“Good and Bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of TRU - CLOSED

TRU
45 King Street, London, Ontario N6A1B8, Canada (Central London)
519-672-4333
Website
Improve this listing
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central London
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
“Good and Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The decor is very dated and the service seemed disorganized. We had reservations, the restaurant was almost empty, but they seemed to have difficulty finding us a table. After 5 - 10 minutes of waiting, once we got a table, a waiter came and asked if anyone had looked after us yet, as if the tables weren't assigned. The drinks took quite some time to come and no bread was brought. The meal itself was quite tasty and the young man brought us bread after I asked. The waiter was a pleasant young fellow, and perhaps inexperienced. The parking was great. We will go back because of the proximity to Budweiser Gardens and the food was pretty good (a little pricey for what you got, tho').

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, Canada
“Much better places in London”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Visited during Londonlicious, and I would not recommend it - perhaps the restaurant is better when they aren't sticking to a set low-cost menu? The menu was promising, but the delivery is less so. For such a fancy restaurant (and the decor really is wonderful!), the plating of my meal was unimaginative and plain. Further, though, my steak was blue - ordered rare, and it was cold and translucent inside (which is not rare!). After notifying my server, they refired it and gave it back to me. The first cm or so on the outside was well done, and the inside was blue still.

I'm not sure if they cook these steaks from frozen, or if the chef had the temp high to cut corners, or if there was something wrong with my steak, but after bringing it to their attention once I did not feel like mentioning it again. They didn't come by to make sure that it was alright. We got the dessert too (Londonlicious), and it was absolutely average.

If the costs were low, this would be a fine restaurant, but for this cost there are many better places in London. Save your money and go elsewhere.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, Canada
“First Rate Dining Downtown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

A menu for every taste. Great food...great service. First experience was during "Londonisholous" and will return again at a less busy time.

Visited February 2013
“disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

we were offered one drink had to get server attention to get the second one which tastedlike turpentine my food was cold and the only flavour was garlic the pecan tart for dessert was ice cold and hard to get through we waited forever for the bill and still had dishes on the table plus we paid 15 dollars to park and its valentines day lol we will never go back we were told by someone at moxies they heard tru was good well it sucked moxies however was amazing all the way around great food great service we will go back to moxies always. TRU was truly a big disappointment now we need to find something for dinner as we are still hungry HaHa P.S the only person that seemed to care about anyone in the place was the waitress she was very busy with a great pase good for her i think she was the only female employee there

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, ON
“Delicious and relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I had dinner there and we were pleasantly surprised to find out that the londonlicious menu was still in effect! We had a fantastic dinner. Portions were perfect and everything was cooked perfectly. We will definitely go back. Food and overall atmosphere are great.

• Visited February 2013