“Nice atmosphere” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
London
“Nice atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

It's a nice restaurant, the food is decent, service is good. It's not very unique and there's nothing to write home about, but it's ok in general.

Visited May 2013

Rodney ON
“Lucky find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were going to a play in Stratford, but couldn't get dinner reservations there, so we decided to eat in London. My wife recommended McGuiness as a good lunchtime place. We found it to be good for dinner as well. First of all, it has an attractive atmosphere. It has the big screen TV in one area, a separate room for larger groups, and the usual tables for dining. Service was very good. Even the manager came over when we were chilled by the air conditioning and adjusted the temp for us. We noticed that he was active in helping out the staff with setting up, cleaning up and anything else that needed doing. That shows me that he wants this place to shine, and we noticed.
My wife and guest had some shrimp appetizers, and I had the French onion soup. It had an interesting tang in its taste that I couldn't identify, but was flavorful nonetheless. They had chicken and ribs and I had the sirloin burger. All the food was very good and plentiful (the extra ribs and chicken was boxed for us). It's a great setup for conversation over a meal, which scores points with me. Prices are reasonable. I recommend this for good casual dining any day of the week.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, Ontario, Canada
“Great food and great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I met a friend here for lunch the other day.
The restaurant is stylish and modern inside. The atmosphere is relaxed and inviting.
The staff were helpful and eager to serve.
The food was fresh and delivered quickly.
I recommend:
Steak salad
Sausage nachos

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, Ontario
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Met a friend for lunch. Waited 10 minutes to see a server and the restaurant only had about 4 tables full. Ordered the shrimp tacos and fries and asked for malt vinegar and ketchup. My friend had the caesar salad. Portion was large, but the shrimp batter was soggy and unseasoned and the Mexican slaw had no dressing. Was made up of only cabbage and peppers. No pop of seasoning let alone any spice. Not sure what made it Mexican. Ketchup never came and we were tucked so far back into a corner booth we couldn't get the attention of the server. When the ketchup showed up the fries were cold. My friend comented that the caesar salad was just "okay". We both left very disappointed.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Good Option for Large Groups”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

McGinnis is a good place for birthday dinners or other large celebrations. We were a party of about 16 people, and they had a big table set and ready when we arrived for our reservation. The interior of the restaurant is nice, and our server was friendly and efficient. Drink orders were taken quickly, and their menu has a good variety of options to choose from. We came on a Thursday night, so I ordered their mussels in white wine sauce with a garden salad on the side. The mussels were well cooked and the sauce was hot, but I wish there was more stuff in the pot, maybe some julienned vegetables and fresh herbs? My fellow dining members sitting next to me really enjoyed their burgers, mac and cheese, and pistachio salmon with mashed potatoes. They even brought the birthday man a free brownie sundae which I didn't try but heard it was very good. Our server split all of our bills correctly, and paying with my Western Student card was no issue. If you have a large crowd to feed with varying dietary needs, Mcginnis offers a nice change from the typical chain restaurants in London.

• Visited April 2013