“Expensive but worth it.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
St. Thomas
“Expensive but worth it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here during Londonlicious last year. The food was amazing. We both said it was the most amazing thing we had ever eaten at any restaurant, at home, anywhere ever and my boyfriend is Italian. I had a lobster pasta and deep fried ravioli and a blue raspberry something to drink. All were amazing. The deep fried ravioli is possibly the best thing I have ever eaten in my life. I had a lemon tart for dessert which was great. I can't remember anything my boyfriend had unfortunately except for wine, but we ith agreed that it was hands down the best food we had ever had anywhere, ever.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“"Not The Best"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We dropped in with some friends for dinner and a couple of drinks. Firstly the place is located in a renovated, century home in London, so its cramped and located on two floors. Parking is tough to find, although there is parking for maybe 20 cars in the back. Being a Saturday night, it was busy and there was nowhere to park except for few blocks down the street.
Anyway, upon arriving into a VERY small reception area/bar, we were told that there was a 30 minute wait for a table, fair enough. The place was buzzing so it looks like a good sign. The hostess was very accommodating and constantly kept updating us on the timing for the table. About 30 minutes later, sure enough, table was ready.
Ordered Lobster/Crabcakes for apps and I ordered veal picatta with a side of pasta. My friend ordered pecan crusted chicken.
Lobster cakes arrived- 2 small cakes on a plate with some garnish and a mayo type dipping sauce. Typical deep fried cake with more bread crumbs than crab or lobster. Couldnt really taste any lobster, but again these were typical, and nothing special. Meals arrived, veal picata was a couple of thin pieces of deep fried meat, very overdone, and not very tasty. Side of pasta and sauce was actually flavourless. Very disappointing. My friends meal, the chicken pecan came hot and fresh, and juicy. It was better. It had some flavour and pizazz.
So I'm thinking that this place has a few items which are better than the others and your experience will hinge on what you order. However, billed as an Italian restaurant, one would expect veal picatta to be done right. Not so here. So to sum up, place is cramped, parking is limited, service was good, and the food was mediocre at best. We didn't get offered any suggestions on a nice wine and I think it was because the server looked about 15 years old and most likely didnt have a good enough handle on the wine market. Last thing- prices are about what you might expect for a restaurant of this caliber. 60 bucks for two with only a couple drinks. Nothing expensive.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
toronto
“Disappointed in meal after reading good reviews.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Not the best Italian restaurant that I've been to - but not the worst.
1. The complimentary breadsticks to start don't go well with the oil dip - much prefer a loaf of bread.
2. Ordered the sirloin tip fettuccine. The pasta was very dry - It's a pesto oil sauce and in my experience these are not typically so dry. It was so dry that my noodles just kind of clumped together. However, the mushrooms and sirloin were seasoned very nicely and were the saving grace of this dish.
3. The brie raspberry app - the brie and bread was good I could do with a sauce that is not so sweet. It was missing something.

I've heard really good things about this restaurant and would like to give it another chance - perhaps the entree I ordered just wasn't a good representation of the rest of the menu!

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
canada
“First visit, will definitely return !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

There were 8 of us all celebrating our 40th birthdays, and we chose Fellini Koolini's. I had never been, and someone from our group chose the restaurant. We were warmly greeted, and they had a great spot arranged for us. Our server was new to the establishment I think, and she did a fantastic job !! Being a server myself, bigger groups are not the easiest to serve, and she did a great job. She let us know about the features, how they worked, the prices...and was efficient from start to end. We were in no rush, but the food was served in a timely manner, the choice I made for my meal was fresh, and delicious. My only critique may have been the breadsticks on the table....didn't seem the freshest, and definitely hard to bite into. I hope to visit again , next time in London !!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, Ontario, Canada
“Pretty Good Casual Italian Fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Fellini Koolini's is worth trying out, especially considering it's affordable Italian cuisine.

The atmosphere is extremely relaxed, rustic, and comfortable. It's hard not to love it, with no pretentiousness or pretensions. Some people will like it and some others will find it tight and unpleasant. I was only accompanied by another individual, so we both liked the atmosphere.

Waiting at every table is something entirely different than most of the Italian restaurants in London and that's bread sticks. They aren't anything particularly revolutionary, merely bread sticks, crispy and crunchy. They don't work so well when you have to dip it into the herb-infused oil, which is quite good, but I managed to eat six or seven regardless.

My female friend and I both ordered off of the "Taste of Italy" menu, which offers an appetizer and a main course for either $20 or $25. I opted for the Mussels Scarfone and the special pizza of the day, Steak Bruschetta, while my female cohort chose the Caesar and Mediterranean pizza.
The mussels were quite good, in this simple tomato broth with peppercorn and garlic. Not rubbery and overcooked but I unfortunately did get a bit of sand grit in a single mussel, which was a little unpleasant. The Caesar salad was a basic, creamy Caesar. Anything you would expect at chain restaurants.

The pizzas were very good. The thin crust isn't that of a Neapolitan, New York, or Chicago, for example. It was closer to a cracker style, meant merely to compliment the toppings and act as a vessel. The Mediterranean was incredibly good, with its fantastic garlic oil, pesto and incredible cheesiness. The Steak Bruschetta wasn't nearly as good but it was enjoyable with its slice of steak, onions and mushroom.

The service was good. The waitress was inquisitive to the right point, smiled, and also made jokes and some small talk. She wasn't overly talkative nor was she absent for long periods of time. If more waitresses were like mine, I'd a happy diner.

I'd recommend coming here. It's relaxing and the food is fairly good. Don't expect the best Italian cuisine in the city, but it's a wonderful place to come, chat with a friend(s) and enjoy solid Italian food.

• Visited April 2013