“Bring back your halibut.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bertoldi's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 835 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bertoldi’s is an authentic Italian Trattoria in London, Ontario. Our food is cooked the true Italian way - made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients possible.
“Bring back your halibut.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This ia a great restraunt. A little light on parking but that is expected downtown. It would be nice if you brought the halibut back. Even if you listed it at "Market Value" due to your cost. The short ribs more than make up for it.

Also, this is the best coffee I have found in London

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bob D, Owner at Bertoldi's, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thanks for the review! We will take your feedback regarding the halibut into consideration - it was certainly a well-received dish! Glad to hear our short ribs and coffee can fill the void for you :) Salute!

Scottsdale, Arizona
“A very good Italian style restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I don't have anything unusual or remarkable to report other than this is
a good to very good Italian style restaurant with pleasant prompt service. No
complaints.

• Visited August 2013
Bob D, Owner at Bertoldi's, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thanks for the review. Glad to hear the positive feedback on our dishes, as well as our service! Hope you will come back again soon!
London, Canada
“Great atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have been to the restaurant on several occasions and have enjoyed the food and atmosphere. I have tasted many of the items offered. Everything gets an easy pass except the ricotta gnocchi. I have to agree with one of the other reviewers and say that they are way too heavy. Probably too much flour. Have made them myself so I do know how they should taste. Although I would not order them again you certainly have more than enough alternatives to keep me coming back. Super friendly service at every visit. Will be back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bob D, Owner at Bertoldi's, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thanks for the review. It pleases us to hear you are a fan of our friendly, Italian atmosphere just as much as our delicious dishes! WIth regards to the ricotta gnocchi, it certainly does have a heavier texture than the typical potato variation. We hope that we will see you at our Gnocchi Festival which is running August 13-31 so you can try some of our other gnocchi options!
Ontario
“some very good, some not so good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This evening we went to Bertoldi's for dinner. We have gone there several times in the past. Tonight, as in most of my previous visits, some of the food was great and some not so great. We began with a fig salad that we shared. A large portion, more than enough to share. The salad was a great mix of favours. Two types of figs, orange mellon, mixed into a bed of arugula, topped with prosciutto and grated parmesan cheese. The combination of flavours was amazing. I would order it again.

For our entries I had the chicken scallopini and my friend had the Veal Marsala , The Chicken Scallopini was served with a side of ricotta gnocchi. Also in the scallopini were black olives and capers. I really did not enjoy this dish. The sauce overwhelmed the dish and unfortunately it had a sour taste, perhaps it had not simmered long enough. I also did not like the capers and the black olives in the dish. They did not add any pleasant flavours. The gnocchi did not appear to be home made. They were heavy and they should be light and airy. The chicken was excellent and there was plenty of it. Too bad about the rest.

My friend had the Veal Marsala with roasted potatoes, mushrooms and grilled zucchini. He really enjoyed his meal and I had a few bites, which I also really enjoyed. The marsala sauce was light and not over powering.

The service was very good. The staff was very attentive. The patio was very busy even on a Monday evening.

As a side note, it must have rained earlier in the day and yet the stairs at the bottom were still wet. This could have been a health and safety concern. These stairs are from inside the restaurant up to the patio and also the ones going out from the patio to the parking area.

• Visited July 2013
Bob D, Owner at Bertoldi's, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear your experience was a positive one. In regards to the chicken scallopine dish, I assure you our gnocchi is homemade, as are the rest of our menu items. Our gnocchi certainly has a different taste and texture from your typical gnocchi, and this is because it is made with ricotta rather than potato. In terms of the sauce, the Taleggio cheese, capers and caraffa olives will create a strong aroma and a flavour which is mild, yet contains an unusual fruity tang which could be what caused the sour taste. Glad to hear you enjoyed everything else, and we hope you will come by again!
“Hair in your food and cheese on your fork, yummy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The appetizer came with a long black hair swirled around the bread in the olive/balsamic sauce.

Service was very slow and our table was ignored to the point where we couldnt send back our app until our meal was brought to the table.

Hoping the main course would take our minds off the hair, and crappy service, we noticed our utensils were coated with hard stuck on cheese.

The waitress must of realized by this point the table was going to bomb on the tip so she never came back to offer tea or coffee, except to silently leave the bill. Thankfully she removed the app we never ate but charged us full price.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bob D, Owner at Bertoldi's, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear you had this experience at our restaurant. We do our best to provide a great atmosphere, service and delicious meals, in order to create the best dining experience possible. Can you provide us with a few more details about your experience by emailing me directly? Knowing who your server was, what you ordered and when you were in would be beneficial for us in making sure this never happens again. If you could email me directly at JessidcaD@bignight.ca with this information we would greatly appreciate it.