“OYSTERS THURSDAY” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“OYSTERS THURSDAY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Outstanding deal...$1.50 HUGE oysters on thursdays..they give a HUGE chilled plate, with all garnishes, plus a coupleof Large shrimp...
Also, they have a mussel day and pizza day as well...very very good. New patio also.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ontario, New York
“Ratings can not explain the experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I loved the idea of the patio in Port Credit. The service by a slim, brunette lady was outstanding and not to mention the steak was very tasteful. 100% will recommend this place and be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Not Impressed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I had gone to this restaurant for my birthday, and had 14 of my closest friends and family join me for dinner. I was excited to have everyone come to this restaurant for the last time I went to the shore the music was great and the appetizer was good.

So the night started off not so good. I had ordered a martini there was over a dozen fruit flies inside of my drink. I had sent it back with the waiter and not even an apology was given, all he said was that this is normal it happens in bars......so I was not impressed with this comment!
This drink was not taken off the bill at the end of the night by the way!!

Then 2 of my other guests had sent back there pasta dishes for there was no taste and there was spices added that should have not been with the dish that was ordered. The waiter again did not apologize and just made a comment like oh maybe you just didn't like the cheese that was in it....What does that have to do with tasteless food??? and spices that should not be in an Italian pasta dish like curry?????

Another one of my friend ordered pizza the whole bottom of the pizza was burnt and I mean BLACK!!!

The waiter did not care that we were all disappointed. He was not friendly, or compassionate at all!! I will never recommend this restaurant to any one again. You know you have had a bad experience when all 14 of your guests say they will never come back to this restaurant again.

NOT ONCE DID A MANAGER COME OUT TO APOLOGIZE!!!! WE ALL WASTED OUR MONEY ON FOOD AND SERVICE THAT WAS NOT WORTH A PENNY

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Mississauga, Canada
“Don't believe the hype this is one terrible restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I went to Lagoshore with a friend two weeks ago on a Saturday night expecting something akin to Rogues (also in Mississauga) or Soto Soto in Toronto. Wow - what a disappointment and it starts right away with college students in jeans serving on paper table coverings and not knowing if there is any oaked Chardonnay on the wine list. This is an unsophisticated restaurant masquerading as upscale. Our waiter was a nice kid and we were in a generous mood. The food - I tested bruschetta and a veal dish and my companion had seafood and a salad - was, to be blunt, of poor quality. Unadorned veal limone should not be tough and leathery and pasta should not be way overcooked. Normally, I might be tempted to send something so poor back but we wanted to be nice on a Saturday when the kitchen obviously was under pressure. We gamefully tried their signature dessert of baked banana - cold, tasteless and sugary best described it. We also waited patiently, being Saturday night we were understanding, for service for an hour before our appetizers came out. The entire dinner timed out at 2 hours. They should stop pretending this is upscale - this is as unprofessional both at the wait staff level and the kitchen as it gets. Note: The wine came room temperature and in the end they searched out an unoaked Chard - not the experience one is looking for for fine dining.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Mississauga, Canada
“Could be great but just good!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have been to this restaurant many times and usually sit at the bar in the original Shore area as we did last week. The new patio out front, although temporary, is a great addition and the food is good. Their baked pasta and wood oven pizza's are always tasty. Prices are good and they have beer on tap with a decent wine list. I don't get the service here though, as attentive as they are at times, it isn't really buttoned down and you never leave with any sense that they value your business. We will go back as food wins over service in this case.

• Visited August 2012