“Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 835 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Seafood
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Probably the best and most generous halibut I have had. Service was fantastic. The only thing I would like to see would be fresh hand cut fries.. That said the fries and the entire meal was great.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, Canada
“Best Fish & Chips in town.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My family and I have been eating at Irenes for nearly 50 years. Although it has changed owners over the years it is still the best fish & chips, as well as other menu items. I usually do take out as I live nearby and it is handy when you have unexpected company. I have recommended Irene's to my friends and they tell me they enjoy the food.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Irene's is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Great food, great price, great service and always reliable. What more can you ask for? It does not matter how long ago you have visited, it is always the same, which is rare.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, Canada
“Good place for fish lovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Got recommendation from another site, tried last week and we are quite happy. The place is small and non pretancious, but the fish is fresh, cooked just right, and plenty of choices. I had cod and my hubby had mahi mahi, both delicious. They came with rice, veggie and coslaw, all tasty. I saw quite a few people who were obviously frequents, another good sign.
May not be a romantic setting to impress your date but suitable for casual dinning.

• Visited June 2014
London
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I've been to Irene's many, many times. Why do I keep going back? It's only a few blocks from my house and breakfast there is great! This last time I was there, there were folks waiting in the rain in the parking lot to get in.
The place may be small, but the food is fantastic. The servers are great - polite, courteous and very helpful.

Always my go-to breakfast spot!

• Visited June 2014