“Terrible, never again!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #503 of 891 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
“Terrible, never again!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I had the misfortune of going three times to this establishment. The first time was upon recommendation for "great peking duck". We did not know that we had to call ahead, so when we got there, we couldn't order the duck. This was fine, as we were prepared to get dim sum. The dim sum was mediocre at best. For example, their "plain rice" was exactly that: rice + water. A lot of water. As a Chinese person, even if I cooked congee at home with only rice and water, it would not even come out so tasteless. We ordered the typical dim sum dishes, they tasted like the restaurant bought them frozen at a super market and just steamed them. Rolls were poorly wrapped, and other items were either over or under seasoned.
The second time I went with the friend who recommended the peking duck. We called ahead and reserved a duck. That time it was not too bad, which is why I'm giving this place 2 stars instead of 1. The duck was flavoured well, with the appropriate sauce and side dishes. So I thought I would give this place a second chance and bring another friend there for my third visit.
This was a very big mistake. Since she has never had duck before, we decided we would order the half duck (usually for 1 person), and get something else as well in case she didn't like the duck. The duck we got was full of bone. It felt like an extra skinny duck, because I don't think there was even one piece of meat where we were able to separate meat from bone and come out with a decent bite of meat. I think we had maybe a total of 7 pieces of duck. We then ordered Kung Pao chicken, which came out with a nice long hair on top of the food. Then it was a game of finding the chicken in the middle of celery and cashews. The dish was not spicy, it wasn't even salty. In fact, there was very little flavour in it at all. On the plus side, the portion was very big.
At the end of the meal, we were asked if we wanted free dessert. However, the waitress couldn't explain what the dessert was (some sort of congee?), so we decided to skip the surprise.
I will never go back to this place

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, Canada
“Bad attitude from the cashier of a old lady”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Bad attitude from the cashier of a old lady, today I with my husband had dim sum there , we spend $28.8 there, the food is not so great, but we not complain, when we finish, I bring my card to the cashier pay the bill, she give my husband a dirty look when my husband still eating, then I give her my bank card, she put my card in the machine , I check the amout maybe spend 5 second, then she ask me quickly, after the mechine ask me fill how much tip, I press number 4, the mechine display $0.04, so I tell the old lady cashier I want to pay $4 tip , then she ask me do it again, and slap my hand when my hand beside the machine, lucky I moved my hand fast, otherwise she must slap me, don't understand why she so angry, we are customers there, I am so angry but not say something, I am a Asian my husband is a Western, I think we will never go there again .

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, Ontario, Canada
“NEVER again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Ordered in person and waited for it so we could take it to go. I don't even know how to explain how terrible this food was. We threw it out when we got home and ordered in Pizza.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, Ontario, Canada
“dragon court”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

ordered from there through just eats.ca food was an hour late cold beef and broccoli beef was so tough and chewy sweet and sour pork no meat bones overcooked had to phone 3 times about order no appology just it will be there in another 20 minutes obviously they dont care about customer service or potential for new customers never again

• Visited February 2013
London, Canada
“the dinner is wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

tonight 3 of us have a dinner here, we ordered Curry Seafood pot, Sizzling Black Pepper Beef Ribs, and Mei Cai Kou Rou. The taste is great and portion is of good size. We have been here for 6 or 7 times since the summer of last year they had a new chef (a Canadian Chef but learned great Chinese cooking) and new renovation. The quality of the dishes is consistently good. No doubt I will recommend this restaurant to my friends.

• Visited February 2013