing fancy - fresh made omelettes were above expectations. There was yogurt/fruit/granola cups, french toast, small pancakes, porridge with toppings, bagels/toast, danishes, croissants, and fresh fruit. Milk, chocolate milk, juice also there. Hot was sausage, scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes. I ordered a side of fried veggies - mmm..they were very good. So, not too bad - with the omelette. Not sure if they also had a breakfast menu.
We had a great stay - the temperature was easy to control. Both rooms were neat and clean & comfy. The tub was slippery - be careful!
They also brought me up an extra set of pillows/blanket when we got in at midnight - that was super great of them. Made sleeping on the floor at least better - I promise I will not leave any of my kids behind if there should be a fire - I'll sign that waiver if I could get a cot - my bones didn't like the floor. Oh well, I'd do it so the kids didnt have to. Thanks Steve for helpping us with all our problems!

Room Tip: hope for Steve! Communication is key! Do not get the rooms attached to the elevator (hum every time...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
DOS2, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad we could turn your stay into a positive one. We will use your important feedback regarding communicating our cot policies.
Clive, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here in October 2012 for the third time in past few months. The hotel is conveniently located from airport (approx 15 minutes) off the 401. Hotel is very clean and welcoming. Hotel staff are excellent and make a point to greet you and offer any assistance. Raj at front desk is especially helpful.
Have eaten in the restaurant every time and the food is great. I have ordered both off menu and the nightly specials and never been disappointed. Be sure to try the warm raisin bread they bring with the meal! The night hostess and waitress are wonderful, they recognize me at this point, know what wine I like to drink and are great at offering menu suggestions or accomodating special requests. Breakfast is also outstanding - they offer a great morning buffet where the chef will also cook eggs/omelets, etc. to order.
There is a small pool/whirlpool, fitness center, and business center available. Close to several restaurants on Dixie Road, everything to fast food to steakhouse. Rooms have always been very clean.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great hotel to stay. Comfortable beds, rooms super clean. Staff very friendly and helpful. Loved the free wi-fi and shuttle to the airport. Highly recommended. I booked this hotel from recommendations from Trip Advisor and was not disappointed.

Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding from October 5-7 before heading to Niagara Falls to visit friends. It was a small hotel at a convenient location. There isn't much around there but very nice property. The hotel is new and it shows. The woman at the front desk (with the British Accent) was amazing. We checked in and out with her. She is probably the best front desk person I have ever dealt with. The adjustable bed was amazingly comfortable. The room was large with a jacuzzi tub in the corner and a separate seating area. The room had a very large walk in shower in the bathroom. The room was very clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Halifax, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Beds very comfortable - mattress had a gauge that allowed you to change the firmness of the bed - didn't need to use it as was fine for us. Good size room.
Pool was a bit on the small side and exposed to the car park but was warm in the pool area and when the spa didn't spring into life then it was immediately seen to by staff and fixed.
As being used to having hotels that have changing facilities with pool areas it was strange to me that there was only one area to change in and that was a large spacious room with toilet and sink that could be locked. After visiting a number of hotels in the area, I guess this is the norm though and hotels don't necessarily provide changing facilities in the sports area. There was a shower by the pool.
Reception staff friendly and prompt.
Air conditioning was a little on the noisy side, alhtough effective enough not to need it on all the time
Fridge and coffee maker provided along with free wifi in room which was very speedy.
Car parking free.
Let down by extremely noisy guests, but can't really blame the hotel for inconsiderate people who let their kids play in the corridors! After my complaints direct to the children didn't resolve the issue a complaint to the front desk finally resolved the situation although only after 2 phone calls to reception and 20 or so minutes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DOS2, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your comments, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and our beds. Our Garden Sleep System beds allow you to adjust your preference from soft to firm for a customised , pressure-free nights sleep.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga? Share your experiences!