“Not bad for this category of hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Toronto - Mississauga

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Toronto - Mississauga to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Toronto - Mississauga
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 Admiral Blvd., Mississauga, Ontario L5T2W1, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #23 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Montreal
“Not bad for this category of hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in January 2014 on business. Considering that this is a Holiday Inn Express, the stay was pretty good. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Breakfast is good (warm breakfast) and rooms are in reasonnable shape. There is a pool which we didn't use and an exercise room. The exercise room is well stocked with equipment but the ventilation doesn't work properly and it is very warm for an exercise room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
YYZAMmanagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Toronto - Mississauga, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing feedback with us. We glad that you enjoyed your stay overall. We will be sure to pass on your comments regarding the service, breakfast and rooms to the appropriate departments. We apologize for the ventilation issue in the fitness center. We look forward to welcoming you very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Dear Sir,

You do not know us but we had the pleasure of staying in the Holiday Inn Express & Suites on Dec 24, 2013, Christmas Eve.
Three days earlier we lost the power in our home, for different reasons we ended up staying at home with no heat and temperatures that were drooping constantly. By Tuesday morning, wan it reached 4 degrees, we knew we will need to look for hotel to spend the night. My husband was working until 7:30pm so by the time we got to your hotel it was after 9:00pm. Tired and frizzing we walked in to be welcomed by Saadia who had a big smile, hot coffee and chocolate to offer us.
Not knowing how day next day will be she had told us we will be accommodated by not needing to check out by 11:00am and we can stay until 12:00pm before we need to let the staff know if we are planning to stay for one more day. This deadline was pushed later to 2:00pm. At that time we still did not get our power back and after hearing from our son, who was staying at a friend’s house nearby, that the temperatures reached zero, we notified the front desk that we will be staying for the night.
By 4:30pm we got a call from our son that the power was back and we knew we need to go back home to try and save some of the food we kept in the garage. Saadia, once again, came to our aid by giving us discount so that we will not need to pay the full day price and can go home.
Three days in the cold does a lot to one’s emotional and physical stability, however, meeting Saadia made a big different for us and we wanted to share it with you.
Have a happy new year
Please give our regards to Saadia

R&A

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
The Ice Storm 2013 affected many of us and we are glad that you were able to find a home away from home for a short time. Thanks for the kind words about our facility and our guest service agent. Stop by anytime. We always look forward to welcoming our guests.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel for over three years now, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I visit Mississauga every week for business, and I would not stay anywhere else. It's a very comfortable, safe, and clean place to stay. The front desk staff is always professional yet very friendly and welcoming; I will not name names, because everyone is exceptional and I don't want to forget anyone. The manager, Mr. Amin Merchant, is very courteous and kind. He is always understanding and beyond helpful with any requests I may have.
The hotel is nicely spacious with a very relaxing atmosphere. The rooms are always in great shape and very clean and the great staff always ensures any needs are accommodated. The continental breakfast is always plentiful and tasty, and the breakfast room is quite bright and spacious, which is very nice in the morning. The location of the hotel is quite convenient, because it is close to several attractions, resources, and, most importantly, the Toronto Pearson International Airport.
I have never had a single problem during any of my many stays. I would recommend this hotel without a doubt, and I will be back over and over again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
YYZAMmanagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Toronto - Mississauga, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time share your stay experience. Our full hot breakfast has many choices. We are to close proximity to major highways and to the Pearson International Airport. Our staff always enjoy speaking with you during your stays and look forward to welcoming you very soon.
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights while on business in the Toronto area. Walking in, it was a clean and modern looking lobby. The front desk staff were courteous and professional for my whole stay. I stayed in a King Suite while I was there. The room was clean and well appointed with a microwave, coffee maker and fridge....more on the fridge later. I found this hotel to be very quiet which led to relaxing evenings and good nights sleep. When I say the hotel was quiet, I mean the sound levels in the rooms and hallways overall, as the hotel did appear to be full from the look of the parking lot. I didnt use the pool or the gym, however I did see both, and they looked clean and well laid out. The WIFI signal was strong and I had no issues using it during my stay. The breakfast area was large in comparison to other Holiday Inn Express's that I have stayed, which was nice as it gave you some room so you were not sitting one foot away from someone. The food area was clean and tidy. In all my reviews I try to point out a weak point, just to show an unbiased opinion. The one weak point in my stay, was my fridge. I like to try and eat healthy on my business trips, so I bought a large vegetable platter and fruit platter. I put them in the fridge for the following day. When I went to retrieve them, the fridge had frozen everything solid. I was going to complain to the front desk, but ultimately there was nothing they could do, the food was already spoiled, leaving me $20 out of pocket. Now thinking back, I should have mentioned it to the front desk, so they could fix or change the fridge so this did not happen to the next person. In anycase my overall stay was good, and was what I would expect from the Holiday Inn Express brand.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 223, and other than the fridge, everything was good.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review and pointing our pros and cons during your stay. Our King room is popular among all our corporate guests and the breakfast has a wide selection of food for everyone. I apologize that your fruits and vegetables were spoiled by the fridge in your room. We would have changed your fridge and provided you fresh food to rectify your issue during your stay. We hope that you let us know of any issues you may have on any upcoming stays. Looking forward to see you soon.
Kincardine, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We were at the Holiday Inn Express just off of Hurontario St in Mississauga Nov 14. It appears to be fairly new, as a result it was in good shape. The room was clean and spacious with a LCD TV, fridge and microwave. The bed was slightly hard which bothers my hip but it was acceptable. The only amenity we used was the breakfast which was one of the best we have seen. It had scrambled eggs, a pancake maker (first experience for me), fruit etc. This was truly a step above other hotels. We would definitely return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
YYZAMmanagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Toronto - Mississauga, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thanks for the wonderful comments regarding the room and breakfast. The pancake machine is a hit among all of our guests. Sorry to hear the mattress was not as comfortable as you would like. We look forward to welcoming you very soon and hope you are able to try out the other amenities our hotel offers.
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have needed to stay in this area for medical treatment. While I know there are many hotel options and I have tried several other locations, this location always lures me back because of the staff.
While the beds are super comfortable, the suites clean and well laid out, and the free breakfast is a great perk, it's the entire staff lead by the very professional Amin Merchant that leaves a lasting impression.

Saadia Najam who masterfully runs the front desk is exceptional. This amazing young woman is so warm, friendly and thoughtful. I had several challenges due to medical recovery, this lady was always so very supportive and kind. She even surprised me by accompanying me to the airport upon checkout, on more than one occasion, to ensure a safe departure to my home province. This was always on her own time, and at her own expense. It must be said again, Exceptional.

During my stay, I had some unusual requests for Mr. Merchant. One, to even change out bathroom fixtures to assist me during my medical recovery. No request was ever too much. I was accommodated immediately each time.

I had special dietary requirements, Rebecca Marzan, always took good care of me. She runs the dining room with pride and a welcoming, approachable manner.

I was a challenge for housekeeping as well, as I needed to spend a lot of time in bed, and often needed additional bedding. Mindu was always available to assist me, with a smile, or to return to take care of my room when I was feeling better each day.

Professionalism and courtesy are always evident.

When you need to spend weeks away from your own province, trapped inside, it is so very wonderful to be surrounded by genuinely thoughtful people.

Mr. Merchant and the staff have been so kind. Under his warm and respectful management, I have been taken care of like a family member. I was checked in on each day to ensure I was ok and needed no special requirements. I was surprised often, I was gifted flowers and fruit baskets from Mr. Merchant and the staff, but nothing can take the place of feeling cared for when you are alone.

I could go on and on about the hotel, its very well maintained, the furniture is comfortable, the pool is great, the staff run this hotel with pride.

THIS is the place to stay.

Room Tip: The suites are fantastic, equipped with mini fridge and microwave oven. Its nice to have a separate...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
YYZAMmanagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Toronto - Mississauga, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our staff and hotel in general. We always look forward to welcoming our devoted guests, such as yourself. We are glad that you were able to enjoy your stay especially being away from home for extended periods of time. You are part of our Holiday Inn family and wish you all best always.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Friendly reception staff and large rooms. A bit out of the way but easy access to bus route. Breakfast could have a few more options. Adequate gym. Free wifi is very good. Very useful microwave and fridge in room.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
YYZAMmanagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Toronto - Mississauga, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thanks for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. We have many amenties that attract travelers, such as fitness center and indoor heated pool. All our spacious rooms also include a fridge and microwave. We aplogize for the breakfast choices. However we follow the brand standards. Let us know the next time you stay with us--we would be happy to try to accomodate your needs.